The evil 'Mr. Rogers'

Mr. Rogers was neither evil or naïve.

He was however, a stone cold killer in the Vietman War, a sharpshooter and a hero. Somethings like 26 kills.

Fox is kidding when they call him an evil man. It is simply a way of pointing out that his genuine efforts to make kids feel good about themselves may have instead made them feel entitled.

Mr. Rogers was a great man.
Sorry, pal! This and many other links will teach you that Mr. Rogers never served in the military and never killed anyone.

You have been duped!

snopes.com: Rumors About Fred Rogers

:eusa_angel:

He was however, a stone cold killer in the Vietman War, a sharpshooter and a hero. Somethings like 26 kills.

Fox is kidding when they call him an evil man. It is simply a way of pointing out that his genuine efforts to make kids feel good about themselves may have instead made them feel entitled.

Sorry, man, that was an urban legend.

Sorry, man, that was an urban legend.

Where have you been? "Reading this thread" is not an acceptable answer.

Last edited:
Mr. Rogers may have been a distinguished sharp shooter, an all around genius, a person of great wealth and generosity, best promoter of cardigans, a children's idol, the best husband and father, a great lover of arts, etc. etc. etc. he still earned the title of "NAIVE IDIOT" with his statement that all kids are equally special, or something of that sort, which rates right up there in its stupidity with "ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE".

Pity the unfortunate suckers who grew up having swallowed his nonsense about being "SPECIAL" and finding that in REAL life they are and never will be anything of the sort.

UNLESS, of course, the work for it and EARN it.

If you actually believe Fred Rogers was a distinguished sharpshooter in Vietnam, even though his TV show began in 1963 (the same year he graduated from the seminary), then you may want to ruminate a bit before flinging "naive idiot" around. Just sayin'.

I'm a bit too old to have grown up with Mr. Rogers, and you're from Hungary, but the simple fact is that children were despised and abused before that time institutionally if not in the home as well, so I'd say what Fred Rogers was doing was largely psychic damage control.

As for will "never will be anything of the sort", you should probably see a psychologist. That's not a healthy attitude at all.

Last edited:
I love Fred Rogers, he was a very caring person and I believe everyone is special in their own way.

[ame=http://youtu.be/NQqKBqj5xhY]Mr. Rogers Last Words - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back