The evil 'Mr. Rogers'

leave it to Fox and Friends to pick on a Presbyterian Minister :rolleyes:

His son and daughter in law are friends of mine. This is really ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. Mr. Rogers was not an evil man. Mr. Rogers was the son of one of the founders of RCA Victrola. His father was the R in the RCA. When Mr. Rogers father died the entire city came out to line the streets and bid him farewell - he was known as a generous man who paid the way for many waitresses and others in the community to go to college.

He was fabulously wealthy and owned a 200 yr old home in Nantucket. His sons were very humble men, not flashy, neither was Mr. Rogers, he drove a Chevy Cavalier - I saw it. The problem with Fox News is that they feel they are justified in reporting such lies under the guise of entertainment. It is bitterly cruel and my sympathy goes out to his family and his especially his wife who certainly doesn't need to learn of such nonsense. Very trashy. Fox has no class. - Jeri

His son and daughter in law are friends of mine. This is really ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. Mr. Rogers was not an evil man. Mr. Rogers was the son of one of the founders of RCA Victrola. His father was the R in the RCA. When Mr. Rogers father died the entire city came out to line the streets and bid him farewell - he was known as a generous man who paid the way for many waitresses and others in the community to go to college.

He was fabulously wealthy and owned a 200 yr old home in Nantucket. His sons were very humble men, not flashy, neither was Mr. Rogers, he drove a Chevy Cavalier - I saw it. The problem with Fox News is that they feel they are justified in reporting such lies under the guise of entertainment. It is bitterly cruel and my sympathy goes out to his family and his especially his wife who certainly doesn't need to learn of such nonsense. Very trashy. Fox has no class. - Jeri

No no no you don't.

The "R" in RCA is for "radio". Radio Corporation of America. Not "Rogers".

Are you thinking of the Canadian media company?

Mr. Rogers was neither evil or naïve.

He was however, a stone cold killer in the Vietman War, a sharpshooter and a hero. Somethings like 26 kills.

Fox is kidding when they call him an evil man. It is simply a way of pointing out that his genuine efforts to make kids feel good about themselves may have instead made them feel entitled.

Mr. Rogers was a great man.

He was however, a stone cold killer in the Vietman War, a sharpshooter and a hero. Somethings like 26 kills.

Fox is kidding when they call him an evil man. It is simply a way of pointing out that his genuine efforts to make kids feel good about themselves may have instead made them feel entitled.

Great post,

Internet legend.

He wasn't a secret military killer, just a man of God with a degree in Music and a lifetime career in broadcast television.

No no no you don't.

I am telling you I saw the photographs and the Victrola myself! The original one! It is still in the family! This was years ago when I lived in Fla. John ( Mr. Rogers son ) showed me the photographs and told me the story of his granfather being the R in RCA ( Mr. Rogers Father ) I saw the photographs, the news clippings, everything. His son worked for a bank back then and walked to work. ( by choice ) Salt of the earth people. Fox doesn't know what they are talking about and neither do you! His mother was a brilliant pianist. I don't know how she is or the rest of the family these days but I do know that this story about him is a bunch of nonsense! - Jeri

No no no you don't.

I am telling you I saw the photographs and the Victrola myself! The original one! It is still in the family! This was years ago when I lived in Fla. John ( Mr. Rogers son ) showed me the photographs and told me the story of his granfather being the R in RCA ( Mr. Rogers Father ) I saw the photographs, the news clippings, everything. His son worked for a bank back then and walked to work. ( by choice ) Salt of the earth people. Fox doesn't know what they are talking about and neither do you! His mother was a brilliant pianist. I don't know how she is or the rest of the family these days but I do know that this story about him is a bunch of nonsense! - Jeri

Then he was either lying or passing on a falsehood he'd been told himself. RCA has always meant Radio Corporation of America. Radio was a new invention then, and the USG, having nationalized the young industry as a resource for World War I, made a deal with General Electric to form a monopoly electronics company. This company was called, from its beginning in 1919, the Radio Corporation of America; "RCA". It has never stood for anyone named Rogers, or anybody else.

Radio is my life's work. I think I'll take what I already know over an anecdote from some guy you met in Florida. Plus it's entirely documented. I've got an entire library here. Victrolas were a commodity that anyone could buy, and someone's mother being a brilliant pianist is not exactly a logical basis for somebody named Rogers being the R in the Radio Corporation of America.

I'm afraid what you're following is one of those pieces of family folklore that develops and gets garbled over the years. Perhaps the guy was the R in some other company, but it wasn't RCA, because that's never stood for anyone's name.

Last edited:

Internet legend.

He wasn't a secret military killer, just a man of God with a degree in Music and a lifetime career in broadcast television.

Wow. History is a lost art. Never heard that one before.
Perhaps the poster was thinking of Chuck Barris. :lol:

I can just picture it: "would you be my ♪ ... won't you be ♫ ... my victim" ...BLAMMO.

And pretty hard to do considering he started the show on CBC in 1963. Wasn't a whole lot going on in Vietnam yet.

Last edited:

Internet legend.

yep.....

Mr. Rogers may have been a distinguished sharp shooter, an all around genius, a person of great wealth and generosity, best promoter of cardigans, a children's idol, the best husband and father, a great lover of arts, etc. etc. etc. he still earned the title of "NAIVE IDIOT" with his statement that all kids are equally special, or something of that sort, which rates right up there in its stupidity with "ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE".

Pity the unfortunate suckers who grew up having swallowed his nonsense about being "SPECIAL" and finding that in REAL life they are and never will be anything of the sort.

UNLESS, of course, the work for it and EARN it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back