The evil 'Mr. Rogers'

Well, I did read that he was--on the internet.

Man, that busts me up that Mr. Rogers wasn't a sharpshooter in Vietnam. A war hero that did his duty, then turned his attentions to making young kids feel good about themselves.

He was one of my heroes. Man it stings.

I also read on the internet that Captain Kangaroo was pretty much a bad-ass at Iwo Jima with the actor Lee Marvin. Marvin said Captain Kangaroo was a hero too.

Is that more internet B. S.?

If I can't believe the internet, what am I to do? Rely on the Federal Government for my info?

What about Santa Claus? Please don't tell me he is an internet legend too.

Man, that busts me up that Mr. Rogers wasn't a sharpshooter in Vietnam. A war hero that did his duty, then turned his attentions to making young kids feel good about themselves.

I also read on the internet that Captain Kangaroo was pretty much a bad-ass at Iwo Jima with the actor Lee Marvin. Marvin said Captain Kangaroo was a hero too.

If I can't believe the internet, what am I to do? Rely on the Federal Government for my info?

Yes, Internet BS. Lee Marvin was not at Iwo Jima, he had been injured in Saipan and was still recovering. Bob Keeshan, aka Captain Kangaroo, was a Marine reservist, I do not believe he ever saw action.

Just forget it. They will never stop defending FOX or that fat drug raged pig at the EIB!

We're now getting our validations from a link to UPWORTHY?

Who the hell is upworthy?

Fox News Spends 6 Minutes Describing Why Mr. Rogers Was An 'Evil, Evil Man'

Curse that man for teaching kids self-confidence. Why can't we go back to the old days where children are beaten into submission for not making enough cheese? My favorite moment comes at 3:48, when the host reads an obviously sarcastic message as a sincere indictment of Fred Rogers.
Fox News Spends 6 Minutes Describing Why Mr. Rogers Was An 'Evil, Evil Man'

Now, Dr. Ruth? Fucking bad ass...

Well, its distressing to learn that Mr. Rogers wasn't a hero.

I read it on the internet and believed it, so I look foolish.

But that's not as bad as being disabused of the notion that he was a hero, cause he was one of my heroes.

I still think highly of him cause of his work with the kiddies. I had 3 that watched him religiously. I watched him with them.

And they grew up to feel entitled. I bought cars and paid for college for all three---and never a thank you. It was understood---you have a kid; you are obligated to buy cars and pay for college.

But, I'm not ready to blame Mr. Rogers for it all.

Notice a theme?

Liberal "Intellectuals" can't tell the difference between Fox News and Fox & Friends

....and they think Tina Fey on SNL was really Sarah Palin

Last edited:
Notice a theme?

Liberal "Intellectuals" can't tell the difference between Fox News and Fox & Friends

It doesn't matter what show it was. For anyone to pretend that FOX is nothing more than the teapublican media wing is laughable.

Very young kids loved him.

He was calm and soothing and friendly.

Fox corportion is just fucking nuts and ya gotta be nuts (or very very stupid) to take that propaganda outlet seriously.

I don't think I ever watched the show as a kid. if i did I certainly don't remember it.

Even as kid I didn't like Public television.

Notice a theme?

It doesn't matter what show it was. For anyone to pretend that FOX is nothing more than the teapublican media wing is laughable.

The Tea Party started in 1996? Who knew!
I thought that that the Tea Party started in 2009. Which it did.
Fox Started broadcasting in 1996.
Guess what? Not just Conservatives watch Fox News. Fox has cons, mods and yes, even some libs who watch them.
Everyone who watched the show got it when she said that Mr. Rogers was an evil, evil man, while she was saying it with some laughter.
Some people have no since of humor at all.

Last edited:
Very young kids loved him.

He was calm and soothing and friendly.

Fox corportion is just fucking nuts and ya gotta be nuts (or very very stupid) to take that propaganda outlet seriously.

^ also confuses SNL with NBC News

Mr. Rogers may have been a distinguished sharp shooter, an all around genius, a person of great wealth and generosity, best promoter of cardigans, a children's idol, the best husband and father, a great lover of arts, etc. etc. etc. he still earned the title of "NAIVE IDIOT" with his statement that all kids are equally special, or something of that sort, which rates right up there in its stupidity with "ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE".

Pity the unfortunate suckers who grew up having swallowed his nonsense about being "SPECIAL" and finding that in REAL life they are and never will be anything of the sort.

UNLESS, of course, the work for it and EARN it.

If you actually believe Fred Rogers was a distinguished sharpshooter in Vietnam, even though his TV show began in 1963 (the same year he graduated from the seminary), then you may want to ruminate a bit before flinging "naive idiot" around. Just sayin'.

I'm a bit too old to have grown up with Mr. Rogers, and you're from Hungary, but the simple fact is that children were despised and abused before that time institutionally if not in the home as well, so I'd say what Fred Rogers was doing was largely psychic damage control.

As for will "never will be anything of the sort", you should probably see a psychologist. That's not a healthy attitude at all.

I guess you missed "may have been" in my reference to Mr. Rogers shooting abilities. No surprise your ilk are undisputed champs of misquoting, quoting out of context and outright lying.

Yes, I am from Hungary, and I was really and truly abused and despised by my parents who had the unmitigated gull to teach me such nonsense as one must earn one's keep, and respect of others by working hard, being honest and expect success only through your own efforts. Mr. Rogers promoted the idea of free-loading and expecting success in life for no effort, and for that he richly deserves the title of "NAIVE IDIOT". Those who think they are special just for being them, according to Mr. Rogers, will NEVER amount to anything in life without abusing and taking advantage of others. Like you, for example.

You are the product of that such stupidly naive mentality. If anyone needs psychological help it's you.

BTW, have you noticed that the second worst President and the most naive 50 year old child both had the proclivity for wearing cardigans?

Forum List

Back