The equal pay for women debate is Washington BS!

How the fuck you think the past built all the stone monuments around the world on Braun alone ? God damn your dumb

it was mathematics and astrology

Work smart not hard
Those who are not idiots know that it's not an either/or proposition.

In other words, your attempted argument is a false dichotomy logical fallacy because a person can work both smart and hard at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive terms.

Your logic fails!
That logic has been correct for at least 6,000.years
As I have already pointed out to you, an ancient slogan is not necessarily based on logical reasoning.

Your all right about the women not lasting long but I love the new ones because I know they will work as hard and smart as the ones that left.

With guy operators it is like finding a diamond in the ruff
Are new guy truck drivers not as ambitious and proactive as new chic drivers?

If I owned my own trucking company, I would be more likely to hire a female driver fresh out of training as I would a man, because I see these drivers everyday, and I know most, female truck drivers with little experience pay much more attention to driving, and drive safer than men do out of school, on average.

I think that is because men think they can handle the job better than women do, and the women are more scared of the truck and what the truck can do, thus this makes them safer, slower and more attentive of what is going on in and around the truck.

As soon as a truck driver feels confident in their abilities and no longer fear their truck or what their truck can do, is when accidents happen, and mistakes are made.

When hauling 80 tons, you dam well better know what can happen if you screw up, there are things much worse than just dying, walking around for the next 40 years knowing your screw up killed a child, or woman, or a family, is a much worse fate than death.

If there was actual discrimination, you could sue. And the discrimination wouldn't exist. If you're not sueing, then there isn't discrimination but the media depicts it as though there was.

There is a LOT of actual discrimination, but let's be honest here, if you sue your employer, you're not going to be promoted or advanced. It is very counter-productive to your career to take your boss to court. And I say that as someone who works in the legal profession.

This notion that you can sue, for any reason, is neither sound nor reasonable. Litigation is expensive. You have to have a huge bankroll to be able to afford a lawsuit. And the larger the corporation, the more resources they have to fight you.

Most people are not working for the mental stimulation. They're working because they need both the job and the money. If you have a family who need your income, you're not going to jeopardize is to prove a point, so no, most people won't sue.

Work smart not hard
Those who are not idiots know that it's not an either/or proposition.

In other words, your attempted argument is a false dichotomy logical fallacy because a person can work both smart and hard at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive terms.Your logic fails!
That logic has been correct for at least 6,000.years
As I have already pointed out to you, an ancient slogan is not necessarily based on logical reasoning.
You on the rag or something? Your tampon leaking ? Because getting really tired of your non sense of muscle is better then smarts

Only a fucking loser would say that

Your all right about the women not lasting long but I love the new ones because I know they will work as hard and smart as the ones that left.

With guy operators it is like finding a diamond in the ruff
Are new guy truck drivers not as ambitious and proactive as new chic drivers?

If I owned my own trucking company, I would be more likely to hire a female driver fresh out of training as I would a man, because I see these drivers everyday, and I know most, female truck drivers with little experience pay much more attention to driving, and drive safer than men do out of school, on average.

I think that is because men think they can handle the job better than women do, and the women are more scared of the truck and what the truck can do, thus this makes them safer, slower and more attentive of what is going on in and around the truck.

As soon as a truck driver feels confident in their abilities and no longer fear their truck or what their truck can do, is when accidents happen, and mistakes are made.

When hauling 80 tons, you dam well better know what can happen if you screw up, there are things much worse than just dying, walking around for the next 40 years knowing your screw up killed a child, or woman, or a family, is a much worse fate than death.
I so agree ,I found out the same thing you did, young girls are so easy to train in a field , they listen to what us old guys have to say, what to do and not what to do, we know by experience

We dont want them to get hurt or worse killed

Young guys on the other hand do it their way, get.them selves hurt or killed, they think they no more then our wisdom.

I watch girls workers all the time now and I am always amazed btw how much.they care

I love it so much because I finally payed attention

They really care and try so.hard at.doing a good job

Equal pay for EQUAL WORK.....

If your experience makes you more valuable....then you get paid more..... but new women truck drivers should not be paid less than New men truck drivers with no experience....just because they are female.
Doesn't happen, why is it you leftist push a false narrative like it's fact? any company could be sued for that
I LIVED IT...so please stop with your bull crud.

You're full shit really, you always are. Why don't we ever hear your type speak out against the persuasion of women in muslim countries. All we get is trumped up bullshit about how bad it is for women here while you liberals push Obama and Clinton who pay women who work for them less. You're a pathetic little partisan hack nothing more

That's a meaningless phrase. What constitutes equal work? And what if the person doesn't want/need equal pay? A secondary earner in a 2 income family will not need and would be satisfied at a lower pay rate than a main earner. So why would it make sense to pay a person willing to take less "equal pay"?

If a particular job in your company gets around $40,000/year, and you have an applicant who asks for $30,000, it would be stupid to offer them more. If s/he is happy with $30k, give him/her $30k. That is, by definition, fair, since it's what is asked for. To pay more on some vague principle of abstract fairness is ridiculous and patronizing.
I disagree.....no woman in her right mind would say, I know the job pays 40k but please pay me just 30k....I'll be happy with 10k less.....

Maybe at the CEO level she may be willing to do the job for 50 million vs 60 million for the male version......but I even doubt that Pinqy...

I contend that NO ONE is HAPPY being paid much less for the exact same work!!!

Like I said, it depends on what someone wants out of their job. Perhaps the woman working for 30k wants to be home on weekends, and has that, in her job deal, where as the man works every weekend.

All I am saying, is that the numbers are skewed. Because every situation is different.
but again THAT is not an example of equal pay for equal work, if a deal is worked where she does not have to work weekends or whatever, vs the counterpart worker having to do more and being paid more for doing more.

Is there such a thing as equal work?

Can people actually do equal work?

If a man gets to work and clocks in 645(supposedly to be there at 7) and clocks out at 315(with an out time of 3) and another man clocks in at 705 and out at 255, both men doing the same job, there is a 20 minute a day difference in their paychecks.

Now it might be that the man working shorter time, is acutally producing more than the man staying longer, but the man staying longer is making more money, for doing the same job.

Like I have said, every situation is different, and no job can be done identically by anyone other than computers and robots.
Well, I am not the type to sue, just gave me incentive to work harder...

And my story is JUST THE OPPOSITE, where I was the one on salary working 50 hours a week, and I was the one who had a 27% increase over the previous year, where a man was the Manager of the Business, who worked only 40 hours a week, and left the second 5 pm came around, and I was the one who made the company more profit than the male manager before me, and I was the one who had a perfect Inventory with NO shortages, while the male manager before me had a 2% loss, and I was paid several thousand dollars less than him.... this happened 3 times in a row, with this company...they promoted me to larger stores and larger stores as a manager, replacing their male managers, doing one hell of a job BETTER than the previous managers EVER could, and was paid less than them each and every time....but I bit my tongue and just worked harder.... I wanted to be a Buyer, there were no female buyers for this corporation that I worked for, but I wanted to be one, so help me God, I wanted it so badly...I told everyone at the corporate head quarters, heck, I even told the truck driver who delivered my department's goods...I told the president o the Company and anyone that would listen, that I wanted to be a Buyer.... And I busted my butt, year after year, giving them increases in sales and in profit, till finally the positioned opened...a male buyer was going to work or our sister company in Texas.... I interviewed with the vice president and he turned me down for the job...thought I was too young or "just a 24 yr old female, what did I know?" ( IS WHAT HE ACTUALLY used to say to me every day on the job....)

Well I went to the President, over this vp that was hiring's head, and told the President that I wanted this job...that I KNEW I could do it and be good at it.....

AND THANK GOD, the president had only two daughters and no sons and showed some compassion or could empathize and went and spoke to the vp and TOLD the vp, to HIRE me for the Buyer's job....and told the VP that "Anyone that wants a job as much as I wanted the job, deserves the chance"...

And they DID hire me, at 20% less than they paid the previous male (green) Buyer....and I was the Best Buyer they ever had...

I still stuck it out...not because I was Happy being paid less, but because I was grateful for the opportunity that all females before me, never had....

It was almost 10 years later, when it finally paid off...when the VP Merchandiser left the Company to go work for someone else, he recommended to the President of the Company, that I take his place...he didn't recommend any of the male buyers for the position....but me. SO FINALLY I was making more than them....

I think things have changed since way back when, and it is not as difficult as it was in my heyday... but I do believe these things may still be happening to a degree...

I don't know if I would have been better off not going through those struggles, it gave determination I had no idea I even had....it strengthened me, that I know.

I dont know how many years ago this was, but if you didn't like it, you should go to another company. People probably got tired of you whining and complaining all the time this is 2015 there is a women running GM now

but I bit my tongue and just worked harder....

That was your mistake, right there.

People need to learn to advocate for themselves, to bring their accomplishments to the table, and to demonstrate their raw value for better wages. If you're doing a much better job than other people, but are being paid less, the worst thing you can do is bite your tongue and just work harder. You're setting yourself up to be walked all over. It's not your bosses responsibility to pay you more than what you've agreed to work for.

It seems to me that you need to learn how to demonstrate your value. That doesn't mean you work hard and hope someone notices your suffering and then takes pity on you. It means that you can clearly and intelligently articulate why you are more valuable than what you have been offered (if receiving a job offer) or why you are more valuable than what you are currently making (if asking for a raise/going through an evaluation). In your case, it sounds like you're working in retail or sales of some kind, which is the perfect area to be able to do just that. You have the benefit of being able to provide hard, cold numbers to demonstrate your value. If you can show your boss that your efforts have yielded $100,000 in additional revenue and/or reduced shrink, it makes a very convincing case when you tell the boss that you feel you're worth an additional $5,000-$10,000 a year.

People also need to learn to recognize when their jobs don't actually deserve them. It's a fact of life that some companies don't deserve the hard work they're receiving from some of their employees. If your company isn't willing to render fair value for your skills and experience, then you take those previously mentioned hard numbers and turn them into a resume, and create a better offer for yourself with another company.

That's clever ,I am going to have to remember that one, I normaly low ball myself because I want to get out of my last company so bad. I always feel in the 90 day probation period most companys have ,I walk the walk and blow them away with what I know and how hard I work, then instead of getting a 3 or 4 dollar raise when hired on , I get a $ 10 or $12 dollar plus raise :)

If that's worked well for you then kudos, but generally speaking it's probably ill advised in the modern day labor market and you could be shooting yourself in the foot. Regardless of your desire to leave your current employer, the fact of the matter is that any job offer you receive should always be based on the work you would be doing for your new company and the value you offer. If you get to the point where you are offered a job, the fact of the matter is that you've been selected. They like you, they want you. You've convinced them, now it's up to them to convince you to join their team. In this day an age 90 day raises are nearly extinct, and any future raise is almost certainly going to be a percentage of your current base pay. Even if you manage to convince your employer to break away from a percentage increase, you're still likely to be costing yourself money in the long run because you'll probably just be bringing yourself up to the par for what you could have talked them into from the very beginning.

Basically, you can work for (X - 10) from the day one and get a raise to X, or you can work for X from day one, and get X*1.5 come eval time.

If your experience makes you more valuable....then you get paid more..... but new women truck drivers should not be paid less than New men truck drivers with no experience....just because they are female.
Doesn't happen, why is it you leftist push a false narrative like it's fact? any company could be sued for that

The point is that it DOES happen. Perhaps not in your industry but in many industries. And it happens so much, that legislation and law suits are needed to fight the practice.

The point is that it DOES happen. Perhaps not in your industry but in many industries. And it happens so much, that legislation and law suits are needed to fight the practice.
No it doesnt. Are there isolated cases? Maybe. But that doesnt equate to a widespread practice. If it were true, no man would ever be hired.

What exactly happens? Employers discriminate against women by paying them less? No, that does not happen to any significant degree.

Are you talking about women getting paid less, in general? Why yes, that does happen to a noteworthy degree. But not for the reasons you want to claim.

If Corporations are so greedy and mean and evil and Capitalist...... As your communist masters would have you believe...

And if women consistently get paid 20% less than men.... As your communist masters would have you believe....

Then why don't these E-VUL Corporations hire women exclusively?

There's nothing to debate.

Equal pay for equal work, across the board, for everyone.
Yes but they feel better when they try to pretend that men somehow deserve to be paid more.
Who is pretending that men deserve more? No one.
Another faux post from the site's biggest faux poster.

strawman-full.jpg

It's one of the biggest lies Democrats tell, that women make ..73 cents for every dollar men make. If that were actually true, why would any greedy eevil corporation ever hire a man?

Bingo, liberals don't understand supply and demand, which is the first topic in the first economic course. It explains their lack of comprehension of the entire subject

Forum List

Back