The equal pay for women debate is Washington BS!

An MBA is merely a qualifier in the study in order to establish a common baseline between a group of men and women, along with other criteria such as by industry so that the study can compare apples with apples as best as possible. The unsubstantiated suggestion plucked from marty's ass that men in that category have more work experience need not be disproven since he failed to prove it to begin with. While I'm all ears to anyone with actual rebuttal based on verifiable data, I shrug off made up self-analyzed objections by those who are simply not satisfied with the study's findings. I see no evidence that men in that sample group possess any more work experience than women, especially since women in that age range (25-34) have a lower unemployment rate over the last decade or so than men.

Just the possibility of disparate work experience and backgrounds, and actual jobs makes it a poor comparison. Men in the catagory having more work experience is only ONE of the variables that makes the use of it as a gateway useless.

Engineers can get MBA's, Accountants can get MBA's, Marketing Majors can MBA's, even people with communication degrees and enough work experience.

The very underpinning of the study is flawed, and thus any further analysis is unnecessary due to this.

The only ass plucking going on is you trying to find a rational thought somewhere crammed up your rectum.
You idiotically assume acquiring an MBA was the sole category for that study. It wasn't. Respondents were further categorized by the type of company they were working for as well as sub-sectors of finance in financial services.

Whereas my "ass-plucking" produced a Bloomberg study, yours produced nothing but air. Essentially, you farted. :eek:

I notice you aren't mentioning experience in that list.
I don't have to ... the study addresses that. What a pity you're too mentally lazy to keep up, huh?

What about this part?

The growing pay disparity may be partly explained by shifts in the career choices women MBAs are making today, compared to those they made a decade ago, according to a Bloomberg Businessweek analysis of 114 MBA programs surveyed in 2012 and 88 in 2002. One such shift involves finance jobs. Fewer MBA graduates of either gender are pursuing finance careers this year, when pay cuts and headcount reductions have made Wall Street jobs less attractive to some. But women have fled finance in substantially larger numbers, driving down average female salaries.

At Elite B-Schools the Gender Wage Gap Grows - Businessweek
What about it? The article states that may be part of the reason for the discrepancy. So what? No one is arguing that gender bias is 100% responsible for the disparity.

An MBA is merely a qualifier in the study in order to establish a common baseline between a group of men and women, along with other criteria such as by industry so that the study can compare apples with apples as best as possible.

But it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. It's more like "this has nutmeg, that has nutmeg, so let's compare this apple pie to that eggnog."

I see no evidence that men in that sample group possess any more work experience than women, especially since women in that age range (25-34) have a lower unemployment rate over the last decade or so than men.

You see no evidence that there is discrepant experience. Cool. The real problem is that the methodology still allows it and you'd be none the wiser. The very most your study can imply is that there is a correlation. But correlation does not imply causation.

Here's a question that was not asked: Did they try to negotiate? There are studies that demonstrate a strong positive correlation with negotiating behavior and income. People who attempt to negotiate make more money than those who do not try. But your study didn't establish negotiating behavior as a "common baseline," so your apples-to-apples comparison doesn't hold up.

Just the possibility of disparate work experience and backgrounds, and actual jobs makes it a poor comparison. Men in the catagory having more work experience is only ONE of the variables that makes the use of it as a gateway useless.

Engineers can get MBA's, Accountants can get MBA's, Marketing Majors can MBA's, even people with communication degrees and enough work experience.

The very underpinning of the study is flawed, and thus any further analysis is unnecessary due to this.

The only ass plucking going on is you trying to find a rational thought somewhere crammed up your rectum.
You idiotically assume acquiring an MBA was the sole category for that study. It wasn't. Respondents were further categorized by the type of company they were working for as well as sub-sectors of finance in financial services.

Whereas my "ass-plucking" produced a Bloomberg study, yours produced nothing but air. Essentially, you farted. :eek:

I notice you aren't mentioning experience in that list.
I don't have to ... the study addresses that. What a pity you're too mentally lazy to keep up, huh?

What about this part?

The growing pay disparity may be partly explained by shifts in the career choices women MBAs are making today, compared to those they made a decade ago, according to a Bloomberg Businessweek analysis of 114 MBA programs surveyed in 2012 and 88 in 2002. One such shift involves finance jobs. Fewer MBA graduates of either gender are pursuing finance careers this year, when pay cuts and headcount reductions have made Wall Street jobs less attractive to some. But women have fled finance in substantially larger numbers, driving down average female salaries.

At Elite B-Schools the Gender Wage Gap Grows - Businessweek
What about it? The article states that may be part of the reason for the discrepancy. So what? No one is arguing that gender bias is 100% responsible for the disparity.

If that is the reason (and the gap averages around 5 fucking cents on the dollar, why is this such an issue, so that it requires massive government intervention to "fix"

The only reason government would have to get involved is if bias was the major contributing factor. But first that has to be proven beyond the bullshit, half assed studies that have been used as reference so far.

Forum List

Back