The Case For Mass Demonic Possession

Why is it that none of you people who cry demons don't ever try to educate yourselves on human behavior.

Granted human psychology, behavior and group dynamics combined with sociology presents a myriad of very complex constellations of factors that can result in a dizzying number of outcomes, but we should endeavor to understand these things rather than resorting to mysticism.
The spirit of things have been discuss and known about for thousands of years. Just because you do not believe in it nor have knowledge of it does not make it untrue or mysticism. Some have seen spiritual manifestations in people; and if you take the time to people watch you may even see the results of how one spirit can infect or manifest in people.

Akin to sitting at a dinner table and starting a conversation that starts out calm enough but as soon as one loses their temper that can spread throughout the conversation that started peaceably but turns into a verbal or even possibly a physical brawl.

People losing their tempers and affecting others has nothing to do with demonic possession and everything to do with psychology, group dynamics and the fight or flight response.

Do you really think that people would act any different if your god snapped his fingers and made all these demons disappear?

Since he is supposed to be all powerful he could do it right?

And then everyone would be all chill and cool and friendly all the time right?
Since he is supposed to be all powerful he could do it right?

The power of the Spirit is in/with those whom believe (a kingdom within). Yet does a child learn all at once or does it grow whether in Spirit or in flesh?

Eternal children of God have a space and time to grow just like a flesh being has a period of time to grow and learn. To each it is given in their own time.
OK that's a nonanswer
No, it just wasn't what you wanted to hear.

No it wasn't an answer to any question I asked.

And then of course you didn't bother to quote my entire post either.
It was an answer to your question.

God the father is the ultimate parent and human flesh is merely a vessel for the child of God to grow in. Unless of course you are asleep in the dust of the earth (that is unaware of the Spirit within). Child birth and childhood aren't always a picnic and growing pains in the spirit are simply strife and tribulation. A pouty brat doesn't always get their own way in the flesh or the spirit; thus everybody doesn't no how to 'chill' yet.

And I did read your whole post and question. It is not my fault nor is it up to me to force you to understand what you do not understand nor have awareness of.
What does that have to do with you claiming that demonic possession is the cause of people getting angry at the dinner table?
You are the one that formed the question you directed to me.

Spiritually essences are primary regulators that are in the world and the flesh is subject to spiritual things as we are made of both flesh and spirit.

Is a smile or laughter contagious?

There is no spirit body duality. The mind is a product of the brain the brain is part of the body. There aren't spirits floating around that make you angry or happy or sad.

And no smiles and laughter are not contagious.
I did not say there were "spirits floating". Each and every human is made up of body, soul and spirit regardless of whether they are aware of that or not. A spiritual being can be infected just like the flesh can be infected. As spiritual being made in the image of God we were also given the ability to create; and whether you like it or not smiles and laughter and a gentle spirit can be as contagious as fearmongering and hate.

How does a spirit "infect" people as you say then? It has to get from one person to another somehow right?

And emotions are not contagious. A person can control his emotions.

And what you call spirit is nothing but a product of the mind and the mind is a product of the brain and the brain is the body.
All have a breath of life from the same spirit but not all subject themselves to all of those things that are of the earthly realm.

That is merely your opinion that a person can control their emotions. I will assure you that is not the case even if you believe it is.

Can you control a tearful reunion or tearful mourning? Have you ever made a mistake about something even though it was something you already knew or have knowledge of? The energy within the brain keeps these things by design yet it is still the spirit that is the regulator. Perhaps one day you will be shown this in a manner which you can understand and perhaps not as you cannot gain something you cannot believe in or are unprepared for.

A person can learn to control his body to the point that he can lower his heart rate, raise his body temperature, block pain receptors and many other functions of the autonomous nervous system.

Yes you can control your emotions.

Marcus Aurelius said that we cannot control the events of the world but we can control how we choose to react to them. No one is at the mercy of their emotions as you seem to think they are.

You can choose to respond to any event with anger, fear, sorrow etc. Your happiness is not an agent controlled by anything but your own mind.
Like I said you may think you can. It is in your own mind that you do not know that a spiritual being is a portion of you. You are free to believe that until it changes as it will at some point whether again you believe it or not. You probably think you can control your dreams too... :)
You can to an extent control your dreams

But comparing dreams to emotions is a poor example at best because you are conscious not asleep when you are reacting to the goings on of the world on a daily basis.

But if you think you are completely at the mercy of your emotions and that you have no control of your own behavior I can see why you have to believe in spirits and demons that can control you because then you can claim no responsibility for your behavior.
At no time did I say you are completely at the mercy of your emotions. Now you are just making up stuff.

You are responsible your acts and actions and at no time did I say you were not.

But if you're angry that's an emotion and you said yourself you cannot control your emotions.

If you ever do anything in anger by your reasoning it is completely out of your control because you have no control over your emotions.
Which type of anger? Certain types of anger is fully emotional and one cannot control that emotion if they are not completed, believe in lies, error of thought or such things of that nature that they have subjected themselves to opens the door for all sorts of things.

Can a child control its emotions or do they have temper tantrums?

If I smack the goat for butting me with his horns is that out of anger or is it to teach him I can butt him back? Your suggestion is that those people burning looting and rioting are capable of reasonable processes when in fact they are not; they are broken.

So you are telling me you are no more mature than a child?

You obviously have a very low opinion of people and what they are capable of.

You seem to think that because some people don't control themselves that they are incapable of doing so.

I can lower my heartbeat by about 10 beats per minute while meditating why is that any different from controlling my emotional response to anything that happens in the world?
Again you make up accusatory assumptions. Is that all you have?

I do have a very low opinion of those who riot, maim, lie, cheat, etc... in order to damage others. Don't you? Or do you think people who gather in mass trying to force others into submission through such acts as in the OP should be highly esteem?

Do you always control your temper? Do you control all of your emotions?

You're the one who brought children into the discussion not me.

We are talking about the ability for one to control his emotions not the fact than some do not. And just because some people do not control their emotions in no way means they are incapable of it. By saying people are incapable of controlling themselves gives them an excuse for their bad behavior.

And yes I do always control my temper. I do not act in anger. When I was in my teens I was the very definition of an angry young man and I thought it was justified and that I was entitled to my anger because I got dealt a real shitty hand being orphaned and put in foster care when i was 14. I was constantly getting into fights and other trouble.

I was letting my emotions control me. Then I met a man who I credit for saving my life. He showed me by example how to not be controlled by my emotions and to make deliberate choices not rash ones. I became friends with a Buddhist who taught me how to meditate and be at peace with myself and the world. I studied the Stoics and to this day i read Marcus Aurelius's meditations regularly.

So I do not believe people cannot control their emotions and in turn control their reactions to the events that happen in the world because if I as a teenager could learn that anyone can.
I brought children into the discussion to describe to you how the spiritual being is in a pattern of growth just like the flesh being does from the time of being born forward.

As a believer in Buddhism you are taught to examine yourself with a belief that you can control your inner self. I contend you cannot as I have seen it in practice but that is not what you desire or wish to accept. I have seen the spiritual manifestations of demons and with one case in particular that comes to mind the poor guy who was possessed knew it not. You haven't apparently seen that and I have no issue with you I merely tried to answer a question you asked.
Self control has nothing to do with spirits or demons or any other supernatural entities.

And there is absolutely no scientific evidence that there are demons capable of possessing people and forcing them to act against their wills.

None.

Belief makes things manifest. You believe you and every other person on the planet are utterly incapable of controlling your emotions. Therefore you will be at the mercy of your emotions. But I'll tell you that you already control your emotions. Everyone does to some extent and that extent can be expanded by anyone.

And I know I can control my reactions to the world and the happenings in it. If fact your reaction to any situation is the only thing you can control.

And you tell me I am incapable of controlling my emotions and I know I am because I used to be unable to control my emotions and now I know they don't control me anymore.
Only in your opinion because you do not know any different.
you do know I can say the same thing about you don't you?.
You could but haven't you basically already done that?

Forum List

Back