The answer is easy: Armed guards at schools

The answer is to address the proliferation of mental health issues across the United States -- including those who identify as transgender. When one looks at the trends across mass shootings (including schools), you see patterns:
  • Mental health or illness issues
  • Some sort of social isolation
  • Prescribed psychotic drugs
  • Some perceived grievance

Guns have not changed much in the last 100+ years .. and society has. Why do politicians and activists continue to target an outcome of an underlying problem?

I keep going back to this in my own head as I try to make sense of all this. We live in a society that lends creditability if not outright currency to the idea of endless victimhood - and victims are not possible without oppressors. Your station in life is the FAULT of someone else! That's the mentality that needs to be changed, you are where you are in life because of the choices YOU'VE made and you need to own them. This killer apparently left behind a manifesto, meaning this person felt aggrieved by someone, which I somewhat understand. We spend entirely too much time talking AT each other and not TO each other, including on this very board. Regarding this trans behavior, I think most people, including those on the right, would have no issues with this behavior being perpetrated within the confines of one's own home, or even in an environment with like-minded individuals. That trans people exist is less the concern versus this strange desire to want to introduce young children to this behavior. Imagine how people would react if brought 6 female strippers to perform their acts to grade-school children - there would be completely justifiable outrage - and that is how the right frames this issue. We don't HATE TRANS PEOPLE as is so often the standard rebuke, we simply don't want it shared with children. If you see that limited parameter as being an aggrieved party then there are almost certainly even bigger issues you need to address.

You dont have that ability

Sure we do. Pass sensible laws, have real background checks and most importantly, give people the right to sue gun sellers when they sell to the wrong person.

That's how you keep guns out of the hands of the crazies.

And if you could you better take the car keys away from them too
If that was happening a lot, maybe.

You wouldn't last a day, you self-centered coward. Even in the safest school, you couldn't keep up.

Well, um, why would I want to? I can make better money doing what I am doing now AND I don't have to deal with someone else's problems.

What about in 1948 when Truman ran for reelection?
Well, then he was the incumbent, and his nomination was assured.
Of course, when he tried to run again in 1952, the primary voters rejected him.

Sure we do. Pass sensible laws, have real background checks and most importantly, give people the right to sue gun sellers when they sell to the wrong person.

Well, um, why would I want to? I can make better money doing what I am doing now AND I don't have to deal with someone else's problems.

Even if your plan worked - which it wont - the crazies would find another way to kill

I keep going back to this in my own head as I try to make sense of all this. We live in a society that lends creditability if not outright currency to the idea of endless victimhood - and victims are not possible without oppressors. Your station in life is the FAULT of someone else! That's the mentality that needs to be changed, you are where you are in life because of the choices YOU'VE made and you need to own them. This killer apparently left behind a manifesto, meaning this person felt aggrieved by someone, which I somewhat understand. We spend entirely too much time talking AT each other and not TO each other, including on this very board. Regarding this trans behavior, I think most people, including those on the right, would have no issues with this behavior being perpetrated within the confines of one's own home, or even in an environment with like-minded individuals. That trans people exist is less the concern versus this strange desire to want to introduce young children to this behavior. Imagine how people would react if brought 6 female strippers to perform their acts to grade-school children - there would be completely justifiable outrage - and that is how the right frames this issue. We don't HATE TRANS PEOPLE as is so often the standard rebuke, we simply don't want it shared with children. If you see that limited parameter as being an aggrieved party then there are almost certainly even bigger issues you need to address.
I would say a majority of people have limited insights into the full spectrum of transgenderism. Why limit it to adolescent children? Think of the following:
  • Males dominating females in athletics and taking away opportunities such as scholarships, awards, recognition, sponsorships and olympic opportunities.
  • Males cohabiting female locker rooms, showers and bathroom.
  • Growing demand for all to accept how they internally feel / their fantasy.
  • The simple fact that one sex cannot become some other sex.

Sure we do. Pass sensible laws,
Who decides what is "sensible," when by definition, that is totally arbitrary. Don't we already have 10,000 sensible laws? Can you point out any not-sensible gun laws?

have real background checks
They already do, besides, it is long-proven that these checks don't matter because unless you want to crawl up someone's ass and deny them based on a bad haircut, not only do these checks not forecast most any of the future killers, but would only effectively deny guns to a great many people who had every right to them.

and most importantly, give people the right to sue gun sellers when they sell to the wrong person.
That is extra-stupid. Gun sellers have no ability to know what anyone might do in the future any more than it would make sense suing auto makers for selling cars to people who later get drunk and have a wreck.

Sure. Let's start with you.

This doesn't address the "crazies .." just more liberal fantasy land approaches.

totally agree

And I sometimes think all teachers should be equipped and trained to be prepared for these lowlifes. In other words, they should be armed.

(I wonder why shooters never go to abortion "clinics"?)

probably because they are all pro-death, obviously, which means they are or lean dim
Don’t force teachers to be armed, but likely there are teachers willing to volunteer who are already trained or willing to be trained. Not everyone is a leftist

They dont have the sociel problems we have
And do you ever ask yourself why without an answer that doesn't come off as totally racist? No, wait, you probably don't.

That's because the people there have no freedom.
And you think you do? HA!

Who decides what is "sensible," when by definition, that is totally arbitrary. Don't we already have 10,000 sensible laws? Can you point out any not-sensible gun laws?
A simple majority would do. The real problem is, most Americans think our gun laws should be tighter.

They already do, besides, it is long-proven that these checks don't matter because unless you want to crawl up someone's ass and deny them based on a bad haircut, not only do these checks not forecast most any of the future killers, but would only effectively deny guns to a great many people who had every right to them.
The checks don't matter because they aren't checks.

For instance, when I applied for a home loan in 2021, the bank (where I had been doing business for 20 years) they insisted on looking into every aspect of my financial life. This is because in 2008, the market crashed because they hadn't been looking into it. So I had to provide records on every credit card, every past account, etc.

When I applied for a FOID card. $11.00 and pinky swear you aren't a crazy person.

That is extra-stupid. Gun sellers have no ability to know what anyone might do in the future any more than it would make sense suing auto makers for selling cars to people who later get drunk and have a wreck.

Except cars aren't designed to kill people, guns are. And if a guy comes into your store dressed like the Joker, and you sell him an AR-15 with a 100 round drum magazine, shame on you.

A simple majority would do.
Why? The MAJORITY of people are idiots with an average IQ of only 85-95 or less.

The checks don't matter because they aren't checks.
The checks don't matter because they only help if the person already has an established HISTORY of violence and crime, and if you are someone like HUNTER BIDEN, even THAT isn't enough!

For instance, when I applied for a home loan in 2021, the bank (where I had been doing business for 20 years) they insisted on looking into every aspect of my financial life. This is because in 2008, the market crashed because they hadn't been looking into it.
No, the markets crashed in 2008 because of stupid democrats and greedy banks.

Except cars aren't designed to kill people, guns are.
Cars aren't USED to kill people (normally). Guns are designed to accurately fire a projectile. I can kill more people with a car if I want than with a gun.

And if a guy comes into your store dressed like the Joker, and you sell him an AR-15 with a 100 round drum magazine, shame on you.
Name me a gun store who has?

... I can make better money doing what I am doing now AND I don't have to deal with someone else's problems.

Wow, shallow, materialistic, lazy, and self-centered. A model democrat. Now sit on your ass and demand reveyone else pay more in taxes so you can help people you look down on and you'll have the whole picture.

What a typical disgraceful excuse for a human being.

Forum List

Back