The answer is easy: Armed guards at schools

The White House: defended with military
Congress: armed guards
Banks: armed guards
Police Station: armed officers
Etc…Schools: unguarded, allow shooters to roam school for 15 minutes murdering passive poorly hid children until police arrive Arm the schools

I never had any armed guards at any school I went to. How hard can it be to simply keep guns out by screening kids as they come in?

Here's the problem with cops in schools.

Most people don't become cops to babysit high schoolers or middle schoolers.

They become cops to get the bad guys.

So what happens is that when a PD is told to send someone to the local school, they aren't going to send their best guy. They'll send the underperformer who is nearing retirement,

Which is why you never hear about the School Resource Officer engaging the mass shooter, but you do hear about the one who beat the snot out of a kid for texting in class.

When was America "mostly conservative", exactly?

It should point out we had a HIGHER murder rate in this country in the good old days of the 1920s.

Then we passed sensible gun laws like the Firearms Act of 1934.

Only to his family... Get real, if we loved our kids, we'd have sensible gun laws.

But we love our guns more.
The 1920’s was the Roaring 20’s of Al Capone and Prohibition

But a more normal time was the 1950s with strong conservative family values

Very hard.

Seems simple enough to me. Fence off the property so that anyone entering the grounds goes through a metal detector upon entering. That way, by the time you even get to the building, you are clean. Then after school starts, lock all doors so that even an attacker can't just walk in with a rifle et al.

I went to a high school where we could have brought ANYTHING in. Yet no one ever brought a gun much less committed violence.

What has changed is the kids, and the kids have changed in response to a fucked up world run by crazy progs.

Most people don't become cops to babysit high schoolers or middle schoolers.
You mean protect some sleazy political hack the mayor or his honor the judge

Remove the cops from city hall and let the judges take their chances right along with the 6-year olds in school

The 1920’s was the Roaring 20’s of Al Capone and Prohibition

But a more normal time was the 1950s with strong conservative family values

Actually, people in the 1950's were pretty liberal.

They had just reaped the benefits of 20 years of New Deal liberal policies and life was pretty good (if you were white, anyway). Even Eisenhower, the sole GOP president of that era, sensibly realized that there was no going back on the New Deal, Isolationism, or social programs.

You mean protect some sleazy political hack the mayor or his honor the judge

Remove the cops from city hall and let the judges take their chances right along with the 6-year olds in school

I'd be all for that. IN fact, let's remove it from Congress and the President, while we are at it.

And imagine how fast they say, "Oh, yeah, the Second Amendment really WAS about militias."

Actually, people in the 1950's were pretty liberal.

They had just reaped the benefits of 20 years of New Deal liberal policies and life was pretty good (if you were white, anyway). Even Eisenhower, the sole GOP president of that era, sensibly realized that there was no going back on the New Deal, Isolationism, or social programs.
They were far less liberal than today

Truman or JFK could not have won a primary today

And maybe not Ike either

I'd be all for that. IN fact, let's remove it from Congress and the President, while we are at it.

And imagine how fast they say, "Oh, yeah, the Second Amendment really WAS about militias."
I would not go thst far since public schools are a local issue

My point is I prefer to lose a mayor more than a 6-year old child

They better hustle....they have a LONG way to go to catch up with MURICA!

They already beat us.....in 6 years, the European governments murdered 15 million innocent men, women and children........

Gun murder in the entire 246 year history of the United States?

About 2,460,000

So we have a long way to go before we ever catch those numbers...

They were far less liberal than today

Truman or JFK could not have won a primary today

And maybe not Ike either

Oh, I doubt any of these guys could win a primary today, because back in those days they really picked their candidates at the convention, not in primaries.

Should point out Truman didn't "win" a primary, he was selected at a convention and got the job when FDR died, because the Democratic Faithful didn't want to renominated Henry Wallace as Veep.

On economic issues, they were far more liberal than even today's democrats. On social issues, um, yeah, maybe more conservative.. but even Republicans claim they don't want to go back to the days of black people riding on the back of the bus, women barefoot and pregnant and gays in the closet.

I would not go thst far since public schools are a local issue

My point is I prefer to lose a mayor more than a 6-year old child

I would like to not lose either, but you all have decided that crazy people have a god given right to have a gun, so here we are... protecting people with limited assets, and setting priorities.

Oh, I don't agree with everything the Democrats propose... but that's not the point here is it?

Columbine... Sandy Hook... Stoneman...Uvalde... Oxford... Covenant ... We have had a whole history of school shootings... and nothing changes, because we love our guns more than we love our children.

you see, I have no desire to own a gun, but I'd have no problem with having a very thorough background check before I got one. Because it ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE.

Hiring rent-a-cops to protect our schools hoping they'll know how to de-escalate a situation or be willing to throw themselves in front of your kid is a bit silly.

Nothing changes because you democrats want and need school shootings.......school shootings give you Christmas day.....you get to pull out your gun control wish lists and each dead child is a present under your gun control tree....

If we secured the schools your number one tool for gun control would end......so you are not going to save children..

I kid you not:

"However, some advocates contended that no amount of school resource officers is good for schools."

"Zakiya Sankara-Jabar, the executive director of Racial Justice Now, a grassroots organization focused on dismantling structural racism in education, said that Washington’s bill does not go far enough in discouraging police presence in public schools.

Black students make up more than half of the arrests on school grounds in Maryland, Sankara-Jabar said. A bill that leaves school resource officers in schools will continue to disproportionately impact Black students, she continued."

Yep..............they want dead kids........dead kids give them power to push gun control.

You’ll find a dozen conservatives armed to the teeth outside Drag Queen story hour but you won’t find any outside an elementary school.

You’ll find a dozen conservatives armed to the teeth outside Drag Queen story hour but you won’t find any outside an elementary school.

Because asshats like you made them gun free zones.....you dumb ass.........

You idiots create the gun free zone so that parents can't keep their legal guns with them when they are on school property........

These shooters target gun free zones........gun free zones you create, you idiot.

Forum List

Back