Thank God For The Irish!

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Thank God for the Irish!

A Greek and an Irishman were sitting in Starbucks one day comparing their two cultures. Over a double Latte, the Greek mentions,

“We built the Parthenon you may recall, along with the Temple of Apollo”.
“Aye, and it was the Irish that discovered the Summer and Winter solstices”.

“But it was the Greeks who gave birth to mathematics.”
“Granted, but it was the Irish ☘️ who built the first timepieces.”

Knowing that he’s about to deliver the coup de grace, the son of Athens points out with a note finality:

“Keep in mind that it was the ancient Greeks who invented the notion of sex as a pleasurable activity!”
“Aye! True enough, but it was the Irish who got women involved.”

“But it was the Greeks who gave birth to mathematics.” untrue the Greeks added to mathematics.

The earliest evidence of written mathematics dates back to the ancient Sumerians, who built the earliest civilization in Mesopotamia. They developed a complex system of metrology from 3000 BC.

“But it was the Greeks who gave birth to mathematics.” untrue the Greeks added to mathematics.

The earliest evidence of written mathematics dates back to the ancient Sumerians, who built the earliest civilization in Mesopotamia. They developed a complex system of metrology from 3000 BC.

I don't recall an ancient Sumerian walking into the Starbucks

I never saw Alexander the Great at Starbucks either, but then again I never go into a Starbucks since there are none where I live.

Everyone knows when you tell a joke its just a bunch of bullshit meant to be funny, intended to be simplistic. It's not intended to be a history or moral lesson and everyone.... just about everyone gets that except for the ever vigilant political correct or woke who must think that the "joke" is really an attempt at disinformation. I dont think any actual greeks or Irish are going to be felt put down by some silly joke like that. Or sheep for that matter.

1630436599025.gif

Forum List

Back