Zone1 The very beginning of God living in a building (Church) found in 2 Samuel 7

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
king said to the prophet Nathan, “See now, I am living in a house of cedar, but the ark of God stays in a tent.” 3Nathan said to [King David], “Go, do all that you have in mind; for the Lord is with you.”

4But that same night the word of the Lord came to Nathan: 5Go and tell my servant David: Thus says the Lord: Are you the one to build me a house to live in? 6I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up the people of Israel from Egypt to this day, but I have been moving about in a tent and a tabernacle. 7Wherever I have moved about among all the people of Israel, did I ever speak a word with any of the tribal leaders[a] of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, saying, “Why have you not built me a house of cedar?” 8Now therefore thus you shall say to my servant David: Thus says the Lord of hosts: I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep to be prince over my people Israel; 9and I have been with you wherever you went, and have cut off all your enemies from before you; and I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. 10And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and will plant them, so that they may live in their own place, and be disturbed no more; and evildoers shall afflict them no more, as formerly, 11from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel; and I will give you rest from all your enemies. Moreover the Lord declares to you that the Lord will make you a house. 12When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come forth from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. When he commits iniquity, I will punish him with a rod such as mortals use, with blows inflicted by human beings. 15But I will not take[b] my steadfast love from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. 16Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me;[c] your throne shall be established forever. 17In accordance with all these words and with all this vision, Nathan spoke to David.

comments

So basically, God said He didn't need a building to live in-- although He had been visiting His people through the Ark of the Covenant for many years (which was placed in a tent).

But then he tells David that such a house for Him would be built just the same, under David's son, Solomon.

And so this is the beginning of Jesus living tangibly in His Church on Earth... aka the Real Presence

Last edited:
king said to the prophet Nathan, “See now, I am living in a house of cedar, but the ark of God stays in a tent.” 3Nathan said to [King David], “Go, do all that you have in mind; for the Lord is with you.”

4But that same night the word of the Lord came to Nathan: 5Go and tell my servant David: Thus says the Lord: Are you the one to build me a house to live in? 6I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up the people of Israel from Egypt to this day, but I have been moving about in a tent and a tabernacle. 7Wherever I have moved about among all the people of Israel, did I ever speak a word with any of the tribal leaders[a] of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, saying, “Why have you not built me a house of cedar?” 8Now therefore thus you shall say to my servant David: Thus says the Lord of hosts: I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep to be prince over my people Israel; 9and I have been with you wherever you went, and have cut off all your enemies from before you; and I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. 10And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and will plant them, so that they may live in their own place, and be disturbed no more; and evildoers shall afflict them no more, as formerly, 11from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel; and I will give you rest from all your enemies. Moreover the Lord declares to you that the Lord will make you a house. 12When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come forth from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. When he commits iniquity, I will punish him with a rod such as mortals use, with blows inflicted by human beings. 15But I will not take[b] my steadfast love from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. 16Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me;[c] your throne shall be established forever. 17In accordance with all these words and with all this vision, Nathan spoke to David.

comments

So basically, God said He didn't need a building to live in-- although He had been visiting His people through the Ark of the Covenant for many years (which was placed in a tent).

But then he tells David that such a house for Him would be built just the same, under David's son, Solomon.

And so this is the beginning of Jesus living tangibly in His Church on Earth... aka the Real Presence

comments

Nomadic tribes always carried their gods around in a box on a litter. Usually it was a meteorite or piece of one.

Nomadic tribes always carried their gods around in a box on a litter. Usually it was a meteorite or piece of one.
It's just not a day for you if you don't insult someone's beliefs/knowledge, etc...

ever seen a shrink?

It seems the wording is somewhat different in this Scripture psg than the one we had at daily Mass

Am I imaging this? I will check the Catholic missal, but I doubt there is a huge difference

I appreciate you mean well .
But your mind is encased in concrete .
imho

So , for me , the sooner your type move to your next incarnations , the better for all of us .

In this matter I am little bit out on a lonely limb ( as if I care )but I rather think there was something really interesting in the ME box .
But what did this extra-terrestrial give to Moses that would make sense in the terms of those times . And was it radio active or certainly energy dangerous without the right instructions / handling protocols ?

comments

LOL You think the Jews/Christians invented the Temple? The word Temple comes from the Latin "Holy Ground". So, yeah the concept of temples/churches existed for a long long time.

In fact, the oldest temple is in Turkey.

Göbekli Tepe is famous for being the oldest temple in the world. According to historians and archaeologists, this temple was erected in southern Turkey 11,600 years ago. Therefore, the sanctuary predates the invention of writing or the wheel, or even the beginning of agriculture and animal husbandry.

This temple is believed to have been erected by hunter-gatherers. It stands out for its large pillars decorated with sculpted wild animals that give us insight into the beliefs of the people of Upper Mesopotamia.

comments

JESUS IS IN HEAVEN.

HeresyDate
OF ALL THE HUMAN TRADITIONS taught and practiced by the Roman Catholic Church, which
are contrary to the Bible, the most ancient are the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross.
Both began 300 years after Christ.
Wax Candles introduced in church. about320
Veneration of angels and dead saints.375
The Mass, as a daily celebration, adopted.394
The worship of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and the use of the term, "Mother of God", as applied to
her, originated in the Council of Ephesus
Priests began to dress differently from the laity500
The doctrine of Purgatory was first established by Gregory the Great593
The Latin language, as the language of prayer and worship in churches, was also imposed by Pope
Gregory I. 600 years after Christ
The Word of God forbids praying and teaching in an unknown tongue. (I Cor. 14:9).
The Bible teaches that we pray to God alone. In the primitive church never were prayers directed to
Mary, or to dead saints. This practice began in the Roman Church
(Matt. 11:28; Luke 1:46; Acts 10:25-26; 14:14-18)
The Papacy is of pagan origin. The title of pope or universal bishop, was first given to the bishop of
Rome by the wicked emperor Phocas
This he did to spite Bishop Ciriacus of Constantinople, who had justly excommunicated him for his
having caused the assassination of his predecessor emperor Mauritius. Gregory 1, then bishop of
Rome, refused the title, but his successor, Boniface III, first assumed title "pope."
Jesus did not appoint Peter to the headship of the apostles and forbade any such notion. (Lk.
22:24-26; Eph. 1:22-23; Col. 1:18; I Cor. 3:11).
Note:-- Nor is there any mention in Scripture, nor in history, that Peter ever was in Rome, much less
that he was pope there for 25 years; Clement, 3rd bishop of Rome, remarks that there is no real 1st
century evidence that Peter ever was in Rome."
The kissing of the Pope's feet
It had been a pagan custom to kiss the feet of emperors. The Word of God forbids such practices.
(Read Acts 10:25-26; Rev. 19:10; 22:9).
The Temporal power of the Popes
When Pepin, the usurper of the throne of France, descended into Italy, called by Pope Stephen II, to
war against the Italian Lombards, he defeated them and gave the city of Rome and surrounding
territory to the pope. Jesus expressly forbade such a thing, and He himself refused worldly kingship.
(Read Matt. 4:8-9; 20:25-26; John 18:38).
Worship of the cross, images and relicswas authorized
This was by order of Dowager Empress Irene of Constantinople, who first caused to pluck the eyes
of her own son, Constantine VI, and then called a church council at the request of Hadrian I, pope of
Rome at that time.
Such practice is called simply IDOLATRY in the Bible, and is severly condemned. (Read Ex. 20:4;
3:17; Deut. 27:15; Psalm 115).
Holy Water, mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, was authorized850
The veneration of St. Joseph began890
The baptism of bells was instituted by Pope John XIV965
Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV
Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible. (Read Rom. 1:7; I Col. 1:2).
Fasting on Fridays and during Lentwere imposed
Imposed by popes said to be interested in the commerce of fish. (Bull, or permit to eat meat), some
authorities say, began in the year 700. This is against the plain teaching of the Bible. (Read Matt.
15:10; I Cor. 10:25; I Tim. 4:1-3).
The Masswas developed gradually as a sacrifice; attendance made obligatory in the 11th century.
The Bible teaches that the sacrifice of Christ was offered once and for all, and is not to be repeated,
but only commemorated in the Lord's Supper. (Read Heb. 7:27; 9:26-28; 10:10-14).
The celibacyof the priesthood was decreed by Pope Hildebrand, Boniface VII
Jesus imposed no such rule, nor did any of the apostles. On the contrary, St. Peter was a married
man, and St. Paul says that bishops were to have wife and children. (Read I Tim. 3:2,5, and 12;
Matt. 8:14-15).

The Rosary, or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit, in the year 1090. Copied from
Hindus and Mohammedans
The counting of prayers is a pagan practice and is expressly condemned by Christ. (Matt. 6:5-13).
The Inquisition of heretics was instituted by the Council of Verona in the year 1184. Jesus never
taught the use of force to spread His religion
The sale of Indulgences, commonly regarded as a purchase of forgiveness and a permit to indulge in
sin.
Christianity, as taught in the Bible, condemns such a traffic and it was the protest against this traffic
that brought on the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century.
The dogma of Transubstantiationwas decreed by Pope Innocent III, in the year
By this doctrine the priest pretends to perform a daily miracle by changing a wafer into the body of
Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive in the presence of his people during Mass. The Bible
condemns such absurdities; for the Lord's Supper is simply a memorial of the sacrifice of Christ. The
spiritual presence of Christ is implied in the Lord's Supper. (Read Luke 22:19-20; John 6:35; I Cor.
11:26).
Confession of sin to the priest at least once a year was instituted by Pope Innocent III., in the
Lateran Council
The Bible commands us to confess our sins direct to God. (Read Psa. 51:1-10; Luke 7:48; 15:21; I
John 1:8-9).
The adormtion of the wafer(Host), was decreed by Pope Honorius
So the Roman Church worships a God made by human hands. This is plain idolatry and absolutely
contrary to the spirit of the Gospel. (Read John 4:24).
The BIble forbidden to laymen and placed in the Index of forbidden books by the Council of
Valencia
Jesus commanded that the Scriptures should be read by all. (John 5:39; I Tim. 3:15-17).
The Scapularwas invented by Simon Stock, and English monk
It is a piece of brown cloth, with the picture of the Virgin and supposed to contain supernatural virtue
to protect from all dangers those who wear it on naked skin. This is fetishism.
The Roman Church forbade the cup to the laity, by instituting the communion of one kind in the
Council of Constance
The Bible commands us to celebrate the Lord's Supper with unleavened bread and the fruit of the
vine. (Read Matt. 26:27; I Cor. 11:26-29).
The doctrine of Purgatorywas proclaimed as a dogma of faith by Council of Florence
There is not one word in the Bible that would teach the purgatory of priests. The blood of Jesus
Christ cleanseth us from all sins. (Read I John 1:7-9; 2:1-2; John 5:24; Rom. 8:1).
The doctrine of 7 Sacrmnentsaffirmed
The Bible says that Christ instituted only two ordinances, Baptism and the Lord's Supper. (Read
Matt. 28: 19-20; 26:26-28).
The Ave Maria, part of the last
It was completed 50 years afterward and finally approved by Pope Sixtus V, at the end of the 16th
century.
The Council of Trent, held in the year 1545, declared that Tradition is of equal authority with the
Bible
By tradition is meant human teachings. The Pharisees believed the same way, and Jesus bitterly
condemned them, for by teaching human tradition, they nullified the commandments of God. (Read
Mark 7:7-13; Col. 2:8; Rev. 22:18).
The apocryphal bookswere added to the Bible also by the Council of Trent
These books were not recognized as canonical by the Jewish Church. (See Rev. 22:8-9).
The Creed of Pope Pius IV was imposed as the official creed 1560 years after Christ and the
apostles
True Christians retain the Holy Scriptures as their creed. Hence their creed is 1500 years older than
the creed of Roman Catholics. (Read Gal. 1:8).
The Immaculate Conceptionof the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX
The Bible states that all men, with the sole exception of Christ, are sinners. Mary herself had need of
a Savior. (Read Rom. 3:23; 5:12; Psa. 51:5; Luke 1:30,46,47).
In the year 1870 after Christ, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of Papal Infallibility
This is a blasphemy and the sign of the apostasy and of the anti-christ predicted by St. Paul. (Read II
Thess. 2:2-12; Rev. 17:1-9; 13:5-8,18).
Many Bible students see the number of the beast (Rev. 13:18), 666 in the Roman letters of the
Pope's title: "VICARIVS FILII DEI." -- V-5, I-1; C-100, I-1; V-S, I-1; L-50, I-1; I-1; D-500, I-l
-- Total, 666.
Pope Plus X, in the year 1907, condemned together with "Modernism", all the discoveries of modern
science which are not approved by the Church
Pius IX had done the same thing in the Syllabus of 1864.
In the year 1930 Pius XI, condemned the Public Schools1930
In the year 1931 the same pope Pius XI, reaffirmed the doctrine that Mary is "the Mother of God"
This doctrine was first invented by the Council of Ephesus in the year 431. This is a heresy
contrary by Mary's own words. (Read Luke 1:46-49; John 2: l-5).
In the year 1950 the last dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pins XII, the Assumption of the Virgin
Mary

CONCLUSION​

What will be the next invention? The Roman Church says it never changes; yet, it has done nothing else but invent new doctrines which are contrary to the Bible, and has practiced rites and ceremonies taken bodily from paganism. Some scholar has found that 75% of the rites and ceremonies of the Roman Church are of pagan origin.
Note:-- Cardinal Newman, in his book, "The Development of the Christian Religion," admits that ... "Temples, incense, oil lamps, votive offerings, holy water, holidays and season of devotions, processions, blessing of fields, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure (of priests and monks and nuns), images ... are all of pagan origin..." (Page 359).

HERESIES are those doctrines and practices which are contrary to the Bible. They are also called "human traditions" or "doctrines of men". Both Peter and Paul predicted and warned that in the later times "false teachers" would rise within the Church and bring in "damnable heresies" and "doctrines of devils". (Read II Peter 2:1-3, and I Tim. 3:2-5). Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, for they transgressed the commandments of God by keeping their traditions. "in vain," He said, "they worship me by keeping for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matt. 15:3,9).

The real heretics therefore, are the Roman Catholics and the true orthodox are the Evangelical Christians.

BRETHREN! The Word of God commands us to get out of Babylon, saying: "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." (Rev. 18:4). All true Christians will remain faithful to the religion of Christ as taught in the Bible, and heed the warning of the Apostle Paul, who said: "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:8).

THOSE ARE NOT ALL OF THEM, EVEN! If any person looks at this post and they are rc, and think they are following the "true church", Ive got a desert to sell you in Alaska.

Amazing Similarities Between the Pharisees and the Roman Catholic Leaders​

Bible Study, Catholic Church

As you read the Gospels, take note at how many times Jesus answers a question with a question. In Luke chapter 20, Jesus is asked 3 questions by the Pharisees, Saducees and the teachers of religious law. I can’t help but note the resemblance to Roman Catholic bishops, cardinals, priests and even the Pope as he warns the disciples to beware of the teachers of religious law in the last passage of this chapter. Even the parable He tells is about them. Let’s dig in…

Luke 20​

One day as Jesus was teaching the people and preaching the Good News in the Temple, the leading priests, the teachers of religious law, and the elders came up to him. 2 They demanded, “By what authority are you doing all these things? Who gave you the right?”
3 “Let me ask you a question first,” he replied. 4 “Did John’s authority to baptize come from heaven, or was it merely human?”
5 They talked it over among themselves. “If we say it was from heaven, he will ask why we didn’t believe John. 6 But if we say it was merely human, the people will stone us because they are convinced John was a prophet.” 7 So they finally replied that they didn’t know.
8 And Jesus responded, “Then I won’t tell you by what authority I do these things.”
They didn’t want to accept the fact that Jesus was the Lamb of God like John had said when Jesus was baptized.

Parable of the Evil Farmers​

9 Now Jesus turned to the people again and told them this story: “A man planted a vineyard, leased it to tenant farmers, and moved to another country to live for several years. 10 At the time of the grape harvest, he sent one of his servants to collect his share of the crop. But the farmers attacked the servant, beat him up, and sent him back empty-handed. 11 So the owner sent another servant, but they also insulted him, beat him up, and sent him away empty-handed. 12 A third man was sent, and they wounded him and chased him away.
13 “‘What will I do?’ the owner asked himself. ‘I know! I’ll send my cherished son. Surely they will respect him.’
14 “But when the tenant farmers saw his son, they said to each other, ‘Here comes the heir to this estate. Let’s kill him and get the estate for ourselves!’ 15 So they dragged him out of the vineyard and murdered him.
“What do you suppose the owner of the vineyard will do to them?” Jesus asked. 16 “I’ll tell you—he will come and kill those farmers and lease the vineyard to others.”
“How terrible that such a thing should ever happen,” his listeners protested.
17 Jesus looked at them and said, “Then what does this Scripture mean?
‘The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.’ [Psalm 118:22]
18 Everyone who stumbles over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone it falls on.”
19 The teachers of religious law and the leading priests wanted to arrest Jesus immediately because they realized he was telling the story against them—they were the wicked farmers. But they were afraid of the people’s reaction.

Who’s Who​

The vineyard owner is God, the Father. The evil farmers are the Pharisees, Saducees and the religious teachers. Jesus is obviously the son that they reject and kill.
You should read Psalm 118 — it’s a beautiful prophetic psalm.

Taxes for Caesar​

20 Watching for their opportunity, the leaders sent spies pretending to be honest men. They tried to get Jesus to say something that could be reported to the Roman governor so he would arrest Jesus. 21 “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you speak and teach what is right and are not influenced by what others think. You teach the way of God truthfully. 22 Now tell us—is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?”
23 He saw through their trickery and said, 24 “Show me a Roman coin. Whose picture and title are stamped on it?”
“Caesar’s,” they replied.
25 “Well then,” he said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.”
26 So they failed to trap him by what he said in front of the people. Instead, they were amazed by his answer, and they became silent.
As you can see these are all trick questions, but Jesus always gets the upper hand. Here, He’s saying that the denarius — the Roman coin — which had Caesar’s image on it, should go back to Caesar. That’s paying taxes. We know we can’t avoid that. However, then He says give to God what belongs to God. What did He mean by that?
We have to go back to creation — we, humans were created in the image of Godimago Deo. We are to surrender our lives to Him.
This next question may seem rather silly, but the answer is interesting…

Discussion about Resurrection​

27 Then Jesus was approached by some Sadducees—religious leaders who say there is no resurrection from the dead. 28 They posed this question: “Teacher, Moses gave us a law that if a man dies, leaving a wife but no children, his brother should marry the widow and have a child who will carry on the brother’s name. 29 Well, suppose there were seven brothers. The oldest one married and then died without children. 30 So the second brother married the widow, but he also died. 31 Then the third brother married her. This continued with all seven of them, who died without children. 32 Finally, the woman also died. 33 So tell us, whose wife will she be in the resurrection? For all seven were married to her!”
34 Jesus replied, “Marriage is for people here on earth. 35 But in the age to come, those worthy of being raised from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage. 36 And they will never die again. In this respect they will be like angels. They are children of God and children of the resurrection.
37 “But now, as to whether the dead will be raised—even Moses proved this when he wrote about the burning bush. Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, he referred to the Lord as ‘the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ 38 So he is the God of the living, not the dead, for they are all alive to him.”
39 “Well said, Teacher!” remarked some of the teachers of religious law who were standing there. 40 And then no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Whose Son Is the Messiah?​

41 Then Jesus presented them with a question. “Why is it,” he asked, “that the Messiah is said to be the son of David? 42 For David himself wrote in the book of Psalms:
‘The Lord said to my Lord,
Sit in the place of honor at my right hand
43 until I humble your enemies,
making them a footstool under your feet.’ [Psalm 110:1]
44 Since David called the Messiah ‘Lord,’ how can the Messiah be his son?”
Remember in Luke 18, the blind beggar called to Jesus saying, “Son of David!” Some people recognized Him as the Messiah.
Moreover, Jesus did speak with authority. And finally the warning to the disciples about the teachers of religious law. Play close attention to the description…

45 Then, with the crowds listening, he turned to his disciples and said, 46 “Beware of these teachers of religious law! For they like to parade around in flowing robes and love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces. And how they love the seats of honor in the synagogues and the head table at banquets. 47 Yet they shamelessly cheat widows out of their property and then pretend to be pious by making long prayers in public. Because of this, they will be severely punished.”
Luke 20 NLT

Imagine Jesus saying this to us today…

Beware of these priest, bishops, cardinals, even the Pope! For they like to parade around in flowing robes and love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces. And how they love the seats of honor in the churches, basilicas and the head table at banquets. 47 Yet they shamelessly cheat widows out of their money (in the form of masses for the dead or indulgences) and then pretend to be pious by making long prayers in public. And they hide horrendous secrets, forget the true Gospel and teach lies…. Because of this, they will be severely punished.
I encourage you to Seek the Truth. Satan’s lies are everywhere. Only the Holy Spirit can help you discern what is truth and what are lies, twisted, watered-down and fake gospels.

It’s Your Choice…​

If you’re not sure if you’re saved or not, if you truly want to be born again and have the assurance of salvation, receive the Holy Spirit, feel His Shalom — a peace that surpasses all understanding, and get a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven after you die, or that you won’t be left behind at the Rapture, which can happen at any moment, this is what you have to do…

Invite Jesus into Your Heart and Receive the Gift of Grace, Joy, Peace, and the Confident Hope of Eternal Life…

Soli Deo Gloria! To God Alone Be the Glory!

repent roman catholic- get right with Jesus before its too late! Amazing Similarities Between the Pharisees and the Roman Catholic Leaders - Seek the Gospel Truth

1. Church Tradition - Is the Bible the sole authority for faith and practice?

A. The meaning of tradition

B. The Roman Catholic meaning of tradition

C. The Roman Catholic view of tradition and the Bible

1. They say that the Bible contains an incomplete message.
    2. They say that the Bible must be supplemented with tradition.
    3. They interpret Scripture in light of tradition.
    4. They believe that there are two sources of authority.
    5. They have made the popes and councils, not God, the author of Scripture.
    6. They have a wrong view of the Holy Spirit's involvement with Scripture.
    7. They believe that "it belongs to the church to judge of the true sense of Scripture."
D. Biblical reasons to reject church tradition

1. Scripture is sufficient for faith and practice - it is the complete standard for truth.
    2. We know the Bible is the complete Word of God because we are told the faith was once delivered to the saints. (Jude 3)
    3. A seal was placed on the final chapter of the final book of the Bible, signifying its completion.
    4. God promised to preserve His completed Word.
    5. We are urged to follow the inspired tradition given by the apostles, not the uninspired traditions of men who come after them.
    6. Those who exalt their traditions to the level of Scripture are condemned. (Mark 7:6-13)
    7. Roman Catholic tradition cannot be right, because it clearly contradicts the Bible.
    8. Roman Catholic tradition contradicts itself - God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33) False Doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church – Fairhaven Baptist Church

Even Bible-believing Christians tend to think the Roman Catholics are saved due to sincerity or to their good works. But what does the Bible say? "Except a man be born again, he CANNOT see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

Indeed there are many Roman Catholics who, in spite of their beliefs, looks past it all and reach out by faith to the living Saviour. Oh yes, such accept Christ as their personal Saviour, are born again and leave the old life behind. Such we call "converted former Roman Catholics."

But the question here is are there any saved Roman Catholics? That is, being a saved person and remaining in Roman Catholicism.

Just as you cannot mix fire and water, neither can one be a saved person and remain a faithful Roman Catholic. What is more, this would be directly against the official teaching of Rome: One who would dare to consider himself, or herself, saved (that is, certain of heaven), being a devout Roman Catholic commits one of the gravest sins--the sin of presumption.

Sincerity is good. And if sincerity alone could save a person, the monks and nuns would be first to reach heaven. But sincerity is not good enough. God says: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast."

Roman Catholics know about Christ, but do not know Him personally, therefore they are trying to work their way to Him. Roman Catholicism is essentially a religion of works and not of grace as taught in the Scriptures.

Merits are earned, or even purchased with money, yet the assurance and joy of salvation are ever absent no matter how much satisfaction may be derived from sincere worship, conscientious living, or laudable good works.

Though the cross and the death of Christ are emphasized, the saving truths of Redemption are not taught. Or they are so mixed with Mary, penance, purgatory, ritual, mass, and with idol and saint worship, that faith unto salvation is completely obscure.

Truly, many Roman Catholics, in spite of it all, have accepted Christ into their hearts, their lives--but can they then, being saved, still continue to be Roman Catholics?

If they did, they would still have to attend Mass. Mass is "the unbloody sacrifice of Christ under the appearance of bread and wine." And how can they repeat Calvary when the Bible says: "For this He did once" (Hebrews 7:27).

"He entered in once" (Hebrews 9:11-15). "Christ was once offered" (Hebrews 9:28). "The offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all" (Hebrews 10:10). "For by one offering" (Hebrews 10:14).

They would have to continue going to confession to a priest when the Bible says: "Who can forgive sins but God only?" (Mark 2:7). "Without shedding of blood there is no remission" (Hebrews 9:22). "And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous" (I John 2:1-2).

They would have to continue praying to Mary and the saints when the Bible definitely states: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (I Timothy 2:5).

Then remaining in Roman Catholicism, they must believe that after death there is a place called "purgatory." How could this tally with the fact of being saved? The Bible says: "The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from ALL sin" (I John 1:7).

Some tell us that they have met some pretty good Roman Catholics who talk all about Jesus and seemed to trust Him. But then again, if they trust Jesus alone for salvation (and there is no other way), then why mass, confession, beads, statues, crucifixes, etc., etc.?

Either one knows he is saved, or does not know he is saved. What Roman Catholics really are talking about is the wafer being their "Christ" (Matthew 24:23).

The Roman Catholics are as lost as the poor African witchdoctor or Hindu. The only difference is that the Roman Catholics are right about us and we do not see the need of evangelizing them.

We urge you to pray for the Roman Catholics and to witness to them as never before. They are lost and need a living Saviour, not one dead on the cross.

Those who insist that there are saved Roman Catholics either do not know that Bible or do not know Roman Catholicism.

(The Flaming Torch) Chick.com: Are Some Roman Catholics Saved?

The Catholic church has has a serious falling away of it's members. Most churches have but the Catholic church is getting hammered:

Since 1970, weekly church attendance among Catholics has dropped from 55% to 20%, the number of priests declined from 59,000 to 35,000 and the number of people who left Catholicism increased from under 2 million in 1975 to over 30 million today.

In this matter I am little bit out on a lonely limb ( as if I care )but I rather think there was something really interesting in the ME box .
But what did this extra-terrestrial give to Moses that would make sense in the terms of those times . And was it radio active or certainly energy dangerous without the right instructions / handling protocols ?

Are you talking about Indiana Jones?

Even Bible-believing Christians tend to think the Roman Catholics are saved due to sincerity or to their good works. But what does the Bible say? "Except a man be born again, he CANNOT see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

Indeed there are many Roman Catholics who, in spite of their beliefs, looks past it all and reach out by faith to the living Saviour. Oh yes, such accept Christ as their personal Saviour, are born again and leave the old life behind. Such we call "converted former Roman Catholics."

But the question here is are there any saved Roman Catholics? That is, being a saved person and remaining in Roman Catholicism.

Just as you cannot mix fire and water, neither can one be a saved person and remain a faithful Roman Catholic. What is more, this would be directly against the official teaching of Rome: One who would dare to consider himself, or herself, saved (that is, certain of heaven), being a devout Roman Catholic commits one of the gravest sins--the sin of presumption.

Sincerity is good. And if sincerity alone could save a person, the monks and nuns would be first to reach heaven. But sincerity is not good enough. God says: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast."

Roman Catholics know about Christ, but do not know Him personally, therefore they are trying to work their way to Him. Roman Catholicism is essentially a religion of works and not of grace as taught in the Scriptures.

Merits are earned, or even purchased with money, yet the assurance and joy of salvation are ever absent no matter how much satisfaction may be derived from sincere worship, conscientious living, or laudable good works.

Though the cross and the death of Christ are emphasized, the saving truths of Redemption are not taught. Or they are so mixed with Mary, penance, purgatory, ritual, mass, and with idol and saint worship, that faith unto salvation is completely obscure.

Truly, many Roman Catholics, in spite of it all, have accepted Christ into their hearts, their lives--but can they then, being saved, still continue to be Roman Catholics?

If they did, they would still have to attend Mass. Mass is "the unbloody sacrifice of Christ under the appearance of bread and wine." And how can they repeat Calvary when the Bible says: "For this He did once" (Hebrews 7:27).

"He entered in once" (Hebrews 9:11-15). "Christ was once offered" (Hebrews 9:28). "The offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all" (Hebrews 10:10). "For by one offering" (Hebrews 10:14).

They would have to continue going to confession to a priest when the Bible says: "Who can forgive sins but God only?" (Mark 2:7). "Without shedding of blood there is no remission" (Hebrews 9:22). "And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous" (I John 2:1-2).

They would have to continue praying to Mary and the saints when the Bible definitely states: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (I Timothy 2:5).

Then remaining in Roman Catholicism, they must believe that after death there is a place called "purgatory." How could this tally with the fact of being saved? The Bible says: "The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from ALL sin" (I John 1:7).

Some tell us that they have met some pretty good Roman Catholics who talk all about Jesus and seemed to trust Him. But then again, if they trust Jesus alone for salvation (and there is no other way), then why mass, confession, beads, statues, crucifixes, etc., etc.?

Either one knows he is saved, or does not know he is saved. What Roman Catholics really are talking about is the wafer being their "Christ" (Matthew 24:23).

The Roman Catholics are as lost as the poor African witchdoctor or Hindu. The only difference is that the Roman Catholics are right about us and we do not see the need of evangelizing them.

We urge you to pray for the Roman Catholics and to witness to them as never before. They are lost and need a living Saviour, not one dead on the cross.

Those who insist that there are saved Roman Catholics either do not know that Bible or do not know Roman Catholicism.

(The Flaming Torch) Chick.com: Are Some Roman Catholics Saved?

They are born again. They are baptized and confirmed.

Amazing Similarities Between the Pharisees and the Roman Catholic Leaders​

Bible Study, Catholic Church

As you read the Gospels, take note at how many times Jesus answers a question with a question. In Luke chapter 20, Jesus is asked 3 questions by the Pharisees, Saducees and the teachers of religious law. I can’t help but note the resemblance to Roman Catholic bishops, cardinals, priests and even the Pope as he warns the disciples to beware of the teachers of religious law in the last passage of this chapter. Even the parable He tells is about them. Let’s dig in…

Luke 20​

They didn’t want to accept the fact that Jesus was the Lamb of God like John had said when Jesus was baptized.

Parable of the Evil Farmers​

Who’s Who​

The vineyard owner is God, the Father. The evil farmers are the Pharisees, Saducees and the religious teachers. Jesus is obviously the son that they reject and kill.
You should read Psalm 118 — it’s a beautiful prophetic psalm.

Taxes for Caesar​

As you can see these are all trick questions, but Jesus always gets the upper hand. Here, He’s saying that the denarius — the Roman coin — which had Caesar’s image on it, should go back to Caesar. That’s paying taxes. We know we can’t avoid that. However, then He says give to God what belongs to God. What did He mean by that?
We have to go back to creation — we, humans were created in the image of Godimago Deo. We are to surrender our lives to Him.
This next question may seem rather silly, but the answer is interesting…

Discussion about Resurrection​

Whose Son Is the Messiah?​

Remember in Luke 18, the blind beggar called to Jesus saying, “Son of David!” Some people recognized Him as the Messiah.
Moreover, Jesus did speak with authority. And finally the warning to the disciples about the teachers of religious law. Play close attention to the description…

Imagine Jesus saying this to us today…

Beware of these priest, bishops, cardinals, even the Pope! For they like to parade around in flowing robes and love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces. And how they love the seats of honor in the churches, basilicas and the head table at banquets. 47 Yet they shamelessly cheat widows out of their money (in the form of masses for the dead or indulgences) and then pretend to be pious by making long prayers in public. And they hide horrendous secrets, forget the true Gospel and teach lies…. Because of this, they will be severely punished.
I encourage you to Seek the Truth. Satan’s lies are everywhere. Only the Holy Spirit can help you discern what is truth and what are lies, twisted, watered-down and fake gospels.

It’s Your Choice…​

If you’re not sure if you’re saved or not, if you truly want to be born again and have the assurance of salvation, receive the Holy Spirit, feel His Shalom — a peace that surpasses all understanding, and get a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven after you die, or that you won’t be left behind at the Rapture, which can happen at any moment, this is what you have to do…

Invite Jesus into Your Heart and Receive the Gift of Grace, Joy, Peace, and the Confident Hope of Eternal Life…

Soli Deo Gloria! To God Alone Be the Glory!

repent roman catholic- get right with Jesus before its too late! Amazing Similarities Between the Pharisees and the Roman Catholic Leaders - Seek the Gospel Truth

John Nelson Darby invented the rapture in 1830.

Forum List

Back