Texas Was Warned a Decade Ago Its Grid Was Unready for Cold

Regardless of why red state texans added wind turbines to their power grid, the people that ordered the units, bought a product that was substandard to the needs of the intended application. Either through ignorance and an unwillingness to learn the necessary facts, arrogance in their own limited knowledge, or greed to keep profits up.

What ever the cause, the blame falls solely on the individuals or groups making the final decisions on the design specifications that led to the failures.
Wind Turbines are NOT the issue in Texas. That's a red herring designed to deflect from the failure to properly prepare. The GOP failure to prepare
Texas isn't the only state that got cold. Poor planning has caused lots of problems in Texas. Our current problem and flooding are just two of those problems.
Green energy failed. Just like biden is doing, and now there is no one to blame. But Democrats, you are totally in control.
Bullshit. Green energy has nothing to do with the debacle in Texas
Solar panels are also failing. Liberals destroy everything they touch and know Biden wants us completely off fossil fuels in a few years. This will become the norm.
Solar panel are failing? Have you ask for a refund?

Would never have happened under Trump's watch.
Not only would it have happened under Trump's watch (Biden hasn't been in the WH long enough to have done anything about it), it probably would have been worse. Just look at Trump's appalling record with regard to COVID.
That's funny.
Joe was either sleeping, go karting, or celebrating unmasked since Jan 20th.
He's out of his depth.
Hope you have the stamina to defend him for 4 years.
Joe's doing a great job. Much better than the blob.
Yeah, 70'000 Covid dead.
Texas in blackouts.
Big gaping hole in Mexican border.
China given green light to continue with concentration camps.
Americans still waiting for bread crumbs Covid cheque.
Women's sports destroyed.
Anti White ethos returned to schools.

LOL...

Fake news.

Joe's doing a great job. Much better than your blob.
Thats a piss poor retort.
Thats a piss poor retort.
You offered a piss poor premise. :dunno:

Regardless of why red state texans added wind turbines to their power grid, the people that ordered the units, bought a product that was substandard to the needs of the intended application. Either through ignorance and an unwillingness to learn the necessary facts, arrogance in their own limited knowledge, or greed to keep profits up.

What ever the cause, the blame falls solely on the individuals or groups making the final decisions on the design specifications that led to the failures.
Wind Turbines are NOT the issue in Texas. That's a red herring designed to deflect from the failure to properly prepare. The GOP failure to prepare
Texas isn't the only state that got cold. Poor planning has caused lots of problems in Texas. Our current problem and flooding are just two of those problems.
Green energy failed. Just like biden is doing, and now there is no one to blame. But Democrats, you are totally in control.
Solar panels are also failing. Liberals destroy everything they touch and know Biden wants us completely off fossil fuels in a few years. This will become the norm.
No, but Texans should.

This is the third time this has happened.

It comes down to deregulation. The people of Texas want no regulations so this is what they get.

Their electricity is privatized. There are no regulations or any consequences for not upgrading and winterizing. There are suggestions. That's it.

So because it's all privatized profit is put first. Not human life. Thus people are dying in Texas because profit for a private company is more important.

That last time it happened the federal government did an assessment, gave the state a report of what is wrong and how to fix it. The state and the private companies did nothing.

This is going to keep happening because money is more important than human life in Texas.

The people of Texas aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again. The private companies aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Yet where did the Texans run quickly run to first?

You guessed it, the federal government. Biden is sending help. I thought the scariest words in the English language were "I'm from the federal government and here to help." Whatever happened to that conservative "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and " take personal responsibility?"

The whole damned country is in this kind of shape for God's sakes.
No it isn't.

It comes down to deregulation. The people of Texas want no regulations so this is what they get.

Their electricity is privatized. There are no regulations or any consequences for not upgrading and winterizing. There are suggestions. That's it.

So because it's all privatized profit is put first. Not human life. Thus people are dying in Texas because profit for a private company is more important.

That last time it happened the federal government did an assessment, gave the state a report of what is wrong and how to fix it. The state and the private companies did nothing.

This is going to keep happening because money is more important than human life in Texas.

The people of Texas aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again. The private companies aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again.

You guessed it, the federal government. Biden is sending help. I thought the scariest words in the English language were "I'm from the federal government and here to help." Whatever happened to that conservative "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and " take personal responsibility?"

President Obama shut down Dolet Hills Mine and the Cleco Power Plant.
The people without power here, are freezing their butts off because of Democrats and the fucking government ... :thup:

They're freezing their asses off because natural gas is freezing in the damn pipes and nuke plants are shut down due to cold...you lying POS

Obviously not “this” kind of shape. :uhoh3:
A lot of bird brains don't remember when one fucking burning tree in Ohio knocked the grid black in about 5 states for days back around 2001......................LOLO.....ONE FUCKING TREE IN SHITSVILLE OHIO knocks a grid out for 5 states.

Our grid id a klickity klackity pos mess. Repukes and libtards never fixed it.
A lot of bird brains don't remember when one fucking burning tree in Ohio knocked the grid black in about 5 states for days back around 2001......................LOLO.....ONE FUCKING TREE IN SHITSVILLE OHIO knocks a grid out for 5 states.

Our grid id a klickity klackity pos mess. Repukes and libtards never fixed it.
Obviously not anywhere near the same problem,
Captain Whadabout.

Focus if you can.

Not where I am at colder and still have electric. Huh I wonder how that happened.
I meant our electric grid. We don't have many liberals where I live. We have no problems of any kind.Just where liberals live are shit holes. God if I would have listened to liberals I would have a boss my entire life. What a waste of a life.'
That`s your second post of the morning where you said absolutely nothing.

President Obama shut down Dolet Hills Mine and the Cleco Power Plant.
The people without power here, are freezing their butts off because of Democrats and the fucking government ... :thup:

If Obama shut that lignite mine down why is it still operating. Has anyone told them that they are shut down? The miners are always the last to know these things.
Dolet Hills Mine - Global Energy Monitor (gem.wiki)

If you asked for a refund you wouldn't get one. Once snow covers the panel it stops working.

If you asked for a refund you wouldn't get one. Once snow covers the panel it stops working.
In most cases, the sun melts the snow off solar panels much quicker than many think - quicker than the ground and even your roof. Panels retain warmth and are often installed at an angle, so when the storm blows over even heavy snow slides rights off. Skeptical? Check out this time-lapse of snow melting off one of our projects in New Holland, PA:
How to Take Care of Snow on Your Solar Panels

Wow

Wow you seem a lot more worried about it than the actual people who live in Texas. Maybe you should just mind your own business and worry about taking care of yourself....oh wait, you are a liberal bufoon, forgot.

If Obama shut that lignite mine down why is it still operating. Has anyone told them that they are shut down? The miners are always the last to know these things.
Dolet Hills Mine - Global Energy Monitor (gem.wiki)

Dolet Hills is a huge mining complex ... The part I was talking about them shutting down, was the one next to the Cleco Power Plant.
There are parts closer to Pelican and Converse that still operate, but they don't generate power.

I have no sympathy for them electing republicans.

I agree. They were warned. They invited this mess.

Funny just the other week Texas was going to leave the union.

Now they are begging for handouts from the federal government they say they hate so much.

But but but but....

FREE-DUMB!!!!!
FPL_Aspen.jpg

Yup.

They're free to die from their greed and stupidity.

It would be utterly stupid to invest billions into accounting for these rare weather instances. The cost would never equal or surpass the reward. Could they do it? Sure, should they? NO.

It would be utterly stupid to invest billions into accounting for these rare weather instances. The cost would never equal or surpass the reward. Could they do it? Sure, should they? NO.
Posted by a warm person I`m sure. How much do we piss away on military crap that will never be used? Do we need 19 aircraft carriers when Russia has only 1 and China has 2?

Forum List

Back