The commies want the Texas power grid....Houston lawmakers, AOC push Texas ERCOT to join other power grids

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I don't know why other than for the "green grift" that currently only goes to TX politicians. :dunno:

They would have to rename it the Cartel Electric Company if it gets tied into Mexico. Likely Mexico (no EPA standards) will get China to build coal fired plants for them to cash in.

Sounds like they are pushing Texas the other grids so more federal regulations will apply to the TX grid, including mandates to expand use of renewables on our side of the border.

It also gives them more ability to divert power elsewhere.

This week Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Houston Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia, and 18 other representatives introduced the Connect the Grid Act on Capitol Hill.

It would require the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) to connect to the nation’s major electric grids.

Specifically, the Connect the Grid Act would:

Require interconnection between ERCOT and grids that it neighbors.

Make sure ERCOT is subject to Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) oversight for just and reasonable pricing and transmission planning.

Require FERC and the Department of Energy (DOE) to conduct a study on the benefits of interconnection with Mexico.

I don't know why other than for the "green grift" that currently only goes to TX politicians. :dunno:

They would have to rename it the Cartel Electric Company if it gets tied into Mexico. Likely Mexico (no EPA standards) will get China to build coal fired plants for them to cash in.

Sounds like they are pushing Texas the other grids so more federal regulations will apply to the TX grid, including mandates to expand use of renewables on our side of the border.

This week Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Houston Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia, and 18 other representatives introduced the Connect the Grid Act on Capitol Hill.

It would require the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) to connect to the nation’s major electric grids.

Make sure ERCOT is subject to Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) oversight for just and reasonable pricing and transmission planning.

Require FERC and the Department of Energy (DOE) to conduct a study on the benefits of interconnection with Mexico.
Your theory kind of makes sense. I wondered why she would actually think to be involved in the Texas electrical grid. But, extending regulation, sounds far more correct, than looking out for Texans, as not constituents.

Do you have any idea how NERC and FERC actually work, and what they do? I do. My job restraining on both entities on a yearly basis. How about the ISOs? Once you understand how these entities work, feel free to comment on this stuff.

I don’t like the idea of forcing Texas into compliance, but it would have massive benefits for them. Maybe they don’t feel they outweigh the requirements, but it would significantly help the Texas grud.

This kind of shit won't be available when we gain our independence.

This 'AOC' will be a buck-toothed foreigner, as far as we're concerned. We'll be happy to sell it energy, but the price won't be considered 'ideal'. ;)

texit.jpg

Because they could draw from the national grid when their shit freezes up again or they don't have enough to run all the air conditioners their people need.

Why is cooperation so hard to understand for you kids?

Because they could draw from the national grid when their shit freezes up again or they don't have enough to run all the air conditioners their people need.

Why is cooperation so hard to understand for you kids?
Why do you care what they do......with other states shutting plants at a pretty good pace the grid is getting pretty rickety

Imagine having another source of power during an extended outage?

Maybe we should ask Ted Cruz
Not everyone can jet off to Cancun when the power goes out
As an avid supporter of Ted Cruz you have my permission to bash him with that complaint as often as you can

He needs to be embarrassed by that lapse of judgement

But you are wasting your time if you think it will cause me for vote for some democrat head-case like Beto O'Rourke instead

We are tired of not having power you piece of shit.

As an avid supporter of Ted Cruz you have my permission to bash him with that complaint as often as you can

He needs to be embarrassed by that lapse of judgement

But you are wasting your time if you think it will cause me for vote for some democrat head-case like Beto O'Rourke instead
Ted never would have been tempted to run off to Cancun if Texas had a stable power grid

Ted never would have been tempted to run off to Cancun if Texas had a stable power grid
Nonsense

His daughters wanted to vacation in mexico and Cruz took them there

It was politically stupid and he should have known better

Do you have any idea how NERC and FERC actually work, and what they do? I do. My job restraining on both entities on a yearly basis. How about the ISOs? Once you understand how these entities work, feel free to comment on this stuff.

I don’t like the idea of forcing Texas into compliance, but it would have massive benefits for them. Maybe they don’t feel they outweigh the requirements, but it would significantly help the Texas grud.
Sigh, you are right, I know shit-all about Texas grud.....Is it like a Polish crane?

Last edited:
Sigh, you are right, I know shit-all about Texas grud
It’s not just the Texas grid, but the entire country. Electrical service has effectively become a de facto RIGHT here in the United States. It’s an expectation that the power is on 99%+ of the time.

To that end, NERC uses FERC to implement its regulations and expectations through the ISOs (Independent System Operators). The company I work for is part of ISO New England.

While I understand the independent mindset of Texas not wanting to be regulated by these entities, it deprives their customers of the backup connections and enforcement of best practices including Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) regulations.

Either their customers need to tell these companies to join an ISO or expect more of these extended outages.

Controlling the power grid means they can punish states at will for not voting the right way for banana republic schemes and corruption. I works not just for freezes but for hot summer temps as well. Selectively shutting off air conditioning for certain districts when it's 110 would be wildly popular with the kind of scum who vote Democrat.

Controlling the power grid means they can punish states at will for not voting the right way for banana republic schemes and corruption.
You have seen this done with electric power? I have not. Is this creeping paranoia, or have you read where somebody coming to power has suggested it?

You have seen this done with electric power? I have not. Is this creeping paranoia, or have you read where somebody coming to power has suggested it?

Why else would your heroes be so interested in forcing the Texas power grid under national control? Nothing 'paranoid' about it, except your need to defend the indefensible. Your banana republic regime really hates Texas.

Forum List

Back