Texas Was Warned a Decade Ago Its Grid Was Unready for Cold

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is the third time this has happened.

It comes down to deregulation. The people of Texas want no regulations so this is what they get.

Their electricity is privatized. There are no regulations or any consequences for not upgrading and winterizing. There are suggestions. That's it.

So because it's all privatized profit is put first. Not human life. Thus people are dying in Texas because profit for a private company is more important.

That last time it happened the federal government did an assessment, gave the state a report of what is wrong and how to fix it. The state and the private companies did nothing.

This is going to keep happening because money is more important than human life in Texas.

The people of Texas aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again. The private companies aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Yet where did the Texans run quickly run to first?

You guessed it, the federal government. Biden is sending help. I thought the scariest words in the English language were "I'm from the federal government and here to help." Whatever happened to that conservative "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and " take personal responsibility?"

It comes down to deregulation. The people of Texas want no regulations so this is what they get.

Their electricity is privatized. There are no regulations or any consequences for not upgrading and winterizing. There are suggestions. That's it.

So because it's all privatized profit is put first. Not human life. Thus people are dying in Texas because profit for a private company is more important.

That last time it happened the federal government did an assessment, gave the state a report of what is wrong and how to fix it. The state and the private companies did nothing.

This is going to keep happening because money is more important than human life in Texas.

The people of Texas aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again. The private companies aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again.

You guessed it, the federal government. Biden is sending help. I thought the scariest words in the English language were "I'm from the federal government and here to help." Whatever happened to that conservative "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and " take personal responsibility?"

The whole damned country is in this kind of shape for God's sakes.

Pretty sure my not Texas power grid is going to fail me in the next 24-36 hours when the ice man cometh to Virginia. In the mean time, Californians are being warned now about the stupidity of their grid and overregulation of suppliers so it all averages out in the karma.

Bloomberg (Green) advised Texans to rely on freaking windmills (stalled on ice) and solar energy (covered in a foot of snow). Now it costs more money to de-ice a windmill than it's potential productivity.

Some Texas may basically told his town that today. He has had to resign tonight and is probably going to be stoned in the public square later this week.

Not all Texans agree with our leadership and after this I am guessing Abbot might be retiring after he loses his next run for office...

As I wrote in another thread this is a decades old issue that should have never happened but it did and it will never be fixed because those that run all this just care about the bottom line and even in deaths money will be made...

So I am leaving Texas as soon as I can and will head to Tennessee!

The people that died, are dying, would not die in vain if this were to put a dagger in the heart of the global warming hoax.

Some people are briefly warming up in their cars. Some are able to drive to a warming center. Killer Chicom Joe wants all electric cars.

Gads I seriously hate democrats. Keelhaul the bastards and scrape the skin off their bodies.

"Where did Texans run quickly to first?"
Ummm, their diesel generators??
You think Biden broke a nap for Texans. He was playing Mario Go Kart according to the media during the Texan blackout.

Electricity is “privatized” all over the country, and the two biggest companies are in California, you fucking moron.

Bloomberg (Green) advised Texans to rely on freaking windmills (stalled on ice) and solar energy (covered in a foot of snow). Now it costs more money to de-ice a windmill than it's potential productivity.

Why do they work so well in Russia, Denmark and European countries in their harsh winters?
Because they have heaters that run on natural gas. The Netherlands just put their wind farms off shore. Look it up.

Why do they work so well in Russia, Denmark and European countries in their harsh winters?
Russian homes burn coal, logs, and whatever burns.
In my European city most homes are heated by oil or kerosene.
Wind and solar can not produce heat.
I have a country house with wind and solar. No mains electric. The energy generated cannot even facilitate a toaster, kettle or iron. Maybe a radio for a few hours at night. A light bulb. In winter.....nothing.
It's useless.

Carbon fuel or nuclear is the most reliable.
pick one.
Nuclear isn't going to happen. After Fukishimaand Chernobyl even Germany is taking their nuclear power off line. We shut down San Onofre years ago.
Why not just build where they have no earthquakes, tornadoes, tidal waves etc.
It's doable.
Germany is not a model to follow. Believe me. They are run by marxists and ideologues.
They have been scraping snow off solar panels this week too. There is very little sun in Northern Europe in Winter.....when you need energy the most.

Folks? Texas has a huge metropolitan population and it's freaky cold.

Not that big a deal.

That they act like assholes is an excellent reason to revel in their misery but the power grid is fine. If Alaska had 29M people or whatever the number is their grid would have failed too... Ditto for Nebraska, Wyoming, Arizona.... where ever.

Unlike the propaganda you're been swallowing, the truth is that Texas went down because they lost nearly half their power because their natural gas supply was taken down by the cold. It also took down their oil well production, which similarly wasn't designed to function in very cold weather.

Windmills are only 20% of Texas energy, and their primary use is for peak summer air conditioning usage.

Forum List

Back