Texas Was Warned a Decade Ago Its Grid Was Unready for Cold

This is the third time this has happened.

It comes down to deregulation. The people of Texas want no regulations so this is what they get.

Their electricity is privatized. There are no regulations or any consequences for not upgrading and winterizing. There are suggestions. That's it.

So because it's all privatized profit is put first. Not human life. Thus people are dying in Texas because profit for a private company is more important.

That last time it happened the federal government did an assessment, gave the state a report of what is wrong and how to fix it. The state and the private companies did nothing.

This is going to keep happening because money is more important than human life in Texas.

The people of Texas aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again. The private companies aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Yet where did the Texans run quickly run to first?

You guessed it, the federal government. Biden is sending help. I thought the scariest words in the English language were "I'm from the federal government and here to help." Whatever happened to that conservative "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and " take personal responsibility?"

The whole damned country is in this kind of shape for God's sakes.

Which other states are having the massive power outages that Texas is suffering through?
California every summer. For the same reasons. A misplaced belief in the hoax of global warming.
I have never seen a rolling black out. I don't know what one is. How do people live under these conditions? We would imprison anyone doing that.

How can one not let their water hose run non stop 24/7 and worry? My God what kind of life do some people live?????

If I could only wash my car on Tuesdays I'd move to NKorea.

The equivalent of 25 September 11's due to the China Virus, and old Joe is playing with Go Karts.
It'll take a while to recover from the blob's mis-management of the viral response. Cases are dropping.

Joe's doing a great job.
Cases are dropping because the WHO (on the day of Biden's inauguration) decided to count only cases with symptoms.
Who do you think you are kidding here?
Sir. You know more about what is going on in American than half the ejaculations on this board and country..LOLOLOL

Where do you live?

Would never have happened under Trump's watch.
Not only would it have happened under Trump's watch (Biden hasn't been in the WH long enough to have done anything about it), it probably would have been worse. Just look at Trump's appalling record with regard to COVID.
That's funny.
Joe was either sleeping, go karting, or celebrating unmasked since Jan 20th.
He's out of his depth.
Hope you have the stamina to defend him for 4 years.
Joe's doing a great job. Much better than the blob.
Yeah, 70'000 Covid dead.
Texas in blackouts.
Big gaping hole in Mexican border.
China given green light to continue with concentration camps.
Americans still waiting for bread crumbs Covid cheque.
Women's sports destroyed.
Anti White ethos returned to schools.

LOL...

Fake news.

Joe's doing a great job. Much better than your blob.
Thats a piss poor retort.
Candy has a lot of Corn in his shit. This is his residence here so you are only a guest. Please keep that in mind

Especially with a reaction score in the stratosphere with so few posts. You are a threat...lol

It comes down to deregulation. The people of Texas want no regulations so this is what they get.

Their electricity is privatized. There are no regulations or any consequences for not upgrading and winterizing. There are suggestions. That's it.

So because it's all privatized profit is put first. Not human life. Thus people are dying in Texas because profit for a private company is more important.

That last time it happened the federal government did an assessment, gave the state a report of what is wrong and how to fix it. The state and the private companies did nothing.

This is going to keep happening because money is more important than human life in Texas.

The people of Texas aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again. The private companies aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again.

You guessed it, the federal government. Biden is sending help. I thought the scariest words in the English language were "I'm from the federal government and here to help." Whatever happened to that conservative "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and " take personal responsibility?"

Which other states are having the massive power outages that Texas is suffering through?
California every summer. For the same reasons. A misplaced belief in the hoax of global warming.
I have never seen a rolling black out. I don't know what one is. How do people live under these conditions? We would imprison anyone doing that.

How can one not let their water hose run non stop 24/7 and worry? My God what kind of life do some people live?????

Ask those idiot Republicans in Texas why they need them . Some body should vote their incompetent asses out of office. The hillarious thing about is it happened in before and their idiot asses had to be bailed out by Mexico. I repeat Mexico. Hillarious

Texas must have believed the bullcrap liberals, and undoubtedly they thought the earth was warming extensively, and cold like that was a thing of the past, well good morning TEXAS, did you enjoy your sleep in liberal la-la land ???
Words from another low IQ right-wing nut, with zero understanding of science... or anything else.

The facts are on the ground lefty, so there is your science in the raw.

Why is it freezing windmills in Taxas?
Were'nt we told to prepare for global warming?
You confuse climate with weather. Global warming doesn't mean you don't have frigid days in winter.
Global warming actually results in extremes of weather - both heat and cold, both drought and precipitation. Storms become more extreme. This is all proved by the evidence before our eyes in the last few decades. We used to have 100 year floods, we are now having such 100 year floods every decade or more. Last year the hurricane season was so long and so full of storms they ran out the standard alphabet for naming the storms. This extreme weather event we are currently experiencing is from the polar vortex being pushed far down into the southern US, something that was very rare but is becoming much more frequent with overall global warming - the warming, which warms the ocean and melts the ice caps, is throwing all the predictable patterns of air stream into chaos. This is not terribly complex and there are many resources available which explain it fairly comprehensively yet simply enough for the average Joe to understand - but only IF s/he isn’t already brainwashed by anti science propaganda to a knee jerk reactionary position. ‘Oh it’s icing or snowing this week - global warming must be a hoax!’
As to Texas; I lived 30 minutes south of Canada on the plains of Montana and the windmills operated there in extreme freezing cold conditions. My natural gas fired heat stayed on in -50 conditions. Why? Because the energy infrastructure was designed for weather extremes. The utilities spent a little bit more for windmill blades and housings that were able to tolerate such conditions, and same for all the other energy infrastructure. Texas had a choice and chose badly. Had they listened to science they would have grasped that the future was going to include more and more weather events such as the one they are experiencing now, and they would have taken the lessons from the last time and prepared appropriately by upgrading infrastructure.
All of this is playing out exactly as the climate scientists have warned for decades. It will keep playing out this way, beating us over the head with the frying pan of extreme floods, wildfires, ice storms, droughts and the tens of billions in property damage and the incalculable cost of human lives lost. THIS IS GLOBAL WARMING! WAKE THE FUCK UP!
I’m sure all those climate scientists feel the same as all of us who trusted their science - ZERO JOY at being proved right. Just grief over the senseless loss of life and destruction of lives and persistence of willful ignorance that means it will just keep happening over and over and over.
And you plan to stop the whole world from polluting the air and ozone eh ???? Well you had a good start with Trump, but now we are back to Biden and the Chinese working it. As if our landfills aren't busting at the seams now, and with a billion more tons to come in shorter and shorter times.

What about making things that last again, you know MAGA power ??????? You people are as full of bullcrap than anyone I've ever seen when it comes to solving issues.

Then you ignore the real dangers to human beings, by ignoring tons of poisonous chemicals being dumped by indirect means daily into the natural water systems.

Farmers, power companies, and county government's all using poisonous chemicals to control growth, and such, and the run off is going into ditches, creeks, ponds, lakes etc. But that worry doesn't gain enough, so global warming is the target for political purposes. No more scratching ones head, otherwise to wonder where all the cancer is coming from eh ??

Enjoy your messed up ideology or uneducated yet political thinking over the true health of our citizen's and country.

Last edited:

Obviously not “this” kind of shape. :uhoh3:

Ask those idiot Republicans in Texas why they need them . Some body should vote their incompetent asses out of office. The hillarious thing about is it happened in before and their idiot asses had to be bailed out by Mexico. I repeat Mexico. Hillarious
This goes beyond Texas and what you cow murderers want to do with an already shit grid and system bogging it down with vehicles not ready for mass use for DECADES. Start governing and quit the TDS bullshit. He's no longer in office. Your first month has been pathetic governing. GOVERN!!!!!

Bloomberg (Green) advised Texans to rely on freaking windmills (stalled on ice) and solar energy (covered in a foot of snow). Now it costs more money to de-ice a windmill than it's potential productivity.
Yep...Those bastard commie Dems fooled the hapless Texan Republican leadership yet again. :uhoh3:

Obviously not “this” kind of shape. :uhoh3:
A lot of bird brains don't remember when one fucking burning tree in Ohio knocked the grid black in about 5 states for days back around 2001......................LOLO.....ONE FUCKING TREE IN SHITSVILLE OHIO knocks a grid out for 5 states.

Our grid id a klickity klackity pos mess. Repukes and libtards never fixed it.

Not all Texans agree with our leadership and after this I am guessing Abbot might be retiring after he loses his next run for office...

As I wrote in another thread this is a decades old issue that should have never happened but it did and it will never be fixed because those that run all this just care about the bottom line and even in deaths money will be made...

So I am leaving Texas as soon as I can and will head to Tennessee!
The results of unregulated capitalism.
“Only the strong survive”

Regardless of why red state texans added wind turbines to their power grid, the people that ordered the units, bought a product that was substandard to the needs of the intended application. Either through ignorance and an unwillingness to learn the necessary facts, arrogance in their own limited knowledge, or greed to keep profits up.

What ever the cause, the blame falls solely on the individuals or groups making the final decisions on the design specifications that led to the failures.
Wind Turbines are NOT the issue in Texas. That's a red herring designed to deflect from the failure to properly prepare. The GOP failure to prepare
Texas isn't the only state that got cold. Poor planning has caused lots of problems in Texas. Our current problem and flooding are just two of those problems.
Green energy failed. Just like biden is doing, and now there is no one to blame. But Democrats, you are totally in control.
Bullshit. Green energy has nothing to do with the debacle in Texas

Folks? Texas has a huge metropolitan population and it's freaky cold.

Not that big a deal.

That they act like assholes is an excellent reason to revel in their misery but the power grid is fine. If Alaska had 29M people or whatever the number is their grid would have failed too... Ditto for Nebraska, Wyoming, Arizona.... where ever.
So, what happened to that global warming??
Stupid is a choice. Choose better for yourself.

Regardless of why red state texans added wind turbines to their power grid, the people that ordered the units, bought a product that was substandard to the needs of the intended application. Either through ignorance and an unwillingness to learn the necessary facts, arrogance in their own limited knowledge, or greed to keep profits up.

What ever the cause, the blame falls solely on the individuals or groups making the final decisions on the design specifications that led to the failures.
Wind Turbines are NOT the issue in Texas. That's a red herring designed to deflect from the failure to properly prepare. The GOP failure to prepare
Texas isn't the only state that got cold. Poor planning has caused lots of problems in Texas. Our current problem and flooding are just two of those problems.
Green energy failed. Just like biden is doing, and now there is no one to blame. But Democrats, you are totally in control.
Bullshit. Green energy has nothing to do with the debacle in Texas
Solar panels are also failing. Liberals destroy everything they touch and know Biden wants us completely off fossil fuels in a few years. This will become the norm.

Folks? Texas has a huge metropolitan population and it's freaky cold.

Not that big a deal.

That they act like assholes is an excellent reason to revel in their misery but the power grid is fine. If Alaska had 29M people or whatever the number is their grid would have failed too... Ditto for Nebraska, Wyoming, Arizona.... where ever.

Climate change=>weather...(psst..stop repeating right wing media misdirectional talking points about getting warmer. :))
We're down to what, nine years of survivability left according to AOC.

They had the green energy to blame when it all went to hell.

Yea we get it. You dinosaurs hate renewables, progress, and technology

Forum List

Back