Texas Was Warned a Decade Ago Its Grid Was Unready for Cold

It would be utterly stupid to invest billions into accounting for these rare weather instances. The cost would never equal or surpass the reward. Could they do it? Sure, should they? NO.
Posted by a warm person I`m sure. How much do we piss away on military crap that will never be used? Do we need 19 aircraft carriers when Russia has only 1 and China has 2?

I live in Wisconsin, hardly warm. In fact Texas is having a heat wave compared to what we have here. The point is that we 'could' build to prepare for almost any contingency, but the extraordinary cost would never be recouped for the few times it would matter. Forget the fact the global warming cult pretty much promised this very sort of thing could never happen for the last 30 years or so. Why would anyone prepare for extreme cold when the whole world is supposedly warming?

It would be utterly stupid to invest billions into accounting for these rare weather instances. The cost would never equal or surpass the reward. Could they do it? Sure, should they? NO.

Yep, that's what they've said since 1989 when it happened the first time...and then again since 2011 when it happened again. What reward are you looking for here? To stay warm? With potable water?
Without thousands of dollars in damage to your home? Wonder how many millions/billions this "rare weather instance" is going to cost the fiercely independent (stupid) state of Texas? I've heard and
seen many people from Texas and a few on this board clamoring for secession for Texas. You're getting a glimpse of what it would be like if that actually happened. Texas would become the mother of
red state "takers" (from the blue states). Right now?, Texas is essentially Puerto Rico. Pretty good for a state swimming in petroleum (and no, renewable energy isn't the cause of this debacle).

Bloomberg (Green) advised Texans to rely on freaking windmills (stalled on ice) and solar energy (covered in a foot of snow). Now it costs more money to de-ice a windmill than it's potential productivity.

Why do they work so well in Russia, Denmark and European countries in their harsh winters?

Because they're not. Their "green energy" wind and solar aren't fucking working either.

Who has been running Texas for years? Who pushed the windmills? GOP

This is the third time this has happened.

It comes down to deregulation. The people of Texas want no regulations so this is what they get.

Their electricity is privatized. There are no regulations or any consequences for not upgrading and winterizing. There are suggestions. That's it.

So because it's all privatized profit is put first. Not human life. Thus people are dying in Texas because profit for a private company is more important.

That last time it happened the federal government did an assessment, gave the state a report of what is wrong and how to fix it. The state and the private companies did nothing.

This is going to keep happening because money is more important than human life in Texas.

The people of Texas aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again. The private companies aren't willing to pay what it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Yet where did the Texans run quickly run to first?

You guessed it, the federal government. Biden is sending help. I thought the scariest words in the English language were "I'm from the federal government and here to help." Whatever happened to that conservative "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and " take personal responsibility?"

The whole damned country is in this kind of shape for God's sakes.

Which other states are having the massive power outages that Texas is suffering through?
California every summer. For the same reasons. A misplaced belief in the hoax of global warming.
I have never seen a rolling black out. I don't know what one is. How do people live under these conditions? We would imprison anyone doing that.

How can one not let their water hose run non stop 24/7 and worry? My God what kind of life do some people live?????

If I could only wash my car on Tuesdays I'd move to NKorea.
Ask those idiot Republicans in Texas why they need them . Some body should vote their incompetent asses out of office. The hillarious thing about is it happened in before and their idiot asses had to be bailed out by Mexico. I repeat Mexico. Hillarious
This goes beyond Texas and what you cow murderers want to do with an already shit grid and system bogging it down with vehicles not ready for mass use for DECADES. Start governing and quit the TDS bullshit. He's no longer in office. Your first month has been pathetic governing. GOVERN!!!!!
They don't have it in them. Fact.

Yea we get it. You dinosaurs hate renewables, progress, and technology
Bloomberg (Green) advised Texans to rely on freaking windmills (stalled on ice) and solar energy (covered in a foot of snow). Now it costs more money to de-ice a windmill than it's potential productivity.

Why do they work so well in Russia, Denmark and European countries in their harsh winters?

Because they're not. Their "green energy" wind and solar aren't fucking working either.

Oh you mean that apologetic go along to get along GOP ??? You lefties have been brainwashing and virtue signaling for years now, and the weakend GOP fell for it all out of fear and weakness trying to just go along to get along. Well just like it is in the Democrat run cities, the people are the ones that suffer.

Yea we get it. You dinosaurs hate renewables, progress, and technology

Oh you mean that apologetic go along to get along GOP ??? You lefties have been brainwashing and virtue signaling for years now, and the weakend GOP fell for it all out of fear and weakness trying to just go along to get along. Well just like it is in the Democrat run cities, the people are the ones that suffer.
That's fucking lame.

Texas GOP assholes trying to get along with Dems?

YOU don't even believe that stupid shit

Maybe. I wonder how much money it would actually cost. I also found out this happens about once a decade, so it may be more beneficial than you think.

But if you're not going to prepare for these events, the least you could do is connect your grid to the rest of the country so that you can draw on other states for power.

Sure.... the lives of strangers costs them nothing after all.

Regardless of why red state texans added wind turbines to their power grid, the people that ordered the units, bought a product that was substandard to the needs of the intended application. Either through ignorance and an unwillingness to learn the necessary facts, arrogance in their own limited knowledge, or greed to keep profits up.

What ever the cause, the blame falls solely on the individuals or groups making the final decisions on the design specifications that led to the failures.

I read that the Texas power grid is totally independent. It's not in any way connected to other states, and because of that it's not regulated under interstate commerce, specifically the FERC has no regulatory authority in Texas.

Texas alone sets standards for their power infrastructure.

FERC, pursuant to the Energy Policy Act of 2005, finalized on February 2, 2006, landmark new rules on the certification of an Electric Reliability Organization and the procedures for the establishment, approval and enforcement of mandatory electric reliability standards.
Whenever their sh!t blows up in their faces, the right-wingers blame liberals. But, given the texans' hatred of regulations and being forced to do a job correctly, it's more than apparent that no liberal had any part in the design and building of the red state texans' pi$$ poor power grid.

not blaming liberals. That would blaming myself.. I'm blaming the heaping of MASSIVE SUBSIDIES causing a "bull rush" from folks capitalizing on the free money.. Rather than letting the ACTUAL state of technology advance and markets to adapt..

If everyone is being told by the mental midgets in Washington, that all plans should be adapted to a rapidly and perhaps fatally warming earth -- folks including corporations that SHOULD know better than to focus on those issues - go for the virtue points that come with virtue signaling their "green-ness". Not a horrid winter that's left me iced in on glacier with 6 inches of snow on top in Tenn.

Dont believe me? Go look at Cal ISO or the ERCOT website public pages and see where their green virtue bragging outweighs their preparedness for any contingency.. Texas in WINTER is just CAL ISO in the summertime with rolling black-outs and "mandated shutdowns" of companies and individuals on their grid to try and muddle thru.. Not JUST about Texas..

Last edited:
Would never have happened under Trump's watch.
Not only would it have happened under Trump's watch (Biden hasn't been in the WH long enough to have done anything about it), it probably would have been worse. Just look at Trump's appalling record with regard to COVID.
That's funny.
Joe was either sleeping, go karting, or celebrating unmasked since Jan 20th.
He's out of his depth.
Hope you have the stamina to defend him for 4 years.
Joe's doing a great job. Much better than the blob.
Yeah, 70'000 Covid dead.
Texas in blackouts.
Big gaping hole in Mexican border.
China given green light to continue with concentration camps.
Americans still waiting for bread crumbs Covid cheque.
Women's sports destroyed.
Anti White ethos returned to schools.

LOL...

Fake news.

Joe's doing a great job. Much better than your blob.
Thats a piss poor retort.
Well, considering what she was replying to, what did you expect?

Forum List

Back