Texas Utility Chairwoman Resigns Amid Rebukes And Fallout From Record-Breaking Storm

So according to the people who run and oversee the Texas electrical grid, the blackouts had nothing to do with wind turbines or the green new deal, which by the way isn't law or enacted by anyone, it was as has been said, they didn't winterize and didn't prepare for any problems caused by winter.

Their whole grid was on the verge of collapse.

Governor abbot hired her and she was paid over 200 thousand dollars a year.

Seems to me the people of Texas need to get a new governor and replace all the people who are in charge of their electrical grid. Those who are in charge now are total failures.

It was very cowardly of abbot and other republicans to lie about the cause of the mess.

The lies aside, the lack of regulation has resulted in enormous electric bills for some Texans, and Texas politicians, having refused to undertake the recommended measures, failed to defuse their ticking time bomb and inflicted unnecessary suffering and death as well as astronomical costs upon Texans.

Federal regulators warned Texas that its power plants couldn’t be counted on to reliably churn out electricity in bitterly cold conditions a decade ago, when the last deep freeze plunged 4 million people into the dark.
They recommended that utilities use more insulation, heat pipes and take other steps to winterize plants -- strategies commonly observed in cooler climates but not in normally balmy Texas...
As investigators probe the current power crisis in Texas, which has left millions of people without power or a promise of when it will be restored, questions are sure to be raised about how the state responded to the urgings from the 2011 analysis, issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the North America Electric Reliability Corporation, which sets reliability standards.
The February 2011 incident occurred when an Arctic cold front descended on the Southwest, sending temperatures below freezing for four days in a row. The result was disastrous. Equipment and instruments froze, forcing the shutdown of power plants and rolling blackouts, according to the report.

So according to the people who run and oversee the Texas electrical grid, the blackouts had nothing to do with wind turbines or the green new deal, which by the way isn't law or enacted by anyone, it was as has been said, they didn't winterize and didn't prepare for any problems caused by winter.

Their whole grid was on the verge of collapse.

Governor abbot hired her and she was paid over 200 thousand dollars a year.

Seems to me the people of Texas need to get a new governor and replace all the people who are in charge of their electrical grid. Those who are in charge now are total failures.

It was very cowardly of abbot and other republicans to lie about the cause of the mess.

We have too many outsiders in charge of the grid. Need to execute them.

Winterize... in Texas? What happened to manmade global climate warming change???
It's obviously happening. Anthropogenic climate change - 2020 being the second-hottest year on record after only 2016 - is resulting in the predicted weather extremes.

One of the most visible consequences of a warming world is an increase in the intensity and frequency of extreme weather events.

The GOP has been the party of lying AND liars for decades. Why else would the trump Nazis been so quick to make him their cult leader?

Their insatiable need for lies has made FOX Noise #1.

Yes I've been watching them lie through their teeth since nixon.

They have only gotten worse since then.
But, it's the a$$hole trump that became the god of the liars in the GOP, even though his non-stop playing fast and loose with the truth stole their entire right-wing nut voting base. Tricky Dick was an amateur compared to the a$$hole trump, and his Nazi-cultists love him for it.

Yes Nixon was a choir boy compared to trump.

I realized in the bush boy years that republican presidents have progressively gotten worse since Eisenhower.

The next republican president will be worse than trump.

I know it's hard to imagine what is worse than trump but I couldn't imagine what was worse than the bush boy.

That in itself, keeps me voting in every election.
Cruz and/or Hawley appear to be the current contenders for chief liar of the GOP. But the trump Nazis' racism will be the obstacle Cruz faces, due to his lack of complete whiteness.

Hawley, however, was a big hit with the trump Nazis nationwide, with his fist raised in solidarity with the insurrectionists on the morning of January 6. With his youth and open embrace of trump's fascism, he will quickly outpace Cruz with his popularity among trump's Nazis. In fact, with the many legal problems on the horizon for the a$$hole trump, that youth and fascist charisma projected by Hawley, could very well turn trump's Nazis into Hawley's Nazis before year's end.

Forum List

Back