Texas Utility Chairwoman Resigns Amid Rebukes And Fallout From Record-Breaking Storm

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
So according to the people who run and oversee the Texas electrical grid, the blackouts had nothing to do with wind turbines or the green new deal, which by the way isn't law or enacted by anyone, it was as has been said, they didn't winterize and didn't prepare for any problems caused by winter.

Their whole grid was on the verge of collapse.

Governor abbot hired her and she was paid over 200 thousand dollars a year.

Seems to me the people of Texas need to get a new governor and replace all the people who are in charge of their electrical grid. Those who are in charge now are total failures.

It was very cowardly of abbot and other republicans to lie about the cause of the mess.

So according to the people who run and oversee the Texas electrical grid, the blackouts had nothing to do with wind turbines or the green new deal, which by the way isn't law or enacted by anyone, it was as has been said, they didn't winterize and didn't prepare for any problems caused by winter.

Seems to me the people of Texas need to get a new governor and replace all the people who are in charge of their electrical grid. Those who are in charge now are total failures.

It was very cowardly of abbot and other republicans to lie about the cause of the mess.

“…the blackouts had nothing to do with wind turbines or the green new deal…”

Of course not.

No one believed that ridiculous rightwing lie.

Your link doesn't say this.

This makes 7 members of the Independent ERCOT Board who have resigned.....none of which lived in Texas.

Of course not.

The right wingers believe that lie.

Many of them are on this forum and I won't be surprised if some of their replies to the facts I posted will be answered with the lies that it was wind turbines and the green new deal.

Of course not.

Many of them are on this forum and I won't be surprised if some of their replies to the facts I posted will be answered with the lies that it was wind turbines and the green new deal.
Renewables make up 25% of energy production in Texas, and accounted for 39% of the failure.

Why the lies?

WUWT

“Wind was operating almost as well as expected”… A Texas-sized Energy Lie

LINK

She’s the chairman not a soviet energy czar

she should resign but its not all her fault

the Texas legislature writes the laws and she is responsible for enforcing those laws

so there is plenty of blame to go around

we’ll get to the bottom of this if libs will stop pissing in their pants and leave us alone

Last edited:

Of course not.

The breakdown for 16 February 2021:

MWh%
Wind Generation 73,3956%
Solar Generation 20,1342%
Hydro Generation 3,8330%
Other Generation 6820%
Natural gas Generation 759,70865%
Coal Generation 204,65518%
Nuclear Generation 98,3948%
Total 1,160,801100%
EIA

Wind has accounted for at least 20% of ERCOT’s February generation from 2016 to 2020.

ERCOT % Feb Generation From Wind
201110%
201211%
201313%
201410%
201512%
201620%
201723%
201825%
201924%
202026%
2021 (Feb 1-8)30%
2021 (Feb 9-18)8%
ERCOT Fuel Mix Report

Of course not.

No intelligent adults did.....make sure to clarify. There are those (idiots) who still believe in the Earth being flat, that Former President Obama wasn't born in the U.S. and that Individual One won the 2020 election.

It was a freak weather storm. No one was going to pay for “winterizing” all their power plants because that would cause their energy prices to soar. But everyone is a Monday morning quarterback, and claims they would had done it. I don’t recall any Dem candidates ever calling for that.

It was a freak weather storm. No one was going to pay for “winterizing” all their power plants because that would cause their energy prices to soar. But everyone is a Monday morning quarterback, and claims they would had done it. I don’t recall any Dem candidates ever calling for that.
It's not up to the Texas government, is it? I thought it was private energy companies that decided not to winterize because it would cut into profits?

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

The GOP has been the party of lying AND liars for decades. Why else would the trump Nazis been so quick to make him their cult leader?

Their insatiable need for lies has made FOX Noise #1.

Yes I've been watching them lie through their teeth since nixon.

They have only gotten worse since then.

The GOP has been the party of lying AND liars for decades. Why else would the trump Nazis been so quick to make him their cult leader?

But, it's the a$$hole trump that became the god of the liars in the GOP, even though his non-stop playing fast and loose with the truth stole their entire right-wing nut voting base. Tricky Dick was an amateur compared to the a$$hole trump, and his Nazi-cultists love him for it.

But, it's the a$$hole trump that became the god of the liars in the GOP, even though his non-stop playing fast and loose with the truth stole their entire right-wing nut voting base. Tricky Dick was an amateur compared to the a$$hole trump, and his Nazi-cultists love him for it.

Yes Nixon was a choir boy compared to trump.

I realized in the bush boy years that republican presidents have progressively gotten worse since Eisenhower.

The next republican president will be worse than trump.

I know it's hard to imagine what is worse than trump but I couldn't imagine what was worse than the bush boy.

That in itself, keeps me voting in every election.

Politicians who recieve moeny from industries, and then treat those industries better than their constituents are all 100% traitors, regardless of what party they belong to. And whenever such actions contribute to death and suffering, the punishment for that treason should be the maximum one.

Winterize... in Texas? What happened to manmade global climate warming change???

Politicians who recieve moeny from industries, and then treat those industries better than their constituents are all 100% traitors, regardless of what party they belong to. And whenever such actions contribute to death and suffering, the punishment for that treason should be the maximum one.

Yup all those officials were appointed by a republican governor.

All those involved should face our justice system.

Their actions caused the deaths of many people.

Forum List

Back