Texas Governor Welcomes Resignations Of 5 ERCOT Board Members

In related news.....

Texas AG Paxton and his felony indictments just returned back to Texas yesterday after being MIA since the beginning of this media storm.....

Paxton had a scheduled meeting with other AG’s in Utah

He actually went on a bullshit "let's take down big tech" crusade against Google......another lawsuit lead by Paxton that will fail..

I wonder if they talked about the joys of being an indicted Attorney General??

"Five board members of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas — the entity that manages and operates the electricity grid that covers much of Texas — will resign on Wednesday, according to a notice to the Public Utility Commission. A sixth has withdrawn his application to the board. All six live outside of Texas. The board has been criticized for last week's mass power outage during a winter storm that has claimed the lives of dozens of Texans. More than 4.5 million customers were without power at one point last week. Gov. Greg Abbott had called on ERCOT board members to resign in the aftermath of the crisis and said in a statement Tuesday that he welcomes their resignations, promising to investigate the grid operator."

This is all theater.....TO MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR -- ERCOT is not a state regulator. It is a group overseen by the TEXAS Public Utility Commission, a group that has escaped much of the scrutiny focused on ERCOT --- and the members of the Commission are appointed by who?? The Governor of Texas. Abbot is up for re-election in 2022 by the way....It's not going to be the cakewalk he thought it was....

This disaster is Enron 2.0, and since Texas wants to be it's own country, it couldn't borrow any electricity from neighboring states, as they are "off the grid". But let's blame windmills.
Texas can fix the problem. there is no perfection with humans. There is extremist stupidity however and corruption.

"Five board members of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas — the entity that manages and operates the electricity grid that covers much of Texas — will resign on Wednesday, according to a notice to the Public Utility Commission. A sixth has withdrawn his application to the board. All six live outside of Texas. The board has been criticized for last week's mass power outage during a winter storm that has claimed the lives of dozens of Texans. More than 4.5 million customers were without power at one point last week. Gov. Greg Abbott had called on ERCOT board members to resign in the aftermath of the crisis and said in a statement Tuesday that he welcomes their resignations, promising to investigate the grid operator."

This is all theater.....TO MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR -- ERCOT is not a state regulator. It is a group overseen by the TEXAS Public Utility Commission, a group that has escaped much of the scrutiny focused on ERCOT --- and the members of the Commission are appointed by who?? The Governor of Texas. Abbot is up for re-election in 2022 by the way....It's not going to be the cakewalk he thought it was....

I won't be surprised if the people of Texas reelect abbott.

They have voter suppression perfected in that state so it's pretty much a guarantee that the state will remain red.

There are 3 members on the PUC and all were appointed by gov abbott

so he is open for criticism there

but oversight of the electric grid ultimately falls on the Texas Legislature with writes the laws that the PUC enforces

at first I thought green energy was the culprit in all this and it wasnt

for that I deeply apologize to windmill hugging greenies everywhere

the problem was a once-in-a-100 year storm
I'm not a greenie, but I'm sure they will accept your apology....you manned up, thank you.

But, I don't think it is a once in 100 year event any more.... there was a 2011 incident, now this one....

How expensive can it be to winterize the equipment? Be boy scouts, be prepared.

It happened in 1989 too.

It's not a once in 100 year event.

After the 2011 one, the federal government investigated then issued a report on how Texas can make changes to prevent it happening again.

Texas ignored it and did absolutely nothing to prevent this from happening again.

This is the third time since 1989 it's happened.

I would be shocked if Texas actually took proper and responsible steps to correct this horrendous problem.

The lawsuits against ERCOT have already started. (I am in the know on that) It will be ass rape and they will pay dearly.

In related news.....

Texas AG Paxton and his felony indictments just returned back to Texas yesterday after being MIA since the beginning of this media storm.....

He actually went on a bullshit "let's take down big tech" crusade against Google......another lawsuit lead by Paxton that will fail..

You sure are filled with hate

paxton had nothing to do with the storm

In related news.....

You sure are filled with hate

paxton had nothing to do with the storm

Show me where I said this was Paxton's fault??

Wind and solar energy had nothing to do with the grid failure either.....

but it didn't stop morons from claiming it did.......

12.gif

Ercot runs the utilities within rules set by the PUC

And that authority is mandated by the legislature

Abbott is not to blame for what happened

But it is his responsibility to make sure it gets fixed

We can't help that Texas is so fucking awesome that MILLIONS flee to our beloved state from Democrat-run communist shit holes.

Being so fucking awesome indirectly puts a burden on the grid.

We can't help that Texas is so fucking awesome that MILLIONS flee to our beloved state from Democrat-run communist shit holes.

No one moves to Texas voluntarily, they move there because their corporation is lured there by ultra low taxes and absolutely no environmental regulations to worry about. Employees have to move there. Corporate is induced by the low taxes, and manufacturers and polluters love that they can pump their waste discharge directly into the river, no questions asked.

Hate to break it to you, but your state is a shithole, and it can't even keep its lights on and A/C running, it is so incompetently run by Republicans.

No one moves to Texas voluntarily
Somebody held a gun to their heads?
they move there because their corporation is lured there by ultra low taxes and absolutely no environmental regulations to worry about
Somebody's doing it right.
Corporate is induced by the low taxes, and manufacturers and polluters love that they can pump their waste discharge directly into the river, no questions asked.
Where do you get these fantasies? Is this what they teach in commie Cali schools to scare kids out of moving here?

We can't help being so fucking awesome. It's a burden.
:banana:

No one moves to Texas voluntarily, they move there because their corporation is lured there by ultra low taxes and absolutely no environmental regulations to worry about. Employees have to move there. Corporate is induced by the low taxes, and manufacturers and polluters love that they can pump their waste discharge directly into the river, no questions asked.

Hate to break it to you, but your state is a shithole, and it can't even keep its lights on and A/C running, it is so incompetently run by Republicans.
True...I only went to Texas because the Navy sent me there...........twice.

Of course......blame it on others. How's your grid now? Working well? Summer heat is here.
It already hit triple digits here in DFW area, and the AC is working just fine.

The Navy thinks Texas is so fucking awesome, it sends lots of people here.

TWICE

:laughing0301:

The Navy thinks Texas is so fucking awesome, it sends lots of people here.

TWICE

:laughing0301:
Once to Kingsville (quite a garden spot) and once to Corpus for flight training. Got out as soon as done.

Forum List

Back