Texas Governor Abbott sends "tanks" to the border to stop flow of illegals

Why are you such a fool? The cartels only use certain crossing points in the river because the water is too deep in many areas. Station the APCs at those points because that is where the cartels are trying to shoot CBP, National Guardsmen and Texas DPS officers.

The question is, why are YOU such a fool? There are a hell of a lot more crossings than what 10 APC's and 50 personnel can effectively stop. And, like I said, if one is blocked, all they have to do is use another one (and that's not counting the tunnels they have built. There are more ways to cross than just the river). For someone who was in the military, you sure are clueless.

The water is too deep in many areas? The Rio Grande?
Thats certainly an interesting statement.

The water is too deep in many areas? The Rio Grande?
Thats certainly an interesting statement.

Maximum depth of the river is 60 feet, and in many places it's only 6 to 16 feet deep.

Wonder where Abbot is going to send the gunboats to patrol? In many places of that river, it's too shallow for them to operate without running aground.

Illegals drown all the time, or haven't you notuced?

Water doesn't have to be deep for a person to drown. Depending on the water and the conditions it's in, you can drown in water that is not even as deep as your knees. Ever tried to ford a fast moving creek or river? I've been in water where it's not very deep, but running very fast, and can knock you off your feet and keep you from getting back up. Panic in a situation like that, and you're very likely to drown.

Really?? You think land mines on the border is a great idea?!
Does that kind of idea really surprise you? Are you so out of touch that you just imagine this insanity is going to go unfought? This country is on the verge of dissolution due to the scum in DC and when it falls, NONE OF US are going to have "won" any damned thing.

Water doesn't have to be deep for a person to drown. Depending on the water and the conditions it's in, you can drown in water that is not even as deep as your knees. Ever tried to ford a fast moving creek or river? I've been in water where it's not very deep, but running very fast, and can knock you off your feet and keep you from getting back up. Panic in a situation like that, and you're very likely to drown.

I never said it wasn't, but the Rio Grande is shallow in many places allowing illegals to walk across. There are also many spots where it is deep and they drown. The Rio Grande most of the time is a slow lazy river with not much current either.

Many illegals drown and their bodies are often never recovered. Remember the Texas National Guard soldier who drowned nd it took 4 days to recover his body A total of 23 illegals had drowned in the river near where he was lost.

That assumes facts not in evidence. There are lots of places to cross back and forth. The border has always been porous.

The visual of tanks going to the border to stop these savages.... is very appealing to me!:thup:

There is something so right and so poetically beautiful about it! :up:

Does that kind of idea really surprise you? Are you so out of touch that you just imagine this insanity is going to go unfought? This country is on the verge of dissolution due to the scum in DC and when it falls, NONE OF US are going to have "won" any damned thing.
You seem to have taken the bait. Fear is how the powerful controls the weak minded. Don’t fall for it. The country is doing just fine. Live your life and stopped buying into all the crap you hear on TV or the internet.

The APCs are fun, but those gunboats look like no joke. Somebody got a government grant!👍

The visual of tanks going to the border to stop these savages.... is very appealing to me!:thup:

There is something so right and so poetically beautiful about it! :up:

Do you have and concept as to how many tanks would be required to patrol an area that is over 1250 miles long? And, that's just the Texas/Mexico border. There are several other states (NM, AZ, CA) that would need them as well. I don't think there are enough tanks in the arsenal to do that, let alone, do that and protect US interests abroad.

Do you have and concept as to how many tanks would be required to patrol an area that is over 1250 miles long? And, that's just the Texas/Mexico border. There are several other states (NM, AZ, CA) that would need them as well. I don't think there are enough tanks in the arsenal to do that, let alone, do that and protect US interests abroad.

I didn't say actual tanks.

I said "the visual" of tanks!

The mental image of tanks at the border, stopping these savages, that's what is very satisfying!:04:

Forum List

Back