Texas Governor Abbott sends "tanks" to the border to stop flow of illegals

Do you have and concept as to how many tanks would be required to patrol an area that is over 1250 miles long? And, that's just the Texas/Mexico border. There are several other states (NM, AZ, CA) that would need them as well. I don't think there are enough tanks in the arsenal to do that, let alone, do that and protect US interests abroad.
We have about several thousand M1 tanks in storage in the California desert.

Well actually not "tanks", but M113 armored personnel carriers.

• Texas Governor Greg Abbott is deploying National Guard troops in M113 armored personnel carrier to various positions along the border
  • The news comes days after Abbott sent a letter to President Biden threatening to deploy gunboats and invoking a constitutional clause
  • Abbott invoked Article I Section 10 of the Constitution which forbids states from military action 'unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger'
  • Affectionately known as the 'battle taxi' by troops in the Army, the M113 is bulletproof and can withstand small explosions
  • The Texas Military Department said they ordered 10 of the vehicles and will train around 50 soldiers to operate them
  • Last month there were 230,678 recorded encounters between undocumented migrants and Border Patrol officers
Now Texas Governor Abbott sends TANKS to the border
:TH_WAY~113: He is doing the job biden won’t do.

Ooooo, I've never heard of this. Nice to know!

I think Abbott is a fuktard, but I am glad he's doing SOMETHING about the border!!!!

I think landmines all along the border would be a great start as well!!!!

How about a bounty payment for each dead illegal any Texan drags into the local police department?
The fact that only our resident troll unkotore hated this post proves you are spot on.:yes_text12::abgg2q.jpg:

:TH_WAY~113: He is doing the job biden won’t do.

Just out of curiosity, what "job" is going to get done with only 10 APCs and 50 NG personnel? You DO realize that the Texas border is 1250 miles long, and that NG personnel can't do squat against the people crossing the border? Trump tried that a while ago, and it ended up being a fiasco that didn't do anything other than cost the taxpayers money.

Just out of curiosity, what "job" is going to get done with only 10 APCs and 50 NG personnel? You DO realize that the Texas border is 1250 miles long, and that NG personnel can't do squat against the people crossing the border? Trump tried that a while ago, and it ended up being a fiasco that didn't do anything other than cost the taxpayers money.
What job is getting done? Impressing the doofuses in Texas who are impressed by machismo.

What job is getting done? Impressing the doofuses in Texas who are impressed by machismo.

I used to live there. Yes, they can be easily impressed. And, when Trump did it with several thousand, all it did was cost the taxpayer for a macho looking act that he tried to use for campaign purposes.

Last edited:
I used to live there. Yes, they can be easily impressed. And, when Trump did it with several thousand, all it did was cost the taxpayer for a macho looking act that he tried to use for campaign purposes.
I think he's positioning himself for a presidential run personally. This is the sort of non-sensical thing that gets the right wing loons excited.

Abbot needs to build a wall of dead invaders.

Thats the ONLY wall that will keep the rest of them away.

I mean seriously................isn't this what Kings and Queens used to do with those that invaded their countries???
I'm thinking VERY "old school" here.

Heads on pikes, invaders hanging from crosses, and walls of bodies?

I mean, the stench alone should drive them away. Plus, the masses of wild animals it would attract would probably also scare them off!!!

Forum List

Back