Texas Governor Abbott sends "tanks" to the border to stop flow of illegals

Well actually not "tanks", but M113 armored personnel carriers.

• Texas Governor Greg Abbott is deploying National Guard troops in M113 armored personnel carrier to various positions along the border
  • The news comes days after Abbott sent a letter to President Biden threatening to deploy gunboats and invoking a constitutional clause
  • Abbott invoked Article I Section 10 of the Constitution which forbids states from military action 'unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger'
  • Affectionately known as the 'battle taxi' by troops in the Army, the M113 is bulletproof and can withstand small explosions
  • The Texas Military Department said they ordered 10 of the vehicles and will train around 50 soldiers to operate them
  • Last month there were 230,678 recorded encounters between undocumented migrants and Border Patrol officers
Now Texas Governor Abbott sends TANKS to the border
The authoritarian right doesn’t even bother to hide its neo-fascist agenda anymore.

Did anyone responding to this thread even bother to read the linked article?

He's sending 10 APC's, and 50 troops.

Really? That's just a bunch of pandering to the extremists. That's not enough troops, nor enough vehicles to sufficiently cover even 10 miles of border. And, there's 1250 miles of border between Texas and Mexico.

Switzerland mines the roads at the borders. I don't see a problem with mining the borders.
The illegals would certainly get a BIG BANG out of that one, like first ya' see the illegals & then KABLOOOWIE then ya' don't!!!! BONUS; free body disposal to boot!

Oh give me some mines,
where the illegals roam,
& the mines go off all day!

Where seldom is heard,
a non panicked word,
as the illegals endlessly pray!

Good grief my fellow board members have converted ole peace loving smilin' Jack from a kid goat/fawn lover into an ordnance fanatic, words like personnel carriers, mines, .50 cal M-deuces & M2 mag catches have went to my head as I dream of the Alamo in reverse!

Just out of curiosity, what is sending 10 APCs and 50 troops to the border going to do? Especially when you consider that the last time troops were sent (like when Trump did it), they weren't allowed to do anything to stop them. Sorry, but this is just pandering to the extremists by Abbot, and a whole bunch of nothing since they can't do anything when they get sent there.

Yeah.............to some of the mindless extremists, this sounds like a good idea, but it's not effective, is a waste of taxpayer money and a pain in the ass for the troops that get sent there.

As far as mining the border like some have mentioned? Well, you DO know that antipersonnel landmines have been banned since 1997, right?

Sending troops is a useless, mindless gesture (especially in the anemic amount that Abbot is sending), and mining the border is against international conventions, as well as a stupid idea.

Ooooo, I've never heard of this. Nice to know!

I think Abbott is a fuktard, but I am glad he's doing SOMETHING about the border!!!!

I think landmines all along the border would be a great start as well!!!!

How about a bounty payment for each dead illegal any Texan drags into the local police department?

I’m not sure Oklahoma would let us place Landmines along the border with Texas to keep the crazies in the state.

Well actually not "tanks", but M113 armored personnel carriers.

• Texas Governor Greg Abbott is deploying National Guard troops in M113 armored personnel carrier to various positions along the border
  • The news comes days after Abbott sent a letter to President Biden threatening to deploy gunboats and invoking a constitutional clause
  • Abbott invoked Article I Section 10 of the Constitution which forbids states from military action 'unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger'
  • Affectionately known as the 'battle taxi' by troops in the Army, the M113 is bulletproof and can withstand small explosions
  • The Texas Military Department said they ordered 10 of the vehicles and will train around 50 soldiers to operate them
  • Last month there were 230,678 recorded encounters between undocumented migrants and Border Patrol officers
Now Texas Governor Abbott sends TANKS to the border

I drove an M113 as a US Army combat engineer for nearly three years. Let me tell you, they are not tanks, they are very semi-bulletproof, and you wouldn't want to be in one when explosions happen. Beyond that, they'll do about 35 going downhill if you're really lucky.

The authoritarian right doesn’t even bother to hide its neo-fascist agenda anymore.

Hey, what's that noise?

It sounds like helicopters....

RUN!!!

1668945533505.png

:laughing0301:

I drove an M113 as a US Army combat engineer for nearly three years. Let me tell you, they are not tanks, they are very semi-bulletproof, and you wouldn't want to be in one when explosions happen. Beyond that, they'll do about 35 going downhill if you're really lucky.

The vehicles they've been using require too much maintenance. Air filters keep having to be replaced from being clogged up with dust and sand. Plus there are too many places where a Humvee can't go, which is why they wanted the APC.

The vehicles they've been using require too much maintenance. Air filters keep having to be replaced from being clogged up with dust and sand. Plus there are too many places where a Humvee can't go, which is why they wanted the APC.

I say use heavily armed artillary drones with heat vision, so they can tell the cockroaches from wild animals.
You only need one base vehicle equipped with a couple of drone officers for every half mile or so.
One base vehicle with 4 drones going should be able to do whats necessary.

Of course, then again, these invaders are wildly stupid and beleve in all sorts of monsters.
Have the officers dress in some believable costumes and scare the living shit out of them. LMAO

ANYTHING to stop the invasion of the Welfare Snatchers!!!

I say use heavily armed artillary drones with heat vision, so they can tell the cockroaches from wild animals.
You only need one base vehicle equipped with a couple of drone officers for every half mile or so.

Of course, then again, these invaders are wildly stupid and beleve in all sorts of monsters.
Have the officers dress in some believable costumes and scare the living shit out of them. LMAO

ED209s spread out along the border.

But instead Abbott sent 3 APCs and 50 troops.

That will for sure have the same effect.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

But instead Abbott sent 3 APCs and 50 troops.

That will for sure have the same effect.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Where are you seeing "3 APCs"? Wasn't it ten?

The 50 troops were for the operation and maintenence for the vehicles. They're mainly meant to transport the Border Patrol agents to areas they can't reach with the Humvees.

To me the best way to stop all the welfare immigration (other than the way Trump did it) is to send a few attack helicopters to strafe the little shitheads.

After we killed a few dozen of the shitheads the rest will get the message and stay at home.

Forum List

Back