Texas Drop Boxes

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
Can someone explain to me what the big deal about only having one drop box per county in Texas is about?

According to AARP, (first website I found with the information on absentee voting I clicked on), :

"Texans can register to vote by mail or in person. The secretary of state's website has an online voter registration portal that lets you fill out, print out and mail in your application. You can also pick up an application from your county's voter registrar or request that the registrar send you a postage-paid registration package in the mail. Libraries, high schools and government offices in Texas should also have registration forms available to mail in."

Seems you can have your mailman pick them up, you can drop them in any mailbox in your area, drop them off at the Post Office, or, I assume, at the local Election Office.

Taking them to the only ballot box in the county is a choice, not a necessity.

I can only assume the same is true in most, if not all, other states.

So, why are politicians making a big deal of it?

Can someone explain to me what the big deal about only having one drop box per county in Texas is about?

According to AARP, (first website I found with the information on absentee voting I clicked on), :

"Texans can register to vote by mail or in person. The secretary of state's website has an online voter registration portal that lets you fill out, print out and mail in your application. You can also pick up an application from your county's voter registrar or request that the registrar send you a postage-paid registration package in the mail. Libraries, high schools and government offices in Texas should also have registration forms available to mail in."

Seems you can have your mailman pick them up, you can drop them in any mailbox in your area, drop them off at the Post Office, or, I assume, at the local Election Office.

The Democrats probably want as many Drop Boxes as possible as it helps their Mail-In Ballot Harvesting Scheme, this is the only reason I can think of why they would be freaking out so much about there only being one Drop Box per County.

Let's have a Texan explain it to you.

Diane is a voter in Harris County, and she's disgusted that 4.7 million people only have 1 dropbox.

Diane is a voter in Harris County, and she's disgusted that 4.7 million people only have 1 dropbox.

Not answering my question.

is that the ONLY place she can turn in her ballot?

Last edited:

Diane looks like a typical Leftist, she appears very Passive-Aggressive and has that whining quality that Leftist women all seem to have.

is that the ONLY place she an turn in her ballot?
No, but as we have learned, the post office is not necessarily the most reliable. Dropping it off directly to a box maintained by the board of elections is a more direct and reliable means of getting the ballot where it belongs.

Diane looks like a typical Leftist, she appears very Passive-Aggressive and has that whining quality that Leftist women all seem to have.
She's a Republican.

Republican Voters Against Trump- 172K subscribers & counting

No, but as we have learned, the post office is not necessarily the most reliable. Dropping it off directly to a box maintained by the board of elections is a more direct and reliable means of getting the ballot where it belongs.

Sound like a personal opinion.

I'm not in Texas, but I got my ballot in the mail on Saturday, spent Sunday reviewing it, and had it in the mailbox Monday ready to go out.

3 days later, I verified online it had been received by the Elections Office, and was accepted.

I brought this up, because Senator Durbin brought it up at the confirmation hearing.

and the wife and I couldn't figure out what it has to do with the confirmation.

She's a Republican.

Well if she's voting against Donald Trump she is voting for a Neo-Marxist Agenda, which is what the Democrat Party are offering and so she cannot be considered a Republican, she certainly cannot be considered any type of Conservative as NO Conservative would vote for the Democrat Agenda.

I'm not in Texas, but I got my ballot in the mail on Saturday, spent Sunday reviewing it, and had it in the mailbox Monday ready to go out.

3 days later, I verified online it had been received by the Elections Office, and was accepted.

I brought this up, because Senator Durbin brought it up at the confirmation hearing.

Durbin brought it up for lack of anything better

Throw shit at a wall until something sticks.

Sure. But what's the reason to make it harder for people to return their ballot to a drop box if that's what they want to do?

Sure. But what's the reason to make it harder for people to return their ballot to a drop box if that's what they want to do?

Why have any dropboxes?

You receive and send mail from your house, you can drop it of at numerous locations around town, at the Post office itself, at the Elections office/town hall, etc.

Personally, all this brouhaha seems to be a scare tactic.

Promoted by.......

(Guess who)

Why have any dropboxes?

You receive and send mail from your house, you can drop it of at numerous locations around town, at the Post office itself, at the Elections office/town hall, etc.

Promoted by.......

(Guess who)
Because it's a way for people to return their ballots in a safe and effective way that bypasses potential complications in the mail.

This wouldn't have been an issue, the local election boards were putting drop boxes up before the governor shut it down. The person making it an issue was Abbott and there seems to be no logical reason for his actions.

Libs were very excited a few days ago when one of their federal judges ordered the governor of Texas to open more drop boxes

but as I suspected the partisan democrat federal judge was overruled by a higher court

that judge should be removed from the bench

Why have any dropboxes?

Promoted by.......

(Guess who)
Because it's a way for people to return their ballots in a safe and effective way that bypasses potential complications in the mail.

This wouldn't have been an issue, the local election boards were putting drop boxes up before the governor shut it down. The person making it an issue was Abbott and there seems to be no logical reason for his actions.

This wouldn't have been an issue,

It still isn't.
Drop boxes have been around for decades.

1602693349590.png
1602693429544.png

They still work, they are still effective, and still safe, despite the fearmongering of the Left.

Why have any dropboxes?

Promoted by.......

(Guess who)

It still isn't.

View attachment 401506View attachment 401507

They still work, they are still effective, and still safe, despite the fearmongering of the Left.
So why did Abbott issue his little order?

Why have any dropboxes?

Promoted by.......

(Guess who)

It still isn't.

View attachment 401506View attachment 401507

So why did Abbott issue his little order?

No idea.

I'm still trying to figure out why they have to have a dedicated drop box for ballots.

Use them for approximately 30 days every 2 years, then warehouse them.

waste of time and money.

She's a Republican.

A) I don't think she is a Republican.

B) Pretty sure her name is Karen, it isn't Diane.

Forum List

Back