TEST--- are you a CONSERVATIVE or a LIBERAL????

I don't need to take a test, I know who I am. I am an American. which means I hold conservatism close to my heart and do all I can to live the principles in my own life, never forcing anyone to make a choice that is against their will, if in fact their will has not already been stolen away by government and political correctness

The will of the majority of the American people has just been ignored by this President, the Democratic held congress and the democratic held senate. That's going to change in 8 months when conservatives win back the house and the senate in the 2010 elections. That's my prediction.

And just what is it you think they will do to improve the situation? I'd love to hear what their platform is. If you know, kindly elaborate so that we can all get excited about the "changes in Washington." Thus far, it's been a big fat zero, other than to threaten to overturn the health care bill. Apparently, the cons in Washington don't even realize how lengthy a process that would be, and then when Obama vetoes it (should it come to pass), they would need 67 Senate votes to override his veto. Do they honestly think they're going to win that big a majority in November?

C'mon!! Let's hear it from Repubicans/Conservatives!!! Show me your hopey-changey ideas (ones that will actually work, that is).

Yeah early in the morning having your ass sitting on the forum. Just don't get overworked. Meanwhile enjoy my liberal dollars saving your conservative butt.

Your understanding of the unemployment system is very poor. First, Immie's previous employer paid into the system for just such an emergency. "Your" dollars have nothing to do with it. "Your" dollars are going to liberal, probably never worked, asses. Our poster in question had a job. Currently they are in a position they can't help those liberal asses. Selling weed on the corner really isn't considered work Kex.

What a bunch of crap. And you cons wonder why you get 'personally' attacked by someone like Kex? Take a look at your own absurd accusations.

You want to lay down some new ground rules THAT YOU YOURSELF WILL FOLLOW, or agree to leave USMB, I might agree. I take your, "look at our own absurd accusations", to mean Kex was out of line. If so, you got the point of my quoted post.

midcan must have just returned from a Biden intro to an 0bama victory rally.

My guess is he just read the opening post. You know, the one with that moronic set of assumptions.

Opening post? You mean the HUMOROUS set of generalizations? You angry? Not turning into some type of violent left winger I hope.

Except that that kind of crap isn't posted as "humor," my friend. You know it and I know it. There are plenty of other blanket appraisals here (yours are a perfect example) which denigrate all liberals as being slackers. I frankly take issue with being labeled a "liberal" just because I'm not a conservative by today's new standards.

Your understanding of the unemployment system is very poor. First, Immie's previous employer paid into the system for just such an emergency. "Your" dollars have nothing to do with it. "Your" dollars are going to liberal, probably never worked, asses. Our poster in question had a job. Currently they are in a position they can't help those liberal asses. Selling weed on the corner really isn't considered work Kex.

What a bunch of crap. And you cons wonder why you get 'personally' attacked by someone like Kex? Take a look at your own absurd accusations.

I am not sure if you are including me in "you cons", but I did not attack Kex, nor do I generally attack any liberal on this site nor did I ask for sympathy from anyone. I made a statement about being on unemployment for the time being and quite truthfully, I am embarrassed to even mention the fact that I lost my job. But, I did not attack him although I responded a bit harshly after he came after me.

Kex had some words for me as if I had something against people on Welfare. I don't unless they are abusing the system and could actually be out working, but I am not opposed to Welfare.

I am not sure what point Kex was trying to get across. Unfortunately, it seems that he had to leave for a while. I'd like to continue the conversation when he gets back.

But, I did not attack him or mock people on Welfare.

Immie

I think you know to whom I directed that comment. You are usually more clear thinking. An exception, for sure.

I don't need to take a test, I know who I am. I am an American. which means I hold conservatism close to my heart and do all I can to live the principles in my own life, never forcing anyone to make a choice that is against their will, if in fact their will has not already been stolen away by government and political correctness

The will of the majority of the American people has just been ignored by this President, the Democratic held congress and the democratic held senate. That's going to change in 8 months when conservatives win back the house and the senate in the 2010 elections. That's my prediction.

And just what is it you think they will do to improve the situation? I'd love to hear what their platform is. If you know, kindly elaborate so that we can all get excited about the "changes in Washington." Thus far, it's been a big fat zero, other than to threaten to overturn the health care bill. Apparently, the cons in Washington don't even realize how lengthy a process that would be, and then when Obama vetoes it (should it come to pass), they would need 67 Senate votes to override his veto. Do they honestly think they're going to win that big a majority in November?

C'mon!! Let's hear it from Repubicans/Conservatives!!! Show me your hopey-changey ideas (ones that will actually work, that is).

Obviously, you have not been paying as much attention as you state you have. On health care. The Republican Plan.

1. Tort reform. Savings estimated 385 billion a year.
2. Open competition among the states. Competition drives down costs.
3. HSA's Pre-tax dollars on health savings plans.
4. Promote catastrophic, high deductible plans.
5. Allow small business to group. 76% of Americans employed by small business yet there is no group they can join.
6. Legislate on Pre-exisiting conditions.
7.. Legislate on Portability.
8. Subsidize the poor- which we already do- it's called Medicaid.

Last edited:
There are not many conservatives that are on welfare, if they are it's a very temporary solution, we beleive in smaller government and more importantly we absolutely believe in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. and paying our own way through hard work, etc. Something that totally evades the liberal mindset.:cuckoo::cuckoo: The liberals have their hands out everytime they turn around. They look for others to provide for their every need.

" A government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. " Thomas Jefferson

Another 2%-er who offers up a blanket appraisal of around 150,000,000 people who don't participate in right wing groupthink.

Actually, it's only about 20 to 30% of the population who identifies themselves as liberals and 40% who identify themselves as conservatives in their ideology. The other 30% is somewhere in the middle. What's apparent is that we have a congress, a senate, a President who is only representing 30 % of the population and they will pay a very heavy price for that come November and again in 2012.

This is a middle, right country, it is now and it has always been so.

Again with the "liberals" identity which hardly represents ALL people left of center, or even directly in the middle. You might enjoy reading what all the polls have to say about which party they trust, however, which pokes several holes in your assumption.

Institutions (2)

There are not many conservatives that are on welfare, if they are it's a very temporary solution, we beleive in smaller government and more importantly we absolutely believe in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. and paying our own way through hard work, etc. Something that totally evades the liberal mindset.:cuckoo::cuckoo: The liberals have their hands out everytime they turn around. They look for others to provide for their every need.

" A government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. " Thomas Jefferson

Another 2%-er who offers up a blanket appraisal of around 150,000,000 people who don't participate in right wing groupthink.

Actually, it's only about 20 to 30% of the population who identifies themselves as liberals and 40% who identify themselves as conservatives in their ideology. The other 30% is somewhere in the middle. What's apparent is that we have a congress, a senate, a President who is only representing 30 % of the population and they will pay a very heavy price for that come November and again in 2012.

This is a middle, right country, it is now and it has always been so.

?Conservatives? Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s

And this my dears is why we as a country will make sure that LIBERALS are NEVER in a POSITION to write law AGAIN.

Last edited:

You want to lay down some new ground rules THAT YOU YOURSELF WILL FOLLOW, or agree to leave USMB, I might agree. I take your, "look at our own absurd accusations", to mean Kex was out of line. If so, you got the point of my quoted post.

I have never, ever made such comparable dumb statements like "selling weed on the corner isn't considered work". Would you like to try again?

My guess is he just read the opening post. You know, the one with that moronic set of assumptions.

Opening post? You mean the HUMOROUS set of generalizations? You angry? Not turning into some type of violent left winger I hope.

Except that that kind of crap isn't posted as "humor," my friend. You know it and I know it. There are plenty of other blanket appraisals here (yours are a perfect example) which denigrate all liberals as being slackers. I frankly take issue with being labeled a "liberal" just because I'm not a conservative by today's new standards.

I got to go, so here's what I have to say MaggieMae. I truly think the first post was funny and meant to be such. I really hope you count me among your USMB friends. I certainly extend my apologies to Kex if he was offended by my post. I was making a point about his post. Labels are just silly. Enjoy the afternoon.

Is staring at large racks a Conservative, or a Liberal trait?

i dont give a shit what it is...i look...and i dont really care what political persuasion she is....i look....i would even look if Pelosi was showing cleavage.....am i sick?.....do i have a problem?....do i need therapy?.....:eusa_eh:

No--you are a normal male. There is nothing wrong nor sick about those things.

What is psychologically cruel is how women try to pretend that there is something wrong with men while all the time laughing at how they throw us into confusion! A case in point of mental cruelness is DIS! She is twisted for displaying a busty avatar and asking the question"Is staring at bust liberal or conservative?"

Well let me tell you--staring at a womans breast is BIPARTISAN!!

and a centrist like me loves Bipartanship!!

Obviously, you have not been paying as much attention as you state you have. On health care. The Republican Plan.

1. Tort reform. Savings estimated 385 billion a year.
2. Open competition among the states. Competition drives down costs.
3. HSA's Pre-tax dollars on health savings plans.
4. Promote catastrophic, high deductible plans.
5. Allow small business to group. 76% of Americans employed by small business yet there is no group they can join.
6. Legislate on Pre-exisiting conditions.
7.. Legislate on Portability.
8. Subsidize the poor- which we already do- it's called Medicaid.

Some of those are already in the final bill: Numbers 2, 4, 5 (those insurers have yet to be identified), 6, 7, 8 (includes only poverty-level income eligibility). Tort reform savings is a number plucked from specific doctors in high risk areas, and no way in hell represents what medical malpractice insurance costs as a whole.

By the way, just so you'll know, I have to sign off now and won't be back until sometime tomorrow after 10AM. I know you'll be looking for me at 3AM, but don't bother.

I am not sure if you are including me in "you cons", but I did not attack Kex, nor do I generally attack any liberal on this site nor did I ask for sympathy from anyone. I made a statement about being on unemployment for the time being and quite truthfully, I am embarrassed to even mention the fact that I lost my job. But, I did not attack him although I responded a bit harshly after he came after me.

Kex had some words for me as if I had something against people on Welfare. I don't unless they are abusing the system and could actually be out working, but I am not opposed to Welfare.

I am not sure what point Kex was trying to get across. Unfortunately, it seems that he had to leave for a while. I'd like to continue the conversation when he gets back.

But, I did not attack him or mock people on Welfare.

Immie

I think you know to whom I directed that comment. You are usually more clear thinking. An exception, for sure.

I thought so, but was interested in continuing the discussion on welfare and my unemployment. I would like to see Kex return. It has been too long since there was a good political discussion on something besides Health Care Reform.

I do like that "usually" you threw in there though! :D

Immie

Which side of the fence

If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn’t buy one--unless some one tries to assinate his favorite politician, like Ronald Reagan, then they Throw in an assualt rifle ban and blame leftist!!

If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed--until they are mugged by some punk and the next thing they want is to shoot all the punks in the streets!

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life--forever in the closet

If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect--while running a gay prostitute ring out of his apartment

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation--then shoot up a "liberal church" after his unemployment runs out!

A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him--while looking into how to become America's Next idol!!

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels--or send a hateful letter to the hosts explianing why they are idiots for embracing "Soci(a)lism!!"

Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down--all so that they can rally their leftist buddies into a frenzy and go vote Dem!!

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church--and he tells jokes about christians

A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)--all the while saying God damn you christians!!

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it--or is S**T out of luck if he can't find either!!

A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his--while living large off of the America's Teat!

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh--Not any more

A liberal will delete it because he's "offended"--More so due to what I added

Well, I forwarded it.

$

I gave the post a centrist flare. Down with Extremism!! Down with Liberal/Conservaitive Politics!!:razz:

I think it is fair to suggest that these programs will have to face some cuts in a mutual sharing of the burden. I also think it is a completely different set of circumstances when you throw people who worked and earned a benefit that they also paid into in many cases, up against entitlements with no work or sacrifice required. Do you think you could that least make that distinction RW?

Of course......But all these programs still put a burden on the taxpayer. Want to offer up your military pension or VA benefits? Want to offer up a cut in your Social Security check or Medicare benefits while you scream in protest about Government spending?

But we all know that is not what they are so voicefully protesting. They are protesting against benefits that others will receive, but they don't need

I disagree with you both. Government cut spending or any programs at all? I don't see that happening. We'll be lucky if they simply reduce the percentage of increases in the annual budget from year to year on any major programs at all.

Immie

This is the critical point that must be address sooner rather than later. In matters of healthcare reform, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, and ALL other government programs, we are broke. We have no money in the bank and we have a huge mortgage that is accruing principle and interest at an alarming rate. If we continue this way the entire nation will eventually be 'under water'. The economists will long be writing of the disastrous consequences of trying to 'spend ourselves rich'.

Democrats have long accused Republicans of cutting budgets when actually the budget was increased. In Democrat speak, a budget cut is spending less than the Democrats want to spend. Works for them too. If they move the water from the deep end to the shallow end they brag about reducing the amount in the deep end and sort of leave out the part that the total amount is not changed. And if they spend as much as they want but not as much as they might want, to them that's saving the taxpayer money.

I think I've used this analogy before. If I buy a mop on sale for $10 instead of the listed price of $20, I have not saved $10. I have spent $10. The only way to save $10 is to put it in the bank.

They won't have to cut spending once they pass a Value Added Tax (VAT) just like all the civilized countries in Europe do. This will add probably 13-20% on everything we buy. Yes, the good times are coming with this deficit issue.

Gee asswipe, I attended a Tea Party last year. I met another Retired Military person and stood there with him and an old friend I ran into who was medically retired during Nam. I think your math has a hole in it.

wrong asswipe, sarge, i have no problem with our government's policies for retirees, whether millitary or otherwise. at your teaparty, however, like it or not, you were surrounded by people who didnt comprehend the mechanics by which all of your retirement benefits and compensation for active service was made possible.

the extent that the movement has taken the minimalist government banner is a joke, and despite you potentially not subscribing to the all the rhetoric, you are banded with people protesting against what makes your retirement solvent and helps to keep our economy going.

What? You have accused all tea party members of being out of work losers, and then come up with this line of Bull? The Tea party has great respect for the military and retirees, half of them fall into those categories. The others? I don't know what they do or don't do. Today many of them are probably on Unemployment. A system that their former employers paid into. And I'm glad you believe my retirement is solvent because I worry about which benefits the Democrats will take away from retired military next.

couldnt all be out of work. couldnt all be losers. couldnt all be racists. couldnt all be so ignorant as to not recognize the correllation between their lifestyle, their jobs (active or otherwise), and their benefits 'earned' or entitled... and the way our government functions through taxation and expenditure to make it so. couldnt all be 16th amendment abolitionist anti-entitlement entitlement beneficiaries who say the government is the problem, then look to the government as the solution. could they have all missed that progressively-taxed, entitlement-heavy, neo-keynesian governments are the only ones with pensions for their soldiers and retirees?

believe me, im not judging every individual in your tparty thing from the collective logic as i see it above, however, the contradictions in that logic and what i presume is ignorance that catalyzes it remains.

...at least enough to call bullshit when someone presumes conservatives receiving entitlements arent loud and anti-government. <--- thats the demographic who loves the tparty, right along and among your military and retired folks.

They won't have to cut spending once they pass a Value Added Tax (VAT) just like all the civilized countries in Europe do. This will add probably 13-20% on everything we buy. Yes, the good times are coming with this deficit issue.

our tax system already works like a VAT, but by incentivizing expenditure, rather than taxing it directly.

deductions anyone?

wrong asswipe, sarge, i have no problem with our government's policies for retirees, whether millitary or otherwise. at your teaparty, however, like it or not, you were surrounded by people who didnt comprehend the mechanics by which all of your retirement benefits and compensation for active service was made possible.

the extent that the movement has taken the minimalist government banner is a joke, and despite you potentially not subscribing to the all the rhetoric, you are banded with people protesting against what makes your retirement solvent and helps to keep our economy going.

What? You have accused all tea party members of being out of work losers, and then come up with this line of Bull? The Tea party has great respect for the military and retirees, half of them fall into those categories. The others? I don't know what they do or don't do. Today many of them are probably on Unemployment. A system that their former employers paid into. And I'm glad you believe my retirement is solvent because I worry about which benefits the Democrats will take away from retired military next.

couldnt all be out of work. couldnt all be losers. couldnt all be racists. couldnt all be so ignorant as to not recognize the correllation between their lifestyle, their jobs (active or otherwise), and their benefits 'earned' or entitled... and the way our government functions through taxation and expenditure to make it so. couldnt all be 16th amendment abolitionist anti-entitlement entitlement beneficiaries who say the government is the problem, then look to the government as the solution. could they have all missed that progressively-taxed, entitlement-heavy, neo-keynesian governments are the only ones with pensions for their soldiers and retirees?

believe me, im not judging every individual in your tparty thing from the collective logic as i see it above, however, the contradictions in that logic and what i presume is ignorance that catalyzes it remains.

...at least enough to call bullshit when someone presumes conservatives receiving entitlements arent loud and anti-government. <--- thats the demographic who loves the tparty, right along and among your military and retired folks.

There is a kind of disconnect here. You seem to criticize conservatives for benefitting from government programs even as they object to those very programs or principles of government that create them.

One of many components of conservativism is that it often acts against its own interests in order to embrace a higher principle. The Colonists certainly did when they decided to rid themselves from the authority of, and therefore any protection or other benefits of, the mother land. In fact they risked everything in their willingness to take their freedom by force.

Likewise, many conservatives are willing to give up certain deductions, tax credits, and various forms of security and guarantees in order to have more personal freedom over their assets and property and more options and opportunities available to them.

The fact that conservatives take advantage of such in the meantime is not damning nor hypocritical. They have had personal freedoms, assets, property, options, and opportunities taken from them by the government so that the government could give them some of that back.

The conservatives in the Tax Protest groups, Tea Parties, and similar groups, like the Founders generation did way back then, are demanding the right to govern themselves and take power of their own destinies. They do not want government to have the power to determine how their lives will be. Those who value security and what appears to be freebies more than they value their freedom of course despise the freedom movements.

haha, yeah, guess who's paying those taxes.

They may as well make it easier for us and increase the income tax rate.

Immie

Forum List

Back