Teaching a balanced view of the Holocaust in Texas

I'd sure like to know what the "other side" is.

I'll bet the Trumpsters could tell us.
The Holocaust is not a current event or a matter of current public policy. Here's the law:
HB3979

1. no teacher shall be compelled by a policy of any state agency, school district, campus, open-enrollment charter school, or school administration to discuss current events or widely debated and currently controversial issues of public policy or social affairs;

2. teachers who choose to discuss current events or widely debated and currently controversial issues of public policy or social affairs shall, to the best of their ability, strive to explore such issues from diverse and contending perspectives without giving deference to any one perspective;

You fell for the leftist dog whistle.

The Holocaust is not a current event or a matter of current public policy. Here's the law:
HB3979

1. no teacher shall be compelled by a policy of any state agency, school district, campus, open-enrollment charter school, or school administration to discuss current events or widely debated and currently controversial issues of public policy or social affairs;

2. teachers who choose to discuss current events or widely debated and currently controversial issues of public policy or social affairs shall, to the best of their ability, strive to explore such issues from diverse and contending perspectives without giving deference to any one perspective;

... which, of course, has nothing to do with my post.

I'd sure like to know what the "other side" is.

I'll bet the Trumpsters could tell us.
That depends on what is being taught about slavery

If the lib “educators” are pounding the idea that whites owned slaves and therefor whites were (and still are) bad people I would object to that

If we took a survey of graduating seniors how many could accurately say what percentage of whites owned slaves in 1860?

I bet the number of students who know would be pretty low

The recent attacks just today against the Bill of Rights is evidence that a balanced view is not being taught in US and british public schools

Let me ask you a question Turtleshit, is CRT taught in K-12 education?
Apparently---when you have racist teachers trying to sneak it in with things like putting books in their classroom claiming such shit...Illlegally I might add. Stupid woke racist teachers so desperate to convince kids and others that they are victims based on what happened and has been spun no less from 150 years ago. Tired of the emotional manipulative agenda---trying to make whites hated and insecure so they allow others to abuse them and destroy the country isn't helping anyone---

HB3979

Thats a great point

I thank you for myself and Mac1958 for pointing that out

... which, of course, has nothing to do with my post.
Oh, okay. We'll go with your post and ignore the law these educators are bitching about in the OP.

There is no serious "other side." It's not widely disputed that the Holocaust happened. Holocaust deniers are akin to flat earthers. No amount of evidence will convince them.

There. How's that?

Fantastic!
Thank you.

Do you disagree with this portion of the law (the portion the educator in the OP is bitching about)?

Seems to be a fair way to deal with controversial current events, don't you agree?

Thank you.

Do you disagree with this portion of the law (the portion the educator in the OP is bitching about)?

Seems to be a fair way to deal with controversial current events, don't you agree?
I wasn't aware there was another side to the Holocaust. That's all.

What is it?

Plenty after they were freed. You people always forget that slavery was legal. That was remedied.
So they had to wait a century to see a limited benefit ? And then another century to be clear of Jim Crow.
Are you for fucking real ? The brits were freeing slaves who fought on their side and the slaves would have been better off killing washington and the other slavers and fighting with the brits. Your constitution was a big fat nothing for Black folks..

I wasn't aware there was another side to the Holocaust. That's all.

What is it?
Some kooks think it didn't happen. What else can I say?

Others correctly point out that a lot of information about the extent of the Holocaust is often ignored or misrepresented, particularly surrounding homosexuals and disabled people.

Regardless, the Holocaust is not a currently controversial issue, so it really doesn't apply to the law. But, even if it did, presenting the ridiculous opposing view that the Holocaust did not happen can be easily discredited, without the need for a teacher's biased position one way or another, simply by showing photographs and letting students decide for themselves what to believe.
:dunno:

It's a dog whistle at best.

So they had to wait a century to see a limited benefit ? And then another century to be clear of Jim Crow.
Are you for fucking real ? The brits were freeing slaves who fought on their side and the slaves would have been better off killing washington and the other slavers and fighting with the brits. Your constitution was a big fat nothing for Black folks..
You assumed that the blacks freed by the Brits went on to be able to support themselves and families ...........

Many of the people against slavery wanting to free their slaves, did not, because the slaves would not have been able to support themselves if freed pumpkin.

And it's a big fat win for everyone now, so go fuck your limey self and suck our big fat American dicks before we beat your brit ass a third time.

Forum List

Back