Surprise! Walmart health plan is cheaper, offers more coverage than Obamacare

So you admit that the rightwing rag Washington Examiner lied. Explain that to the rest of these people.
lied about what...?
they said Walmart is providing better provider coverage at a lower cost to the people.....versus what Obamacare is providing....is that a wrong conclusion...?

You can't calculate the cost of Walmart insurance because people are paying for most of it with labor.

The article was comparing the employee's cash contribution towards his Walmart insurance vs. the full cost of an insurance policy on the exchange.

That's an absurd apples to oranges comparison.

sure you can. the cost of their labor is the wage they are paying for,

I am also sure that if one wants to one might easily find how much is Walmart paying for their employees insurance as it is obviously an expenditure and is reflected in their accountant books :D
I am just too lazy to look for it on the web.
But as with any big employer - they basically act as underwriters themselves.

Last edited:
Average pay 8.81$ an hour. Most employees make less than 25k a year....maybe they can put out another box for gifts for the employees like they did around Christmas...can't be paying them to much now can we!? They are the ultimate example of capitalism and its threat to a sane society.

No one makes a person work at Walmart.
The majority of the people who work there do not have skill levels that would command a higher salary. For the most part, it is a self service store.
You don't have to shop at Walmart. But I bet you do.

You gonna give them better jobs? Thought not. No I shop at K Mart.EVERYONE deserves a living wage especially when 6 of the Walton's who own Wal Mart are worth over 100 billion! Yet their workers can't make ends meet. Good ole Capitali$m baby! getting rich off the backs of the poor.

I knew you had low standards, but...KMart? SERIOUSLY?!?!

I don't see why yo think you should shove this news into liberals faces. As a liberal am I supposed to be like "oh my god! Wal Mart is supposed to be evil!"

Good. Good for Wal Mart and good for the employees.

It's interesting you equate ObamaCare coverage to generosity. If the law changed and allowed for better, more expensive insurance plans, you wouldn't stop bitching over it. I seriously doubt you would actually praise ObamaCare's generosity.

Government generosity always comes out of someone else's hide. Walmart's insurance didn't cost anyone who doesn't work at Walmart a dime.

Which is why criticizing ObamaCare for its lack of generosity is both stupid and hypocritical.

We criticize Obamacare because it's a fucking ripoff.

"Generosity" to people who don't pay isn't something I look for in a health insurance plan.

How do you make government do the right thing, Fakey?

Through the constitutional and electoral process that you as an anarchist you reject.

except the Walmart plans were there BEFORE this obamacare crap and they were then better and are now even MUCH BETTER than obamacare exchange plans.

no pressure led to that - Walmart is an example of vilification from the left.
and it's coverage is better because they do not have unionized labor.

:lol: links. I will help you now. No, they weren't' better then, but it's good Wal-Mart took the nod and got right to an extent with their associates.

Vox, you are not an anarchist, but you are a neo-corporatist, so your comments only the vilification of Wal-Mart are laughable.

It doesn't appear to be working, Government almost always does the exact opposite of the right thing,

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It doesn't appear to be working, Government almost all always does the exact opposite of the right thing,

The success of demand side economics and the failure of supply side says different.

Walmart apparently has more concern for humanity than all the liberal schemers who devised the Obamacare con.

Surprise! Walmart health plan is cheaper, offers more coverage than Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com

New Obamacare health insurance enrollees may feel a pang of envy when they eye the coverage plans offered by Walmart to its employees.

For many years, the giant discount retailer has been the target of unions and liberal activists who have harshly criticized the company's health care plans, calling them “notorious for failing to provide health benefits” and "substandard.”

But a Washington Examiner comparison of the two health insurance programs found that Walmart's plan is more affordable and provides significantly better access to high-quality medical care than Obamacare.

There is no such thing as "Obamacare health insurance".

There is the PPACA, which is a federal law called the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. It has numerous provisions that cover most aspects of the health care and health issurance markets.

But there is no "Obamacare insurance". So, whatever you think you are saying, it is total nonsense. If you are not clear on it, go find all the specific companies that provide health insurance. You will find companies like Aetna, BlueCross/BlueShield, Kaiser, Cigna, Humana, Anthem, United Health Care, and the list goes on and on. Except for one particular thing, no "Obamacare insurance".

How do you even come up with such total nonsense?

Walmart apparently has more concern for humanity than all the liberal schemers who devised the Obamacare con.

Surprise! Walmart health plan is cheaper, offers more coverage than Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com

New Obamacare health insurance enrollees may feel a pang of envy when they eye the coverage plans offered by Walmart to its employees.

For many years, the giant discount retailer has been the target of unions and liberal activists who have harshly criticized the company's health care plans, calling them “notorious for failing to provide health benefits” and "substandard.”

But a Washington Examiner comparison of the two health insurance programs found that Walmart's plan is more affordable and provides significantly better access to high-quality medical care than Obamacare.

There is the PPACA, which is a federal law called the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. It has numerous provisions that cover most aspects of the health care and health issurance markets.

But there is no "Obamacare insurance". So, whatever you think you are saying, it is total nonsense. If you are not clear on it, go find all the specific companies that provide health insurance. You will find companies like Aetna, BlueCross/BlueShield, Kaiser, Cigna, Humana, Anthem, United Health Care, and the list goes on and on. Except for one particular thing, no "Obamacare insurance".

Please spare us your anal retentive word parsing.

The individual market prices in the exchange in the Affordable Care Act were never meant to compete with employer provided plans. The insurance companies on the exchange are private companies competing in the individual market.

So how come the private market offers cheaper plans with better benefits? Perhaps the U.S. should have simply sub-let the business to WalMart instead of blowing millions on a faulty website to induce healthy people to over pay for coverage they dont need and cant afford.

1. The exchanges are a private market.

2. What the bogus article in the OP tells you is that the employee pays $40/month. That is NOT the full cost of that healthcare plan. Walmart is paying the rest as part of the employee's compensation.

Horseshit. They are a government managed market. They have as little to do with the "private market" as Social Security has to do with the private retirement fund market.

Last edited:

Words are an important part of communication and thought. Spare us your unqualified and mindless beliefs.

It doesn't appear to be working, Government almost all always does the exact opposite of the right thing,

The success of demand side economics and the failure of supply side says different.

What "success?" If so-called "demand side economics" worked, we would be having an incredible boom right now. The Obama administration has been pumping over a $trillion of demand into the economy every year for 5 years.

So where are all the jobs?

Words are an important part of communication and thought. Spare us your unqualified and mindless beliefs.

In the hands of liberals, words are a means of deception and fraud. They communicate nothing of value.

What "success?" If so-called "demand side economics" worked, we would be having an incredible boom right now. The Obama administration has been pumping over a $trillion of demand into the economy every year for 5 years.

Let's see. According to Wikipedia, Obama took office in 2009.

The federal outlays per capita in real dollars is as shown.

fredgraph.png

It is the data available on FRED.

So, in fact, federal outlays per capita fell from the 2009 peak.

Lefties hate Walmart because they provide incentive and income and opportunity for advancement to their employees.

And they have always provided health insurance. Horrors.....

Check this out. Same thing with per employee.

fredgraph.png

Down since 2009.

Forum List

Back