Christian sharing health care plan, shut down. Fraud.

I laughed out loud. For real.

Gosh, maybe if we could just get back to COVERING OUR MOUTHS that would be great. Imagine if we just went back to where we started?

You folks are losing so hard it's sad.

Anyway, YES, it's way better to COVER those sneezes and coughs rather than have them dispersed into tiny airborne particles. Wouldn't you say?

losing hard, you are.
SO, people would rather have other people NOT cough in their direction WITHOUT covering their mouths?
WHY would that be?
A hand covering your mouth doesn't do anything...........RIGHT?

Your the one losing hard.

SO, people would rather have other people NOT cough in their direction WITHOUT covering their mouths?
WHY would that be?
A hand covering your mouth doesn't do anything...........RIGHT?

Your the one losing hard.

Are you arguing that since I am saying you shouldn't wear a mask to catch sneezes and coughs, a person should just cough out without using a tissue or handkerchief to catch the mucus?

Cause...I never said that.

Are you arguing that since I am saying you shouldn't wear a mask to catch sneezes and coughs, a person should just cough out without using a tissue or handkerchief to catch the mucus?
Evidently, by your statements........MASK does no good.
So, why even bother with a hand covering your mouth when coughing?
Cause...I never said that.

Evidently, by your statements........MASK does no good.
So, why even bother with a hand covering your mouth when coughing?

Because simply, the centuries-old practice of catching your crud in handkerchiefs or tissues actually catches it and doesn't propel it through breathable material. If you don't get that, you're too dense to argue with.

Because simply, the centuries-old practice of catching your crud in handkerchiefs or tissues actually catches it and doesn't propel it through breathable material. If you don't get that, you're too dense to argue with.
WTF?
That's what I'VE been saying all along.
You seem to be the dense one.

I've heard these commercials for years. (not sure it's the same group or not but same plan). The first time I heard them I understood they were a scam. But there is a lot more to this story than just the simple scam.

First, these scams were set up and permitted under Obamacare.

After the landmark Affordable Care Act — commonly known as Obamacare — was passed, healthcare premiums increased for most Americans as insurers were required to cover certain preventative care and not discriminate against pre-existing conditions.

The law, though, contained a carve-out for health-care sharing ministries, which were explicitly exempt from ACA requirements, allowing them to offer monthly dues lower than typical insurance premiums, especially for people who accept less coverage and more personal risk.

We can note, the issue with Obamacare to start with. It did NOTHING to address costs and it caused costs to rise. But my real question here, what went on behind the scenes to allow this carve out to start with? Now the fines are gone but this was all set up so you could sign up to a bogus plan and avoid the fines. Something there is as fishy as the plans are to me.

Second, the big issue with all of this.

Gore and his wife have been uninsured for years. He said they can’t afford traditional health insurance and their experience with MCS spooked them from joining other healthcare sharing ministries.

The person turned to this because he could not afford traditional insurance. At least he learned his lesson BUT he is still not covered as he can not afford Obamacare.

We can send billions all over the world but we still refuse to address the health care mess of this country.

Feds shut down Missouri Christian nonprofit that was supposed to cover medical bills

I hate to tell you... but pretty much the entire health insurance industry has been a scam since Obamacare.
You pay $1000's to carry a plastic card that you won't use.
The entire industry replaced ACTUAL health insurance with CATASTROPHIC ONLY insurance.
Thanks Obama

I hate to tell you... but pretty much the entire health insurance industry has been a scam since Obamacare.
You pay $1000's to carry a plastic card that you won't use.
The entire industry replaced ACTUAL health insurance with CATASTROPHIC ONLY insurance.
Thanks Obama

Odd, I have insurance. I guess I must have slipped between the cracks.

employers get to deduct employee insurance costs as a business expense

Premiums paid to cover your employees

If your business has employees and you pay health insurance premiums for them, these amounts are deducted on the applicable tax form and line for employee benefit program expenses.

For example, if your business is a sole proprietorship, you deduct premiums paid to provide health coverage to employees on Schedule C.
That includes all "self-insured" businesses. One of the two key reasons for UPS's ongoing success, for example. The other being maintaining a high retention rate for skilled workers by being unionized, i.e. compensating their most valuable employees well through negotiated contracts. Meanwhile, Bezos has beaten FedEx's pants off at their own game simply by buying everything involved while treating their workers similarly,.. like shit or worse.
5e8de9bac023203cf77f79a3

^That's old. This is just funny >

1677156283369.jpeg

Odd, I have insurance. I guess I must have slipped between the cracks.
Odd... unless you are among a very-very small percentage of the population.. you do not.
For decades I, along with the vast majority of people with full time jobs, had health insurance that cost around $400-$500 a month (for the whole family). The deductible was between $500 and by the late 90s it was $1000. The coverage was 80/20 and 100% coverage of preventative.
After Obamacare... it went up to $650/mo just spouse, if I had kids $800/mo
The deductible is $5000. That immediately becomes catastrophic only coverage. We could get sick multiple times each and we would never get any coverage. Only way we get past the $5000 is a catastrophe.
If you have a deductible over $3000 or so - YOU DO NOT HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE. You have catastrophic insurance.

Odd... unless you are among a very-very small percentage of the population.. you do not.

Odd, I do.

For decades I, along with the vast majority of people with full time jobs, had health insurance that cost around $400-$500 a month (for the whole family). The deductible was between $500 and by the late 90s it was $1000. The coverage was 80/20 and 100% coverage of preventative.
After Obamacare... it went up to $650/mo just spouse, if I had kids $800/mo
The deductible is $5000. That immediately becomes catastrophic only coverage. We could get sick multiple times each and we would never get any coverage. Only way we get past the $5000 is a catastrophe.
If you have a deductible over $3000 or so - YOU DO NOT HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE. You have catastrophic insurance.

I have noted many times that Obama failed miserably in addressing the cost side but since then so has Trump and Biden.

Odd, I do.

I have noted many times that Obama failed miserably in addressing the cost side but since then so has Trump and Biden.
No
Trump would have never been able to kill the Democrats precious Obamacare. No way, no how would the Democrats even began to support that.
The Democrats absolutely RUINED healthcare insurance for EVERYONE except the poor.
They took coverage from productive people - and gave it to non productive people.

No
Trump would have never been able to kill the Democrats precious Obamacare. No way, no how would the Democrats even began to support that.

Democrats didn't have to. All Trump had to do was shut his mouth and it's overturned. It was impossible for him to do. As others have noted, he didn't really want to because then he would have had to actually do something to replace it and his attention span being small, he couldn't.

Even then, nothing stopped him but himself from addressing the ever rising health care costs.

The Democrats absolutely RUINED healthcare insurance for EVERYONE except the poor.
They took coverage from productive people - and gave it to non productive people.

All should have health care.

Democrats didn't have to. All Trump had to do was shut his mouth and it's overturned. It was impossible for him to do. As others have noted, he didn't really want to because then he would have had to actually do something to replace it and his attention span being small, he couldn't.

Even then, nothing stopped him but himself from addressing the ever rising health care costs.

All should have health care.
Non productive people should not get better than productive people.
That is essentially what Obamacare did.
Insurance companies raised deductibles, raised premiums on productive people in order to cover non productive people. PERIOD.

Non productive people should not get better than productive people.

I never argued "better". All should have health care like in every other first world countries (and many lesser countries)

That is essentially what Obamacare did.
Insurance companies raised deductibles, raised premiums on productive people in order to cover non productive people. PERIOD.

You continue arguing something I am not arguing, pretending I am. That seems to happen a lot.

After Obamacare... it went up to $650/mo just spouse, if I had kids $800/mo insurance.

Well, one dynamic there is that you got older. You're talking about a span of at least 15 years, from "the late 90s" to the ACA era (2014- ).

Just using the ACA's age-rating restrictions for context (where the oldest pre-Medicare adults, 64, can't be charged more than three times what a 21-year-old is charged for the same plan), you could expect the premium for the same plan to rise ~75% over a 15-year period of aging from, say age 40 to 55. That's just from aging, it doesn't account for any actual increases in the underlying cost of health care during that time. (Under the no-ACA scenario without age rating limits, or the GOP's 5:1 age-rating ratio, the increase over that period would be even steeper). That's actually less than the increase you're pointing to here.

Even if the cost of health care hadn't risen at all since the '90s, you would expect to pay a higher premium by the 2010s or 2020s simply due to the fact that you've aged. Of course, health care costs did rise quite quickly in the 2000s, before slowing to all-time lows in the 2010s after the ACA passed.

Well, one dynamic there is that you got older. You're talking about a span of at least 15 years, from "the late 90s" to the ACA era (2014- ).

Just using the ACA's age-rating restrictions for context (where the oldest pre-Medicare adults, 64, can't be charged more than three times what a 21-year-old is charged for the same plan), you could expect the premium for the same plan to rise ~75% over a 15-year period of aging from, say age 40 to 55. That's just from aging, it doesn't account for any actual increases in the underlying cost of health care during that time. (Under the no-ACA scenario without age rating limits, or the GOP's 5:1 age-rating ratio, the increase over that period would be even steeper). That's actually less than the increase you're pointing to here.

Even if the cost of health care hadn't risen at all since the '90s, you would expect to pay a higher premium by the 2010s or 2020s simply due to the fact that you've aged. Of course, health care costs did rise quite quickly in the 2000s, before slowing to all-time lows in the 2010s after the ACA passed.
Everything you say here is not applicable to me.
I have been on employer sponsored plans my entire life that cost exactly the same regardless of age.

Forum List

Back