Honest Question: Is Birth Control More Expensive Than Having A Child?

Fetuses aren't babies Dipshit. Did you fail anatomy?
What are they then?

I get that the definition of a fetus is different than that of a baby but they are just describing different stages of human life. It's not like human fetus could turn into a giraffe or a something other than a human baby. Human embryo, fetus, baby, toddler, child, preteen, teenager, young adult, adult, middle aged, elderly. They are all human beings, they are just at different stages of development.

So shut up. You won't because you're an attention seeking mommy boy
1. I love my mommy.

2. I love attention. Who doesn't?

3. This is a debate board so I'll think I'll just go ahead and keep running my mouth.
Every leftist policy ends up in the gutter... every single one and you dumbasss haven't caught on
4. We dragged Republicans kicking and screaming into supporting free birth control you dumb Simp. I remember the absolute failure of the abstinence campaigns.

1. I love my mommy.

2. I love attention. Who doesn't?

3. This is a debate board so I'll think I'll just go ahead and keep running my mouth.

4. We dragged Republicans kicking and screaming into supporting free birth control you dumb Simp. I remember the absolute failure of the abstinence campaigns.

Whatever...go ankle snap someone else

"Colorado representative Lauren Boebert claimed she had her third son because birth control was too expensive. The Democratic congresswoman took issue with the story, noting how Ms Boebert had voted against legislation that would help ensure wider access to contraception. Last year, Ms Boebert, alongside most of the House GOP, voted against the Right to Contraception Act, which would’ve enshrined the right to contraception in federal law. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, a majority of women between ages 18 to 64 have used contraception at some point during their reproductive years, with more than three-quarters using multiple methods.

Under the Affordable Care Act, contraceptive coverage is required, though KFF found in 2022 that four in 10 women weren’t aware most insurance plans pay the full cost of birth control. Justice Clarence Thomas suggested in a concurring opinion to the decision overturning Roe v Wade that the high court should revisit 1965’s Griswold v Connecticut, which forbids states from banning contraception."

So, this is an honest question....Is buying birth control more expensive than having a child? Especially if there are policies in place that helps to make access to birth control more affordable; especially in comparison to having a child. By most estimates, it costs on average 300,000 dollars to raise a child to the age of 18; and last I checked, there is no birth control medication that costs 300k...so why even make the argument that birth control is more expensive? Even if you are claiming birth control to be more expensive for hyperbolic effect, it's still a stupid argument to make...so why make it?

As George Carlin once said, the whole anti-abortion thing isn't about protecting children as much as it is about having control over a woman's pussy....but if as a right-winger, this "joke" by Carlin offends you and you disagree with that premise; do you think trying to ban women from having contraception makes his point any less true?? It all but proves his point if you ask me....

Boebert's dumb and she proves it every time she opens her dumbass mouth.

They aren't working to shut down planned parenthoods because they are passing out birth control. They are doing so because they are performing abortions. And not giving federal funding to planned parenthood isn't shutting them down it's just not giving them federal taxpayer dollars. The federal government doesn't fund my business are they shutting me down? If planned parenthood stopped providing abortions, they would keep their federal funding.
Many clinics in Texas were shut down, which is against the constitution, in the past 20 years, only to be re opened.

Doctors and nurses are threatened, constantly.

2 Doctors, I know of, have been killed by extremist anti abortionists.

It affects giving help, like free cancer screening to poor people, and many other things.

Anti abortionists do not care about the effects of their actions and the closing of clinics. They have where to go for health care, unlike poor people who cannot afford it.

Many clinics in Texas were shut down, which is against the constitution, in the past 20 years, only to be re opened.

Doctors and nurses are threatened, constantly.

2 Doctors, I know of, have been killed by extremist anti abortionists.

It affects giving help, like free cancer screening to poor people, and many other things.

Anti abortionists do not care about the effects of their actions and the closing of clinics. They have where to go for health care, unlike poor people who cannot afford it.

The federal government came in and said you can’t be open anymore?

The federal government came in and said you can’t be open anymore?
Pay attention. Texas passed laws for the past 2 years which forced many clinics in Texas to close, leaving poor people without a place to go. Judges declared those laws, which affected the clinics, unconstitutional. Look it up online

"Colorado representative Lauren Boebert claimed she had her third son because birth control was too expensive. The Democratic congresswoman took issue with the story, noting how Ms Boebert had voted against legislation that would help ensure wider access to contraception. Last year, Ms Boebert, alongside most of the House GOP, voted against the Right to Contraception Act, which would’ve enshrined the right to contraception in federal law. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, a majority of women between ages 18 to 64 have used contraception at some point during their reproductive years, with more than three-quarters using multiple methods.

Under the Affordable Care Act, contraceptive coverage is required, though KFF found in 2022 that four in 10 women weren’t aware most insurance plans pay the full cost of birth control. Justice Clarence Thomas suggested in a concurring opinion to the decision overturning Roe v Wade that the high court should revisit 1965’s Griswold v Connecticut, which forbids states from banning contraception."

So, this is an honest question....Is buying birth control more expensive than having a child? Especially if there are policies in place that helps to make access to birth control more affordable; especially in comparison to having a child. By most estimates, it costs on average 300,000 dollars to raise a child to the age of 18; and last I checked, there is no birth control medication that costs 300k...so why even make the argument that birth control is more expensive? Even if you are claiming birth control to be more expensive for hyperbolic effect, it's still a stupid argument to make...so why make it?

As George Carlin once said, the whole anti-abortion thing isn't about protecting children as much as it is about having control over a woman's pussy....but if as a right-winger, this "joke" by Carlin offends you and you disagree with that premise; do you think trying to ban women from having contraception makes his point any less true?? It all but proves his point if you ask me....
I'm all for providing free birth control, even to minors, as long as it isn't abortion.

Forum List

Back