Christian sharing health care plan, shut down. Fraud.

Here's the new cost effective health care plan:

I happen to agree with many of the louder parts there, but "newspunch.com"? Seriously?
Ad Fontes Media rates NewsPunch in the Hyper-Partisan Right category of bias and as Unreliable, Problematic in terms of reliability.
That said, it's interesting that they quote Gates stupidly using "enquire" instead of "inquire" there. It wouldn't surprise me if he did. Also, thank goodness at the least growth in world population continues to steadily decline.

Last edited:
?
All employer based insurance plans don't charge more fore age
They certainly do. I have read much of your shit in this thread and it is just shit. Group health is age banded and if they don't raise it every year because of age they do every 4 or 5 years. If you by any chance your group health with Humana they are axing all group health plans.

If where you work you don't get an increase every year that is because you employer is bearing more of the cost.

I happen to agree with many of the louder parts there, but "newspunch.com"? Seriously?

That said, it's interesting that they quote Gates stupidly using "enquire" instead of "inquire" there. It wouldn't surprise me if he did. Also, thank goodness at the least growth in world population continues to steadily decline.
Yeah....not a fan of the site either....but the substance of the article was sound....and mirrored another article that I couldn't find.

They certainly do. I have read much of your shit in this thread and it is just shit. Group health is age banded and if they don't raise it every year because of age they do every 4 or 5 years. If you by any chance your group health with Humana they are axing all group health plans.

If where you work you don't get an increase every year that is because you employer is bearing more of the cost.
Are you always this obstinate?
We were talking about cost to YOU.
The entire conversation was about the cost to the individual.
So... yeah... STUFU with your lame, juvenile attitude

Are you always this obstinate?
We were talking about cost to YOU.
The entire conversation was about the cost to the individual.
So... yeah... STUFU with your lame, juvenile attitude
Until you know more than I about group health, individual health you shut the fuck up. When you do I will shut the fuck up but until then fuck off. If you had read my post a little closer it did mention the fact the employer might be paying more of your premium, thus your same premium year to year.

?
All employer based insurance plans don't charge more fore age

Your contribution is some slice of the group's overall costs--maybe there's more geezers in your pool than there used to be! Or maybe your employer has just gradually reduced the portion of the plan's cost it covers. Or maybe over twenty years underlying medical costs did experience some growth (obviously they did, though significantly more prior to the ACA than after). Perhaps all of the above.

Regardless, my point was that the increase in your premiums over the past two decades about which you're so indignant is commensurate with the increases in your own risk (under a framework designed to limit those increases for older people, and thus shift some of the costs of aging on to younger people). Health care is one thing it's pretty safe to predict a household will spend more on as it ages.

The person turned to this because he could not afford traditional insurance. At least he learned his lesson BUT he is still not covered as he can not afford Obamacare.
He should be eligible for state Medicaid.

The problem is that Republicans are trying to end expansion contrary to the will of the people.

GOP lawmakers work to unravel Medicaid expansion via funding and a constitutional amendment

“Although Medicaid expansion took effect in Missouri in 2021 and tens of thousands of eligible residents are already enrolled, GOP lawmakers in the state are continuing their efforts to undo the program. This would subvert the will of the state’s voters, who approved Medicaid expansion on the 2020 ballot.”

He should be eligible for state Medicaid.

The problem is that Republicans are trying to end expansion contrary to the will of the people.

GOP lawmakers work to unravel Medicaid expansion via funding and a constitutional amendment

“Although Medicaid expansion took effect in Missouri in 2021 and tens of thousands of eligible residents are already enrolled, GOP lawmakers in the state are continuing their efforts to undo the program. This would subvert the will of the state’s voters, who approved Medicaid expansion on the 2020 ballot.”

If Missouri allows that, that's great BUT as you note many states do not and that is not a system we should have enacted.

And a ruling I disagreed with. But they were not the only ones that created that system. They simply allowed it to continue to exist.

As designed, every state with a Medicaid program (that is, every state) would have expanded Medicaid under the ACA. SCOTUS overturned that provision and made expansion optional. Most states, of course, have now opted to expand--even in deep red states where political leaders opposed expansion, in numerous states the voters themselves have forced expansion. We're down to 11 holdout states, mostly in the South.

As designed, every state with a Medicaid program (that is, every state) would have expanded Medicaid under the ACA. SCOTUS overturned that provision and made expansion optional. Most states, of course, have now opted to expand--even in deep red states where political leaders opposed expansion, in numerous states the voters themselves have forced expansion. We're down to 11 holdout states, mostly in the South.

True UHC wouldn't have left an option.

It didn't leave an option! The mandatory component was struck down by the Supreme Court, which instead made expansion optional for states. That's what I'm saying.

There was NO mandatory joining. The Supreme Court struck down the fine for individuals.

There was NO mandatory joining. The Supreme Court struck down the fine for individuals.

SCOTUS upheld the individual mandate and struck down mandatory Medicaid expansion. The Court rewrote the law to make expansion optional for states. Hence the reason some holdout states, like Texas, haven't expanded Medicaid. This all happened more than a decade ago.

Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Law, 5-4, in Victory for Obama
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Thursday upheld President Obama’s health care overhaul law, saying its requirement that most Americans obtain insurance or pay a penalty was authorized by Congress’s power to levy taxes.
The court also substantially limited the law’s expansion of Medicaid, the joint federal-state program that provides health care to poor and disabled people. Seven justices agreed that Congress had exceeded its constitutional authority by coercing states into participating in the expansion by threatening them with the loss of existing federal payments. . .

The restrictions placed on the Medicaid expansion may also have significant ripple effects. A splintered group of justices effectively revised the law to allow states to choose between participating in the expansion while receiving additional payments or forgoing the expansion and retaining the existing payments. The law had called for an all-or-nothing choice.

Your contribution is some slice of the group's overall costs--maybe there's more geezers in your pool than there used to be! Or maybe your employer has just gradually reduced the portion of the plan's cost it covers. Or maybe over twenty years underlying medical costs did experience some growth (obviously they did, though significantly more prior to the ACA than after). Perhaps all of the above.

Regardless, my point was that the increase in your premiums over the past two decades about which you're so indignant is commensurate with the increases in your own risk (under a framework designed to limit those increases for older people, and thus shift some of the costs of aging on to younger people). Health care is one thing it's pretty safe to predict a household will spend more on as it ages.
YEah... you always pretend to know what you are talking about?

Forum List

Back