Supreme Court Rules 7-2 on Obamacare

Affordable Care Act Survives Latest Supreme Court Challenge​

The court sidestepped the larger issue in the case, whether the 2010 health care law can stand without a provision that required most Americans to obtain insurance or pay a penalty.

In the years since the enactment of the law in 2010, Republicans have worked hard to destroy it, and President Donald J. Trump relentlessly criticized it. But attempts to repeal it failed, as did two earlier Supreme Court challenges, in 2012 and 2015. With the passing years, the law gained in popularity and was woven into the fabric of the health care system. Its future now seems secure.

A ruling against the law would also have doomed its protections for Americans with past or current health problems — or pre-existing conditions. The protections bar insurers from denying them coverage or charging them more for it.
Major defeat for Scumpty; it was his signature campaign promise, to repeal Obamacare and replace it "with something better." Problem was, he couldn't come up with something better. Had he worked harder and perhaps gave up a few rounds of golf, perhaps he could have come up with something better. Yeah, right! Bigly!!!

Obamacare is still here, Collin Kapernick is making millions in sponsorship, Biden has 60% approval ratings, and the orange loser has been impeached twice, and facing indictment.

Bad year for trumphumpers

Fine with me...I'm not stuck with it....Obama care is over priced and unaffordable and has high deductibles....people with obamacare that come down with severe illness still end up in bankruptcy court.....
Yes, US greed and corruption have prevented the ACA from being what Obama inteneded it to be.

The rest of the modern industrialized world can only laugh at America's health care system.

But we do wonder why Americans refuse single payer universal health care that's half the cost per capita and proven to be better in other countries?

Affordable Care Act Survives Latest Supreme Court Challenge​

The court sidestepped the larger issue in the case, whether the 2010 health care law can stand without a provision that required most Americans to obtain insurance or pay a penalty.

In the years since the enactment of the law in 2010, Republicans have worked hard to destroy it, and President Donald J. Trump relentlessly criticized it. But attempts to repeal it failed, as did two earlier Supreme Court challenges, in 2012 and 2015. With the passing years, the law gained in popularity and was woven into the fabric of the health care system. Its future now seems secure.

A ruling against the law would also have doomed its protections for Americans with past or current health problems — or pre-existing conditions. The protections bar insurers from denying them coverage or charging them more for it.
Major defeat for Scumpty; it was his signature campaign promise, to repeal Obamacare and replace it "with something better." Problem was, he couldn't come up with something better. Had he worked harder and perhaps gave up a few rounds of golf, perhaps he could have come up with something better. Yeah, right! Bigly!!!

Obamacare is still here, Collin Kapernick is making millions in sponsorship, Biden has 60% approval ratings, and the orange loser has been impeached twice, and facing indictment.

Bad year for trumphumpers
That's why so many of them are planning another insurgency in August. They know that they cannot win by democratic means, and they are fascists who don't care HOW they get power.

Fine with me...I'm not stuck with it....Obama care is over priced and unaffordable and has high deductibles....people with obamacare that come down with severe illness still end up in bankruptcy court.....
Yes, US greed and corruption have prevented the ACA from being what Obama inteneded it to be.

The rest of the modern industrialized world can only laugh at America's health care system.

But we do wonder why Americans refuse single payer universal health care that's half the cost per capita and proven to be better in other countries?
Its exactly what Obama wanted it to be....middle class folks paying for poor folks health care.....

uh... because... uh... George Soros! Hillary's emails! Communists! Globalists!

If we had a decent health care system, Republicans would feel less "free".

Seven different and separate health care delivery and/or payment systems, none of which communicate directly with the others:
  1. Individual Health/ACA
  2. Group Health
  3. Medicare
  4. Medicaid
  5. VA
  6. Worker's Comp
  7. Indigent
"Absurd" isn't nearly a strong enough word to describe this.

It was just announced that the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 on Obamacare saying the states don't have standing on this case.

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

That's truly a shame. The Court is a joke. I just hope Manchin keeps his finger in the dam. Otherwise, we're all fucked.

I think it's a very good thing that we still have Obamacare.

In fact, I think we should do away with insurance companies for health care.

Most people in America can't stand insurance companies controlling what health care they can have and denying to pay medical bills.

We have some people who can have health care without being bankrupted or have insurance premiums that aren't astronomical. It's not fair that some people have proper insurance that is affordable and others don't here in the United States.

Our health care system is a total mess.

Your post is contradictory.
Obamacare is mandated private health insurance, which can never morph into a better health care system.

What we need to do instead it get the federal government, the employers, and private health insurance companies out of health care entirely. Which can easily be done by eliminating the employer tax write off for employee benefits.
The federal government has no business doing anything with heath care, so Obamacare is no legal.

It was just announced that the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 on Obamacare saying the states don't have standing on this case.

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

That's truly a shame. The Court is a joke. I just hope Manchin keeps his finger in the dam. Otherwise, we're all fucked.
So much for those three trump Justices.....:heehee:
Yes all your incessant bellyaching when he nominated them seems to have been pointless lol
"all my incessant bellyaching"? Feel free to show that I did that. I'm sure "advanced search" will help you with that one.

Not sure what is unconstitutional about PPACA at this point.

The defunct mandate was the original sticking point.

Forum List

Back