Zone1 Suggestion For The Mods, Can We Start Finding Out Which Staff Member Performed Which Action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. More than once I've been told "Wasn't me, so I don't know and the one that did it isn't around" Even then, the mysterious mod that took the action is still some big secret.
Probably to stop posters from claiming bias etc.. if they felt they got dinged mainly off one mod

One thing the posters(certain ones) can't figure out is that you can get an answer by PMing a mod instead of a call-out thread.
I've tried getting answers via the back room channels to the mods, and I've searched for answers out here in the open, but I don't recall ever getting a clear answer from any of them. They just make a generic reference to the rules, without ever quantifying how I broke them.

I've tried getting answers via the back room channels to the mods, and I've searched for answers out here in the open, but I don't recall ever getting a clear answer from any of them. They just make a generic reference to the rules, without ever quantifying how I broke them.
:boo_hoo14:

Nope. More than once I've been told "Wasn't me, so I don't know and the one that did it isn't around" Even then, the mysterious mod that took the action is still some big secret.

It's hardly ever mysterious. If a thread moves/closes -- USUALLY there should be a message in thread. NOT ALWAYS -- but a lot of the time.

When we're cleaning 14 or 30 posts out of a thread, there's no place in the post deletion message to personalize it.

Mods will ALWAYS tell you WHY -- they may not always tell you WHO. Because with the simple rules the staff AGREES on actions more than 90% of the time and only the MOST PARANOID members want a "badge number" to go with things as clear cut as a post deletion.

They can provide examples of post deletions. YOU can object. More mods will be called in to look it over. RARELY do we get folks OBJECTING to post deletions. Because they simply FORGOT about what they wrote 3 hours or 2 days ago.

If RARELY a moderator DOESNT agree with the action, they WILL contact/discuss it with originator. And reversals do happen.

It would be a whole lot easier so I know who to message when I have questions about why a post of mine was deleted or why a thread of mine was moved.

Every mod can see EVERY action taken on USMB since USMB was a thing. This includes "thread notes" IN each thread about EVERY MOD ACTION in that thread. They can see every deleted post/thread. Even see an edit history of EACH post and which posts were warned.

Since we dont work fix shifts, and get busy on other stuff -- ANY moderator can answer your questions, review your objections, and work out any disputes with the originating moderator.

Otherwise, it wouldn't be timely if the mod who's action is being looked at wasn't gonna be here for a day or two.

I seem to remember a PM that STILL is active today with you and the TOTAL MOD STAFF that's been going on for WEEKS NOW. Think it's up to 5 or 7 pages by now. :coffee: Wont release the details, but MOSTLY repetitive accusations of targeting and censoring your content. Which has been ADDRESSED PUBLICLY in this very forum MULTIPLE TIMES and in PM. And STILL you persist.

That would require moral courage.

Good luck with that.

As an EX-USMB mod (did I blow your cover? LOL) YOU KNOW the limitations of the S/Ware pkgs we have used over the years to give broader member visibility of actions. If the BUTTONS and entry editing were available -- we'd most likely USE THEM.

Visibility even WORSE in the Wild West days of USMB, when mod leaders didn't think members NEEDED to know as much about "behind the scenes" as we give them TODAY.

It's hardly ever mysterious. If a thread moves/closes -- USUALLY there should be a message in thread. NOT ALWAYS -- but a lot of the time.

When we're cleaning 14 or 30 posts out of a thread, there's no place in the post deletion message to personalize it.

Mods will ALWAYS tell you WHY -- they may not always tell you WHO. Because with the simple rules the staff AGREES on actions more than 90% of the time and only the MOST PARANOID members want a "badge number" to go with things as clear cut as a post deletion.

They can provide examples of post deletions. YOU can object. More mods will be called in to look it over. RARELY do we get folks OBJECTING to post deletions. Because they simply FORGOT about what they wrote 3 hours or 2 days ago.

If RARELY a moderator DOESNT agree with the action, they WILL contact/discuss it with originator. And reversals do happen.
We all agree that is the way it should happen.

I'll confess, it was me. Now, which thread was it? I'll investigate that for you, Bulldog
Nothing very recently. Perhaps things have changed, but I won't accept that just because you say so. How long does it take to regain trust?

I seem to remember a PM that STILL is active today with you and the TOTAL MOD STAFF that's been going on for WEEKS NOW. Think it's up to 5 or 7 pages by now. :coffee: Wont release the details, but MOSTLY repetitive accusations of targeting and censoring your content. Which has been ADDRESSED PUBLICLY in this very forum MULTIPLE TIMES and in PM. And STILL you persist.
What does this have to do with what you quoted of me?

I do not object to transparency, so you are welcome to make that long backroom thread public.

Flac, I truly believe that you are a skilled writer, and I have no doubt that of all my political opponents, you are the closest to being able to be objective. You and I have something in common, which is that we both want forum rules and we both want to see the potential benefits that a good set of rules can bring to the community.

I do not object to transparency, so you are welcome to make that long backroom thread public.

It WOULD be a best seller. We could pay for the Mod Staff Caribbean Cruise with just the popcorn concession. Tempting --- considering the harassment we're getting for enforcing the "no hot current political topics in Zone 1 forums". Which is where your "censorship jihad" started.

But alas -- that long postponed Cruise (we were gonna book both Depp and Heard for entertainment and have a Pirate theme to the thing) --- is not to be. Because we cant MOVE PMs to become public threads. And we cant enter the list of 350 or so very active members into the invite list.

Flac, I truly believe that you are a skilled writer, and I have no doubt that of all my political opponents, you are the closest to being able to be objective. You and I have something in common, which is that we both want forum rules and we both want to see the potential benefits that a good set of rules can bring to the community.

I'll reciprocate on that. Because you SAY you support free expression, but cringe in horror at Civil Discussion and call it a "safe place". It is not a safe space. It's where ADULTS debate issues without personal poking and inflammatory personal accusations. And to achieve THAT on a board composed mostly of tribal warriors who line up with the 2 failing and flailing political parties we seem to be stuck with -- WE HAVE TO KEEP THE HOT POLITICAL TOPICS OUT of civil discussion forums. THAT'S the summation of our position in that 5 page PM. Especially, when you dump them (THREE OF THEM in a span of about 36 hours) into a Race Discussion forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back