Stereos, laptops: vs. the sound

A laptop gives me a... A stereo gives me it all

• No, I am attached to my smooth laptop

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which do you usually prefer to listen to when the music is good?

Depends entirely on what I'm doing that brought the music. I have terribly lame sound on my laptop speakers but really good sound from the ones in my cooling pad, so if it's anything worth hearing I listen through that. If I have to hear it really close I have nice cans.

Depends entirely on what I'm doing that brought the music. I have terribly lame sound on my laptop speakers but really good sound from the ones in my cooling pad, so if it's anything worth hearing I listen through that. If I have to hear it really close I have nice cans.

When you connect to your laptop, is it really THAT good? When I was first working in my early 20's scrubbing printed circuit boards to begin with, I had a Walkman and I couldn't work without it! Are you unemployed? Do your songs mean THAT much to you? You get what you want. Nevertheless, if it feels good to you, there's more power to you. Spontaneity would be good if you were a serious fellow, but for sure all you wanna do is whine. :eusa_snooty:

Do you have headphones? Those would work better, especially if you get Koss.

Depends on something you do that "brings" music to you? Do you even like music? Why dontcha post a song here and show us what you mean. :)

When you connect to your laptop, is it really THAT good? When I was first working in my early 20's scrubbing printed circuit boards to begin with, I had a Walkman and I couldn't work without it! Are you unemployed? Do your songs mean THAT much to you? You get what you want. Nevertheless, if it feels good to you, there's more power to you. Spontaneity would be good if you were a serious fellow, but for sure all you wanna do is whine. :eusa_snooty:

Do you have headphones? Those would work better, especially if you get Koss.

Depends on something you do that "brings" music to you? Do you even like music? Why dontcha post a song here and show us what you mean. :)

Actually I'm an audio engineer and I moved past Koss back in the '70s.... :eusa_shifty:
And no I'm not unemployed, I'm self-employed as well as semi-retired.

And I'm a musician too, as well as a producer, so I guess you could say I like music. And yes I certainly have headphones (that's what "cans" means above). Got a nice pair of AKG K240s a while back from eBay for 32 bucks, brand new. :D I got those because they're standard in radio studios and I know from that experience that they can take a beating.

I connect to my laptop via a Logitech N700, looks like this:

12937-img4496s.jpg

--- and yeah, for casual just-came-across-something-on-YouTube listening, including a whole movie, it's that good, especially compared to the built in speakers, which are a joke.

If I need to hear really close for editing, well that's what the headphones are for.

I don't put a CD on the rack very often, partially because I'm revamping components into a studio and will end up playing them via my desk monitor speakers. The big-room speakers I mostly use these days for internet radio.

And I'm a musician too, as well as a producer, so I guess you could say I like music. And yes I certainly have headphones (that's what "cans" means above). Got a nice pair of AKG K240s a while back from eBay for 32 bucks, brand new. :D I got those because they're standard in radio studios and I know from that experience that they can take a beating.

12937-img4496s.jpg

--- and yeah, for casual just-came-across-something-on-YouTube listening, including a whole movie, it's that good, especially compared to the built in speakers, which are a joke.

If I need to hear really close for editing, well that's what the headphones are for.

There might be scratches in there? :laugh:

I don't put a CD on the rack very often, partially because I'm revamping components into a studio and will end up playing them via my desk monitor speakers. The big-room speakers I mostly use these days for internet radio.

I wish I could play teh music at the snap of my fingers too. :)

I was an engineer too. :laugh:

Higher than your ass. :)

If you listen to THOSE many tunes, Ibyougottoomuchwaxinthere. :tongue:

Koss will always be the best even after they become unavailable.

12937-img4496s.jpg

There might be scratches in there? :laugh:

Actually I deal with many scratches -- I've digitized a lot of vinyl and except for the hard cases that can't be rehabilitated, I defy anyone to pick out my audio files that came from vinyl as opposed to DDD. I've also taken historical ('20s - '30s) recordings, both music and dialogue, and cleaned 'em up to better than they ever sounded before including the transcriptions. It's kind of a specialty.

I wish I could play teh music at the snap of my fingers too. :)

OK well I have no idea what that means but there are these things called "remotes" --- If there's a joke here I'm not getting it .... :dunno:

Actually I'm an audio engineer and I moved past Koss back in the '70s.... :eusa_shifty:
And no I'm not unemployed, I'm self-employed as well as semi-retired.

I was an engineer too back when they installed the plant for cable tv in Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Portola Valley, East Palo Alto, and Atherton in the mid-eighties. I worked for K&B Engineering who worked closely with Pacific Bell. I did lots of Strand Mapping and lots of Make Ready where a handful of field engineers and I actually wrote the orders for each utility pole whereby Pac Bell could come and slap it in.

I was chosen for the story which appeared, with a picture of me holding my measuring stick extended up to the wires, in the Times-Tribune.

The Peninsula Times Tribune newspaper closes after 100 years of publishing, 86 years of it as the Palo Alto Times.

Palo Alto | Through the years

They don't make Koss headphones anymore?

Forum List

Back