Solar Stocks are Soaring as Oil price Spike furthers Bets on Pivot to Renewable Energy

How so?

Doesn’t all electricity get converted into heat eventually?

Is electricity from solar power different from electricity from fossil fuels?
Yes, heat is the great Sink. But as we all know, the wee ball of electrons produced through alternative technologies have a slight greenish tinge commensurate with their correlation with left-wing causes.

How so? Doesn’t all electricity get converted into heat eventually?

Is electricity from solar power different from electricity from fossil fuels?
Yes.
Electricity from Nuclear or Solar/Wind doesn't add to the GHG Blanket.
Not a tough one.
Just another of you shorty contentLess trolling idiot riddles.
`

Yes, heat is the great Sink. But as we all know, the wee ball of electrons produced through alternative technologies have a slight greenish tinge commensurate with their correlation with left-wing causes.
So if all electricity eventually is converted into heat, replacing generating sources which don’t convert solar radiation into electricity with generating sources which do convert solar radiation into electricity will result in an incremental cooling relative to generating sources which don’t convert solar radiation into electricity.

The greater the efficiency the greater the cooling effect. As any solar radiation that is converted into electricity is solar radiation which doesn’t directly warm the surface of the planet.

The greater the efficiency the greater the cooling effect.

Electricity is converted to heat. There is no net cooling effect.
And the lower albedo means net warming.

Your global cooling claim was wrong. I get it.
Actually my statement was the best way to usher in the next glacial cycle is widespread use of solar.

We are in the middle of an ice age after all and close to the temperature for widespread continental glaciation. All it takes to trigger a negative albedo feedback is a bad winter followed by a mild summer.

The greater the efficiency the greater the cooling effect.

Electricity is converted to heat. There is no net cooling effect.
And the lower albedo means net warming.
Again, relative to sources that don’t convert solar radiation into electricity there is.

Maybe you aren’t capable of understanding what incremental or relative means.

Yes. And I've been laughing at your claim ever since.
Only because you don't understand the INCREMENTAL impact of switching electrical generation sources from fossil fuels to solar.

Ignorance is often insolent. This is especially true for ignorance that thinks it knows.

That wasn't part of your original claim.

Why are you moving the goalposts?
It was always my claim. You confused my claim with my skepticism that heat returned from electricity usage has the exact same impact on GHG molecules as heat from solar radiation warming the surface of the planet.

Less likely to happen with widespread, very low albedo solar panels cluttering up the world.
That low albedo of solar panels is how solar radiation is converted into electricity, so no. If you were right daytime and upward longwave radiation would be unchanged by the presence of solar farms and that has been proven to not be the case.

1649174398222.png

Forum List

Back