Solar Stocks are Soaring as Oil price Spike furthers Bets on Pivot to Renewable Energy

Why do you insist on your stupidity I just told you they have the HIGHEST electricity cost in the world and you come back with this:

"One of the items that is being discussed is how to make it more economical."

Before they went with the Green madness there was affordable and stable electric prices now it went up rapidly as the wind and solar power was installed in significant amounts.

It is YOU who needs to take Econ 101.....
Florida has installed large quantitiles of solar PV and our electric prices have done nothing but descend. Do not try to tell us that alternative sources will raise your prices. They will not.

Florida has installed large quantitiles of solar PV and our electric prices have done nothing but descend. Do not try to tell us that alternative sources will raise your prices. They will not.

1648923118435.png

Do not try to tell us that alternative sources will raise your prices. They will not.

What happened in Germany?

I just used some electricity. Why didn't I heat the surface of the planet?
Some would say you did. Of course that would be true regardless of the source of electricity but only solar reduces the incoming solar radiation whereas other sources don’t. So incrementally solar induces a cooling effect that other sources don’t. Now you know.

Some would say you did. Of course that would be true regardless of the source of electricity but only solar reduces the incoming solar radiation whereas other sources don’t. So incrementally solar induces a cooling effect that other sources don’t. Now you know.

Some would say you did.

Only some? What would you say?

Of course that would be true regardless of the source of electricity

Yup.

but only solar reduces the incoming solar radiation

By absorbing more? How does 0.05 albedo reduce the incoming solar radiation?

Some would say you did.

Only some? What would you say?

Of course that would be true regardless of the source of electricity

Yup.

but only solar reduces the incoming solar radiation

By absorbing more? How does 0.05 albedo reduce the incoming solar radiation?
The really cool thing about that study was that the cooling relative to pre solar farm temperatures occurred mostly during sunlight hours which reinforces their conclusion that it was the conversion of solar radiation into electricity that was responsible for the cooling effect which makes sense.

The really cool thing about that study was that the cooling relative to pre solar farm temperatures occurred mostly during sunlight hours which reinforces their conclusion that it was the conversion of solar radiation into electricity that was responsible for the cooling effect which makes sense.
How about you give us some potential uses for that electricity that doesn't eventually end up converting it to heat

How about you give us some potential uses for that electricity that doesn't eventually end up converting it to heat
Heat from electrical consumption is in all cases. Do you know how to do an incremental analysis? Relative to other sources solar power has a cooling effect because both generate the same heat from electric consumption but only solar reduces incoming solar radiation.

I want him to explain how the much lower albedo of the panels results in net cooling for the Earth.
The lower albedo of the panels didn’t result in warmer nighttime temperatures. The lower albedo of the panels resulted in solar radiation being converted into electricity.

They do but they don’t have much mass. When the sun goes down how long do you think it takes for them to cool down?
The more pertinent question would be how much of the incoming solar radiation was converted to heat. Once that happens, that heat is unlikely to do anything but move to other materials (like the atmosphere or the ground underneath the panels). It does NOT get converted to electricity.

A solar water heater on your roof has very little mass either. That is not the determinant as to how much energy will get converted.

Last edited:
The more pertinent question would be how much of the incoming solar radiation was converted to heat. Once that happens, that heat is unlikely to do anything but move to other materials (like the atmosphere or the ground underneath the panels). It does NOT get converted to electricity.
Which would be the exact same for sources which don’t convert incoming solar radiation into electricity.

Wondering if Abu, Crick and Rocks have thought about stocking up on the Hotel Bar ( unsalted ) with November approaching? :popcorn:

On election night, I cant wait to tune in CNN......especially the Don LeMon show. Thats cant miss TV. Gonna be a real hot and stingy seat for that guy.......Im worried about shitting my pants from laughing so hard.

Wondering if Abu, Crick and Rocks have thought about stocking up on the Hotel Bar ( unsalted ) with November approaching? :popcorn:

On election night, I cant wait to tune in CNN......especially the Don LeMon show. Thats cant miss TV. Gonna be a real hot and stingy seat for that guy.......Im worried about shitting my pants from laughing so hard.
Is there some referndum on climate legislation going on? And if there's really some chance that you might soiil yourself as as a result of watching, perhaps you (and anyone with the misfortune to live with you) would be better off it you did not.

Forum List

Back