So, who is going to de-install Mozilla software?

Now that Mozilla supports gay marriage, will you deinstall your Mozilla software?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
firefox-logo.jpg

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/03/29/mozilla-supports-lgbt-equality/

Mozilla has come out in support of marriage equality (gay marriage).

Mozilla’s mission is to make the Web more open so that humanity is stronger, more inclusive and more just. This is why Mozilla supports equality for all, including marriage equality for LGBT couples. No matter who you are or who you love, everyone deserves the same rights and to be treated equally.

We realize that not everyone in our community or who uses our products will agree with this. But we have always maintained that as long as you are willing to respect others, and come together for our larger mission, you are welcome. Mozilla’s community is made up of people who have very diverse personal beliefs working on a common cause, which is a free and open internet. That is a very rare and special thing.

So, who is planning do deinstall their software out of protest?

Last edited:
I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox on the advice of some people who know far more about computers than I do, and have no intention of switching again. This won't even make me consider it. I don't agree with gay marriage on the basis that I don't support any kind of state-sanctioned marriage whether it's gay, straight, or otherwise. Take the state out of the equation, however, and I have no personal issue with anybody marrying whoever they'd like to marry.

I'll de-install when I get home from work. I only use it because it has spellcheck. :)

:lol:

I use Chrome and Opera (excellent browser).

You like? Hahaha

Opera is BLAZINGLY fast, I think, actually, a tick faster than Chrome. It organizes stuff different in the cache. But Chrome has better add ons, of which I like to use:

Feedly (feel reader - 70 sources per day)
Fresh Start (Session Manager)
Video Downloader (big tits and alll.....errh, ääähmm...)

:dance:

I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox on the advice of some people who know far more about computers than I do, and have no intention of switching again. This won't even make me consider it. I don't agree with gay marriage on the basis that I don't support any kind of state-sanctioned marriage whether it's gay, straight, or otherwise. Take the state out of the equation, however, and I have no personal issue with anybody marrying whoever they'd like to marry.

Is there any such thing as non-state sanctioned marriage?

`

`

Today? No, at least not legally. I'm given to understand that some Pagans have ceremonies that are considered marriages within their communities that are not sanctioned by the state, mostly for gay people and people who simply don't want to bother with the state. It wouldn't surprise me if they're not the only ones. Historically, however, marriage was not something the state was involved in.

Uhhh.....Google supports gay marriage also.
So anyone switching to Chrome.... :lol::lol:
Microsoft, that I am aware of, has made no official statement, however they have ads that support gays, and have financially supported gay rights organizations in the past.
So anyone switching to Internet Explorer........:lol::lol::lol:

Good luck with Opera.

`

Today? No, at least not legally. I'm given to understand that some Pagans have ceremonies that are considered marriages within their communities that are not sanctioned by the state, mostly for gay people and people who simply don't want to bother with the state. It wouldn't surprise me if they're not the only ones. Historically, however, marriage was not something the state was involved in.

Without government protection, we have situations like the morm plural/polygamous marriages. Illegitimate offspring, underage brides and women with no legal standing. Same with gay marriages.

I have been using Chrome for a while...it also has spell-check.

I'm sold! :eusa_shhh:

Uhhh.....Google supports gay marriage also.
So anyone switching to Chrome.... :lol::lol:
Microsoft, that I am aware of, has made no official statement, however they have ads that support gays, and have financially supported gay rights organizations in the past.
So anyone switching to Internet Explorer........:lol::lol::lol:

Good luck with Opera.

Danger, Will Robinson, danger!!

Opera and Chrome are merging on a lot of things:

Google Inc (GOOG.O) Key Developments | Reuters.com

I guess there's always LYNX:

Lynx Information

:rofl:

`

Without government protection, we have situations like the morm plural/polygamous marriages. Illegitimate offspring, underage brides and women with no legal standing. Same with gay marriages.

Straw-men nonsense.

Straw-men nonsense.

Usual rw name calling with not facts to back it up.

Anyone can say they're married and it means nothing.

OTOH, some states do recognize common law marriages.

Forum List

Back