So, who is going to de-install Mozilla software?

Now that Mozilla supports gay marriage, will you deinstall your Mozilla software?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Without government protection, we have situations like the morm plural/polygamous marriages. Illegitimate offspring, underage brides and women with no legal standing. Same with gay marriages.

Straw-men nonsense.

Usual rw name calling with not facts to back it up.

Anyone can say they're married and it means nothing.

OTOH, some states do recognize common law marriages.

Facts? I didn't realize I needed to cite scholarly journals to point out that your objections had nothing to do with the position that I was discussing. For example, saying that the state has no business handing out marriage licenses is not the same as saying that people should be able to force children into marrying them. The irony of a demagogue complaining about an alleged lack of facts is too much.

Straw-men nonsense.

Facts? I didn't realize I needed to cite scholarly journals to point out that your objections had nothing to do with the position that I was discussing. For example, saying that the state has no business handing out marriage licenses is not the same as saying that people should be able to force children into marrying them. The irony of a demagogue complaining about an alleged lack of facts is too much.

I am in favor of getting government out of almost every facet, every area of our private lives. However, government recognition of marriage protects those who cannot protect themselves.

I am in favor of getting government out of almost every facet, every area of our private lives. However, government recognition of marriage protects those who cannot protect themselves.

Based on what evidence?

I just switched to Opera from Firefox as my default browser. But, I still have that, Chrome, and IE which I use as appropriate.

This makes no difference to me whatsoever. :eusa_whistle:

Uhhh.....Google supports gay marriage also.
So anyone switching to Chrome.... :lol::lol:
Microsoft, that I am aware of, has made no official statement, however they have ads that support gays, and have financially supported gay rights organizations in the past.
So anyone switching to Internet Explorer........:lol::lol::lol:

Good luck with Opera.

Microsoft Calls for Gay Marriage in Washington State - Rebecca J. Rosen - The Atlantic

So...

No FireFox, Mozilla supports SSCM

No Windows/Internet Explorer - Microsoft supports SSCM

No Chrome/Andriod - Google supports SSCM

No Safari/Apple - Apple supports SSCM

Might I interest anyone in a clay tablet and a chisel I have for sale?

>>>>

Microsoft, that I am aware of, has made no official statement, however they have ads that support gays, and have financially supported gay rights organizations in the past.

Good luck with Opera.

Microsoft Calls for Gay Marriage in Washington State - Rebecca J. Rosen - The Atlantic

So...

No FireFox, Mozilla supports SSCM

No Windows/Internet Explorer - Microsoft supports SSCM

No Chrome/Andriod - Google supports SSCM

No Safari/Apple - Apple supports SSCM

Might I interest anyone in a clay tablet and a chisel I have for sale?

>>>>

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAtRCJIqnk]Moses - Ten Commandments - Mel Brooks - YouTube[/ame]

(00:59)

:D

I just switched to Opera from Firefox as my default browser. But, I still have that, Chrome, and IE which I use as appropriate.

This makes no difference to me whatsoever. :eusa_whistle:

Chrome has great features, support for google's business apps, Google drive, supports web based office document editing, and has tight integration with the windows file system (drag and drop etc.). Chrome, to me, appears more stable, faster, tighter...

I find myself no longer wanting to even bother with any of the other web browsers.

I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox on the advice of some people who know far more about computers than I do, and have no intention of switching again. This won't even make me consider it. I don't agree with gay marriage on the basis that I don't support any kind of state-sanctioned marriage whether it's gay, straight, or otherwise. Take the state out of the equation, however, and I have no personal issue with anybody marrying whoever they'd like to marry.

Is there any such thing as non-state sanctioned marriage?

`

Today? No, at least not legally. I'm given to understand that some Pagans have ceremonies that are considered marriages within their communities that are not sanctioned by the state, mostly for gay people and people who simply don't want to bother with the state. It wouldn't surprise me if they're not the only ones. Historically, however, marriage was not something the state was involved in.

I'm fairly certain you can get married, anywhere. You just don't get the tax break w/o the states approval, and miss out on some companies bennies, if they require the wed cert

Good luck with Opera.

someone is bi

I'm not sayin it's you, I'm just sayin...

If I weren't lazy, I'd switch from Firefox.

Not because they support gay marriage, I don't give a crap about that. I just wonder if another browser would run faster/smoother.

But, like I said, lazy......

:lol:

Firefox and Oprah here. Don't like Chrome and furious with several changes at Google.

I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox on the advice of some people who know far more about computers than I do, and have no intention of switching again. This won't even make me consider it. I don't agree with gay marriage on the basis that I don't support any kind of state-sanctioned marriage whether it's gay, straight, or otherwise. Take the state out of the equation, however, and I have no personal issue with anybody marrying whoever they'd like to marry.

`

Today? No, at least not legally. I'm given to understand that some Pagans have ceremonies that are considered marriages within their communities that are not sanctioned by the state, mostly for gay people and people who simply don't want to bother with the state. It wouldn't surprise me if they're not the only ones. Historically, however, marriage was not something the state was involved in.

Incorrect.

The states have been sanctioning marriage and enacting marriage law (civil contract law) since before the advent of the Republic.

In Virginia, for example:

The first definitive marriage laws were passed in 1632 and remained in effect through the nineteenth century. Virginians were forbidden to marry without a marriage license or to marry without publication by banns (a public notice of intended marriage published, verbally or by written notice, for three consecutive meetings at the churches of the bride and groom). Ministers were to keep a record of marriages performed and were required to present these registers at the court that convened in James City each year on the first of June.

http://www.lva.virginia.gov/public/guides/research_note_26.pdf

In fact, marriage law as written and sanctioned by the state can be traced back to Anglo-Norman times, and even earlier to Rome.

And of course the issue with regard to same-sex couples accessing marriage law pertains only to that civil contract law.

Consequently, the libertarian notion that marriage was somehow ‘misappropriated’ by the state in recent times is nonsense.

`

Incorrect.

The states have been sanctioning marriage and enacting marriage law (civil contract law) since before the advent of the Republic.

In Virginia, for example:

The first definitive marriage laws were passed in 1632 and remained in effect through the nineteenth century. Virginians were forbidden to marry without a marriage license or to marry without publication by banns (a public notice of intended marriage published, verbally or by written notice, for three consecutive meetings at the churches of the bride and groom). Ministers were to keep a record of marriages performed and were required to present these registers at the court that convened in James City each year on the first of June.

http://www.lva.virginia.gov/public/guides/research_note_26.pdf

In fact, marriage law as written and sanctioned by the state can be traced back to Anglo-Norman times, and even earlier to Rome.

And of course the issue with regard to same-sex couples accessing marriage law pertains only to that civil contract law.

Consequently, the libertarian notion that marriage was somehow ‘misappropriated’ by the state in recent times is nonsense.

That's nice, but that's not how I was using the word "state."

Firefox is to slow, to fat, and to buggy these days. Switched to Chrome.

Yeah ... Firefox is super slow. I think Chrome sounds like the way to go. I voted that I would uninstall because it's "evil" but I probably wouldn't have until reading some of these posts. These days it doesn't make much sense boycotting big business when they're all headed down the same slippery slop. I'm sure that Chrome, Opera, Explorer and the rest are all jumping on the politically correct bandwagon.

Yeah ... Firefox is super slow. I think Chrome sounds like the way to go. I voted that I would uninstall because it's "evil" but I probably wouldn't have until reading some of these posts. These days it doesn't make much sense boycotting big business when they're all headed down the same slippery slop. I'm sure that Chrome, Opera, Explorer and the rest are all jumping on the politically correct bandwagon.

Chrome is a nice, light browser. but lacks support for a lot of functions. Silverlight flat out doesn't run, many Flash functions are crippled.

And really, the only true evil in computing is anything and everything from Apple - the most evil corporation in human history....

Forum List

Back