So there's a white privilege conference in Madison

What these LIB "every one deserves a trophy" idiots will never comprehend is Social Darwinism is real. From the first cave men life was always 100% about survival of he fittest. It still is and always will be.
An entire race has IQs generally about 15 points below that of Whites and Asians. That isn't a 'racist myth'. It's a scientific rate of life on this planet. This fact has caused and will forever cause disparity in society.
In the past b/c life was pretty good for those who were able to succeed in school and get a descent job. These people through some form of offering charity ended up with what was freely offered being demanded of them. Now as things are getting tighter for these people they are much less inclined to help others.

Isn't it prejudiced etc to think there is white privilege and that all whites benefit from it like thinking all blacks are criminals?

White privilege doesn't exist.

I'm generally not all that concerned with these things, but I think it does at least to some extent.

No it doesn't and I'll explain why.

Privilege gives one an advantage over others who do not share them. The advantage is relative; it does not exist when the unprivileged are absent.

If white privilege was real white people would be rushing to surround themselves with nonwhites, avoiding white neighborhoods and going to majority nonwhite schools to capitalize on their privilege.

Meanwhile nonwhites would avoid majority white neighborhoods, schools etc...because they would be at a disadvantage in those places.

So if white privilege does exist, why is it that so few people take advantage of it.

What about female privilege like not being tested equally by the criminal justice system nor being drafted and killed?

White privilege doesn't exist.

I'm generally not all that concerned with these things, but I think it does at least to some extent.

Privilege gives one an advantage over others who do not share them. The advantage is relative; it does not exist when the unprivileged are absent.

If white privilege was real white people would be rushing to surround themselves with nonwhites, avoiding white neighborhoods and going to majority nonwhite schools to capitalize on their privilege.

Meanwhile nonwhites would avoid majority white neighborhoods, schools etc...because they would be at a disadvantage in those places.

So if white privilege does exist, why is it that so few people take advantage of it.

Well, here's why I think it exists. I'll start in very simple terms.

Generally speaking, in America, there are many less negative stereotypes and stigmas that apply to white people vs. black people.

When I walk into an interview - before I even say a word - I'll be judged on my skin color (to varying degrees, of course), and being white just makes things "simpler" and easier for the reason listed above.

Is that not a "privilege" of being white?

Last edited:

Generally speaking, in America, there are many less negative stereotypes and stigmas that apply to white people vs. black people.

When I walk into an interview - before I even say a word - I'll be judged on my skin color (to varying degrees, of course), and being white just makes things "simpler" and easier for the reason listed above.

Try getting a job as a male with long hair....:eusa_shifty:

What about female privilege like not being tested equally by the criminal justice system nor being drafted and killed?

Chivalric beliefs does not mean female privilege.

Put another way:

Eagly and Mladinic (1993) pointed out that the favorable, communal traits ascribed to women (e.g., nurturing, helpful, and warm) suit them for domestic roles, whereas men are presumed to possess the traits associated with competence at high-status roles (e.g., independent, ambitious, and competitive). Furthermore, women’s stereotypically communal attributes are also the traits of deference that, when enacted in daily interaction, place a person in a subordinate, less powerful position (Ridgeway, 1992). Thus, the favorable traits attributed to women may reinforce women’s lower status.

[Glick and Fiske (February 2001).]

Eagly and Mladinic (1993) pointed out that the favorable, communal traits ascribed to women (e.g., nurturing, helpful, and warm) suit them for domestic roles,

unless you are married to them....

Isn't it prejudiced etc to think there is white privilege and that all whites benefit from it like thinking all blacks are criminals?

You use way too many "alls" in that sentence.

Also to answer your question, no. It isn't "prejudice" to think that white privilege exists. Being prejudice is assuming that a black person will be this or that based on his skin color. Two different things.

Of course white privilege exists.

And, yes, female privilege exists IN SOME AREAS. But, women are still considered by many, to be second class citizens.

there are many less negative stereotypes and stigmas that apply to white people vs. black people

Are you serious?

If so then you are going to have to support that with some evidence because I can tell you the biggest stereotype of white republicans is that they're racist and then you have the stereotypical inbred hillbilly, white people can't dance, Irish people are drunks and then there's the whole "dumb blonde" stereotype and many other stereotypes.

You're assuming that first impressions are based on color, because that is what you base your first impressions on. But it's disingenuous to attribute that to others. I base my first impressions on how clean the person is (personal hygiene), how the person is dressed and their behavior.

And, yes, female privilege exists IN SOME AREAS. But, women are still considered by many, to be second class citizens.

If white privilege exist what happens when no nonwhites are around, how can white privilege exist without their presence?

Try getting a job as a male with long hair....:eusa_shifty:
That's a stupid comment. Long hair and employability are 100% relative to the job on offer and the applicant. There are males with 'long hair' who haven't had a shower for a month teaching at Harvard/Berkley.......and females for that matter.

Are you serious?

If so then you are going to have to support that with some evidence because I can tell you the biggest stereotype of white republicans is that they're racist and then you have the stereotypical inbred hillbilly, white people can't dance, Irish people are drunks and then there's the whole "dumb blonde" stereotype and many other stereotypes.

Lonestar, come on man. You’re playing games.

I’m talking about stereotypes based on the moment you walk through the door. Skin color is a visual you can absolutely not change, and (as I stated before) there are a slew of negative stereotypes that persist around blacks – specifically – that put them at an instant disadvantage. This is white privilege.

The examples you provided are poor for a few reasons. First is that many are not instantly visible. You can’t pick out a Republican by sight. Secondly, when you’re interviewing at a job there’s a good chance the interviewer will be Republican anyways. It’s about 50/50 in America. And obviously, can't blacks be republicans too?

And Irish? What is this 1934? In America today the nationalities among white people are a non-issue. I mean, people may have cared if a Irish Catholic was running for President in 1960, but no one gives a rat’s ass today.

Skin color is a wholly different issue, sir.

Last edited:

If white privilege exist what happens when no nonwhites are around, how can white privilege exist without their presence?

If there existed a nation/world with only whites, obviously "white privilege" wouldn't exist.

Forum List

Back