So Much For The Tea Party Being Freedom Loving Patriotss

You really are too fucking stupid to know what 'rigging an election' is?

Priceless. :rofl:

You really are too stupid to think beyond your nose.

yup, you are too fucking stupid to know what constitutes rigging an election. I guess I should not really be overly surprised.

If spending money in an effort to get your chosen candidate elected is rigging an election, then every election EVER was rigged, dumb ass.

You. Are. A. Moron.

You really are too stupid to think beyond your nose.

yup, you are too fucking stupid to know what constitutes rigging an election. I guess I should not really be overly surprised.

If spending money in an effort to get your chosen candidate elected is rigging an election, then every election EVER was rigged, dumb ass.

You. Are. A. Moron.

that's the BEST you've got?

You get totally PWNED, and 'moron' is the best comeback you can muster?

Wow... that is sad.

You. Are. A. Moron.

Wow... that is sad.

Because you're unable to put 2 + 2 together, that means I got owned? I was wrong - You. Are. A. Fucking. Idiot.

Unions have no place in the public sector. Even FDR was opposed to Public Sector unions. AFL-CIO leader George Meaney was against them and said "it is impossible to bargain collectively with the government.”

Public sector unions insist on laws that serve their interests - at the expense of the common good. The founders of the labor movement viewed unions as a vehicle to get workers more of the profits they help create. Government workers don’t generate profits. They merely negotiate for more tax money. When government unions strike, they strike against taxpayers. F.D.R. considered this “unthinkable and intolerable.”

Government collective bargaining means voters do not have the final say on public policy. Instead their elected representatives must negotiate spending and policy decisions with unions. The same Unions that donate to their campaigns. It is a clear conflict of interest.

And that has what to do with this thread?

Do you deny the OP statement?

i believe the tea party wants to take the govt back (whatever that means), and is willing to crush public sector unions to do it.

supporting unions is not a yardstick of one's patriotism, imo.

i think the OP is intellectually dishonest and i deny it.

1 in 10 workers belong to a union. The top 1% wealthiest Americans have much, much more power than unions.

Is that the top 1% of workers or the bottom 1%?

1 in 10 workers belong to a union. The top 1% wealthiest Americans have much, much more power than unions.

good grief, if you aren't obsessing about Republicans, you're obsessing about people who have money. of course you could give a shit Less about us TAXPAYERS being fleeced out of OUR MONEY by your hero Obama and his Comrades in Arms in the DEMOCRAT PARTY.

You are not being "fleeced" by Democrats. Otherwise, it would be the Democrats who have the money.

Does EVERYTHING have to be explained?

Democrats like Jimmy Buffet and the Wall Streeters who donated over $16 million to Obama?

Why is a person not a patriot if he opposes a union?

A worker has to pay a fee to work at a job? That's hardly a freedom.

Then he has to pay a dues that goes to a candidate that he didn't choose. How is that freedom.

If the worker comes late to work and starts drinking on the job and makes inferior products, the union will not let the company fire him. Is that morally right?

The inferior products the poor worker makes have to be thrown out and he incurs a loss for the company, but he still stays working because the union won't let him be fired. Is that financially good for the company?

If the company doesn't do well financially, they can' pay their workers higher wages.

Are unions patriots?

good grief, if you aren't obsessing about Republicans, you're obsessing about people who have money. of course you could give a shit Less about us TAXPAYERS being fleeced out of OUR MONEY by your hero Obama and his Comrades in Arms in the DEMOCRAT PARTY.

You are not being "fleeced" by Democrats. Otherwise, it would be the Democrats who have the money.

Again, as I never got an answer the first time, I'll say it again...

So, you think all rich people are Republicans then?

there's a good al gore won florida whinefest a couple of threads over.

you should check it out; you'll fit right in.

i believe the tea party wants to take the govt back (whatever that means), and is willing to crush public sector unions to do it.

The TP taking the govt back is like Christians taking the pagan holiday of Christmas back.
Neither bunch is taking anything back, they are taking over or hope to.

Why Are Democrats Richer than Republicans?Tom Kando

...And here is another thing: On average, Republicans are poorer than Democrats! Just go figure. When it comes to economics, it should be pretty simple. There are two basic political attitudes, and you would expect them to correlate with how rich a person is: you would expect both the rich and the poor to vote their pocketbook.

The rich would vote for lower taxes and for the government to butt out, i.e. Republican, conservative. The poor would vote for more re-distribution of wealth, more government services, i.e. Democratic, liberal.

But, lo and behold, it’s the opposite! Even though there is a lot of overlap, the statistics are clear: The average income of the 100 million or so Republicans is LOWER than that of the 150 million or so Democrats!

there's a good al gore won florida whinefest a couple of threads over.

you should check it out; you'll fit right in.

taking government "back" from what? lawful elections? or from people so they can give all the power in our government to corporations vis a vis dumping massive amounts of money into political campaigns? what are they taking "back". they started that lying BS the day after the president won an election with 52% of the popular vote and 365 electoral votes.

they want to destroy unions because that's what the koch brothers who are paying for their little adventure told them they need in order to have limitless profits.

you can disagree. but it's pretty clear to anyone who's watching. and until the rabid rightwing of the court is off the bench and citizen's united is overturned or a constitutional amendment enacted (not likely), that's all the tea people are... the arm of the koch brothers and grover norquist.

taking government "back", my butt...

/rant (not at you, del, but i'm so bored of their lies).

Last edited:
In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections.

Rare TEA Party Candor

Over the weekend, I obtained a copy of an e-mail written to members by the Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party, Tom Zawistowski. The substance of the e-mail concerns itself with the November referendum vote in Ohio to keep or reject SB5, the now-infamous collective bargaining smashing legislation passed by Governor Kasich and his Tea Party Confederacy in Ohio's state legislature.

The ballot issue will be Issue 2. The vote is on November 8, just a few short weeks away. To vote to end collective bargaining for public employees, Ohioans will vote "yes." To vote to kill SB5 and thus maintain the collective bargaining rights of public employees, Ohioans will vote "no."

The last polls I saw showed SB5 being scrapped by voters by a 51%-38% margin.

As you can imagine, Ohio's Tea Party, Governor LittleJohn, and Republicans in the state legislature are worried. As they should be. Even Ohio citizens who are not especially fond of labor unions have seen the unfairness and extremity in SB5.

This GOP worry in Ohio is why Mr. Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party sent out his e-mail. The e-mail is seasoned with doom and gloom if SB5 is defeated. What I found most interesting was the candid nature of Mr. Zawistowski's remarks. Many times, in the early days of SB5, Republicans usually explained that the bill was necessary to balance the state's budget. But that was never true…..

"So, let me be clear. Everyone else can have whatever motivations they want to support issue 2, but for the TEA Party/Patriot movement our number one goal is to de-fund the union leadership and thus their exclusive partners in the Democratic Party and take back control of our government. When we pass Issue 2, and the Democratic Party and the Unions are defunded, they will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. …they (Democrats) will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. Barack Obama and Sherrod Brown will lose Ohio and be thrown out of office in 2012. The Governor and the Ohio Legislature will be emboldened and thus willing to introduce more conservative legislation like Workman's Comp reform, Right to Work, School Choice and much more… "

:cuckoo::cuckoo: The OWS group is out their protesting politicians being bought off by corporations--but don't want to talk about the DEMOCRATS being bought off by UNIONS. And only 7% of the working class of this country even belongs to a Union.

The below chart is the amount of donations that went to Democrats from Union DUES---$478,000,000 Now I am certain that Union members would much prefer that their dues go into their retirement funds--health care funds--vacation funds--etc.--but it is automatically funneled into democrat politicians pockets.

$Unions funding into the democrat party.jpg

Last edited:

taking government "back" from what? lawful elections? or from people so they can give all the power in our government to corporations vis a vis dumping massive amounts of money into political campaigns? what are they taking "back". they started that lying BS the day after the president won an election with 52% of the popular vote and 365 electoral votes.

they want to destroy unions because that's what the koch brothers who are paying for their little adventure told them they need in order to have limitless profits.

you can disagree. but it's pretty clear to anyone who's watching. and until the rabid rightwing of the court is off the bench and citizen's united is overturned or a constitutional amendment enacted (not likely), that's all the tea people are... the arm of the koch brothers and grover norquist.

taking government "back", my butt...

/rant (not at you, del, but i'm so bored of their lies).

For a seemingly intelligent person, you speak in pure talking points not very impressive, I must say.

In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections.

Rare TEA Party Candor

Over the weekend, I obtained a copy of an e-mail written to members by the Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party, Tom Zawistowski. The substance of the e-mail concerns itself with the November referendum vote in Ohio to keep or reject SB5, the now-infamous collective bargaining smashing legislation passed by Governor Kasich and his Tea Party Confederacy in Ohio's state legislature.

The ballot issue will be Issue 2. The vote is on November 8, just a few short weeks away. To vote to end collective bargaining for public employees, Ohioans will vote "yes." To vote to kill SB5 and thus maintain the collective bargaining rights of public employees, Ohioans will vote "no."

The last polls I saw showed SB5 being scrapped by voters by a 51%-38% margin.

As you can imagine, Ohio's Tea Party, Governor LittleJohn, and Republicans in the state legislature are worried. As they should be. Even Ohio citizens who are not especially fond of labor unions have seen the unfairness and extremity in SB5.

This GOP worry in Ohio is why Mr. Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party sent out his e-mail. The e-mail is seasoned with doom and gloom if SB5 is defeated. What I found most interesting was the candid nature of Mr. Zawistowski's remarks. Many times, in the early days of SB5, Republicans usually explained that the bill was necessary to balance the state's budget. But that was never true…..

"So, let me be clear. Everyone else can have whatever motivations they want to support issue 2, but for the TEA Party/Patriot movement our number one goal is to de-fund the union leadership and thus their exclusive partners in the Democratic Party and take back control of our government. When we pass Issue 2, and the Democratic Party and the Unions are defunded, they will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. …they (Democrats) will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. Barack Obama and Sherrod Brown will lose Ohio and be thrown out of office in 2012. The Governor and the Ohio Legislature will be emboldened and thus willing to introduce more conservative legislation like Workman's Comp reform, Right to Work, School Choice and much more… "

unions aren't for freedom. The very mention of freedom with unions can never work You are not free to do as you please in a union you are forced to pay union dues if you don't you lose your job and if the union decides to go on strike you are not free to work. Therefore you are full of shit.

You. Are. A. Moron.

Wow... that is sad.

Because you're unable to put 2 + 2 together, that means I got owned? I was wrong - You. Are. A. Fucking. Idiot.

What someone called you out on facts--and as usual you've got your panties all tied up in a wad--can't give a reasonable reply--so then everyone's a moron.

Unions are in the pockets of DEMOCRATS in this country--and you still have not addressed that. I thought that was what this OWS protest was all about. Getting big MONEY INFLUENCE out of Washington D.C.? I guess only when it suits their purpose is when they're against it.

Last edited:
I was listening to a friend of mine complaining that the packing plant he worked at for 15 yrs closed. Yes it was a union shop, and this person thought he got screwed by the owner, then as the conversation went on he'd tell me the things he wouldn’t do because he was in the union. And about the people that fell asleep on the line, all the screw-ups he had there. So I said to him you let them get a bunch of Mexicans in there, those guys work. The problem is So many in this country think they are owed things, why should they work harder than anyone else, they have a right to be employed, have these benefits, have this jobs Mexican immigrants are happy to work.

I was listening to a friend of mine complaining that the packing plant he worked at for 15 yrs closed. Yes it was a union shop, and this person thought he got screwed by the owner, then as the conversation went on he'd tell me the things he wouldn’t do because he was in the union. And about the people that fell asleep on the line, all the screw-ups he had there. So I said to him you let them get a bunch of Mexicans in there, those guys work. The problem is So many in this country think they are owed things, why should they work harder than anyone else, they have a right to be employed, have these benefits, have this jobs Mexican immigrants are happy to work.

The new American way, prosperity thru lower wages and benefits.

The new American way, prosperity thru lower wages and benefits.

I am a small business electrical contractor and have employed union electricians. Some are referred to as flee's--because they will purposefully work slow and or hide off of a large job site--in order to drag the job into overtime--making the job costs sky-rocket--that the business owner cannot make up for.

I am not saying that all Union members work (or should I say don't work) but there should be no surprise when they do this--that they eventually get everyone working at a company standing in an unemployment line--because they just bankrupted the company they were working for.

Forum List

Back