So Much For The Tea Party Being Freedom Loving Patriotss

You are insane!! Gabby Giffords was attacked by a crazed lunatic. :eek:

that is TM's definition of Republicans.

Truth matters should be ashamed of herself for even posting that. But alas, I doubt she has any shame, sad....very, very sad.

It's fine with her that some guy has his pants down around his knees with his ass up against a patrol car. I guess I expect too much.

Gabby Giffords got a brick through her office window.

The truth is not up for you revision

I remember when they were spitting on elected officials while elected Republicans were putting up signs and egging them on.

video link please.

Congressman Spit On By Tea Party Protester (VIDEO)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYRLeJw1aG8]Tea Party Hate and Spit Targets Blacks and Democrats - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmP4Gb2pEsY&feature]Congressman Emanuel Cleaver spit on by teabagger before healthcare vote - new video! - YouTube[/ame]

Congressman Emanuel Cleaver clearly seen being spit on by teabagger before healthcare vote then wiping the spit off his face as he walked away. Disgusting.

You be the judge.

Oops.

Some lawmakers waved handwritten signs and led the crowd in chants of "Kill the Bill." A few waved the yellow "Don't Tread on Me" flag of the tea party movement. Still others fired up the demonstrators with campaign-style signs mocking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and offering messages such as "Let's Meet 'em at the State Line." Some Democrats worried aloud about the risk of violence, while anxious Capitol Police struggled to keep the crowd away from the building.

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/03/22

Last edited by a moderator:
You are insane!! Gabby Giffords was attacked by a crazed lunatic. :eek:

that is TM's definition of Republicans.

Truth matters should be ashamed of herself for even posting that. But alas, I doubt she has any shame, sad....very, very sad.

It's fine with her that some guy has his pants down around his knees with his ass up against a patrol car. I guess I expect too much.

You need to appolgise to me for your insults in the face of facts

I'm wondering if all these TPers raging about Unions having money to influence elections, I wonder if they feel the same way about the unlimited amounts of money companies can funnel into elections.

Odd how we never hear any uproar about that.

GOOGLE this...

corporations influence elections

Tell me how many hits you get.

Sounds like an uproar to me.

Interesting how none of the sites that came up were TP sites.

I get that a lot. You're not a libertarian kaz because you're not a liberal! Bam, nailed you...

I didn't get it then either. When the TP or I want you to tell us what our priorities should be to satisfy liberals we'll let you know...

I remember when they were spitting on elected officials while elected Republicans were putting up signs and egging them on.

video link please.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYRLeJw1aG8]Tea Party Hate and Spit Targets Blacks and Democrats - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmP4Gb2pEsY&feature]Congressman Emanuel Cleaver spit on by teabagger before healthcare vote - new video! - YouTube[/ame]

Congressman Emanuel Cleaver clearly seen being spit on by teabagger before healthcare vote then wiping the spit off his face as he walked away. Disgusting.

You be the judge.

Oops.

Some lawmakers waved handwritten signs and led the crowd in chants of "Kill the Bill." A few waved the yellow "Don't Tread on Me" flag of the tea party movement. Still others fired up the demonstrators with campaign-style signs mocking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and offering messages such as "Let's Meet 'em at the State Line." Some Democrats worried aloud about the risk of violence, while anxious Capitol Police struggled to keep the crowd away from the building.

Republican Lawmakers Stir Up the 'Tea Party' Crowd | Common Dreams

Notice how Republicans DEMAND video evidence? And when you give it to them, they NEVER apologize. Never. Yet, they say the most outrageous things about Obama and about Democrats and yet rarely show any evidence. And when they do show evidence, it's some bizarre quote from the Heritage Foundation or Fox News. On the level of Obama taking a trip costing 200 million dollars a day or Obama being smuggled into America after being born in Kenya because he was being groomed to be president. They live in a world a fantasy.

please show me the post indicating i am outraged.

I'll wait.

Ah. So you don't care. Ok. Fine by me.

I think you should clarify your position better in the future though. You seem to be flip-flopping a bit.
If I expressed no outrage previously... and continue to not express outrage, HOW, exactly, did I flip flop?

Look, it's very simple and easy for you to clarify your position.

Are you against unions spending money to influence elections?
Are you against companies spending money to influence elections?

I remember when they were spitting on elected officials while elected Republicans were putting up signs and egging them on

Notice how Republicans DEMAND video evidence? And when you give it to them, they NEVER apologize. Never

You didn't provide video evidence. Do you see a difference between your post and your evidence? Hint, you have egg on your face. You really are that stupid aren't you? This is why I don't bother to actually debate liberals anymore. Every argument is like this. You make a statement, you're challenged, you present evidence that doesn't refute it and go on an idiotic rant. Sadly that's as good as any discussion with a liberal ever is.

there's a good al gore won florida whinefest a couple of threads over.

you should check it out; you'll fit right in.

And that has what to do with this thread?

Do you deny the OP statement?

i believe the tea party wants to take the govt back (whatever that means), and is willing to crush public sector unions to do it.

supporting unions is not a yardstick of one's patriotism, imo.

i think the OP is intellectually dishonest and i deny it.

State and local public sector unions should be permanently barred from striking AT A MINIMUM as are federal ones -and preferably banned entirely. How can an elected official claim to represent the best interests of public union members -and the best interests of the people who PAY THOSE BILLS? It is a major, MAJOR conflict of interest between two competing interests that are NOT the same whatsoever and those who get screwed by this SCAM are WE THE PEOPLE who will always get stuck with the tab. Public unions are ONLY concerned about the interests of their own union members and always will NO MATTER WHAT. No matter what. What is good enough for federal government employees (who cannot strike and the last time they tried they all got fired) is good enough for state and local ones as well. There is a reason previous Democrats repeatedly warned AGAINST the efforts of the left to unionize government employees and there is a reason modern Democrats ignored it, pushed it and wholeheartedly support it.

But public unions pit their interests against those of the people footing the bill -while Democrats run on the platform THEY have the best interests of these union members at heart and THEY represent their best interests. And because they are bought and sold by unions -THEY are correct. Which means they sure as hell cannot represent MY best interests as someone forced to foot those bills. When public unions threaten to go on strike, they are NOT striking against some jet-setting billionaire callous to the woes of his employees. They aren't striking against a governor who took an oath about doing what is in the state's best interests and not the unions. When public union employees go on strike, they are striking against US -the people who pay their salaries!

But this is the problem -IT AIN'T THEIR FUCKING GOVERNMENT and it isn't a business operation based on productivity and profit. But they have no problem holding it hostage anyway even if it means denying services to the people who actually PAY FOR IT ALL. For example -who pays for teachers' salaries and benefits packages? When they go on strike they are striking against every American who PAYS THEIR SALARY -and they have NO problem holding your kid's education hostage in the process. Oh they will rant and rave and act like they are striking against the politician who actually stands up to them -but their "boss" is NOT the governor or mayor or ANY elected official at all. Their boss isn't a politician at all -it is US! When they go on strike, they are striking against US! When they go on strike, it is US they intend to hurt and punish and it is US they want to see squealing in pain until WE give in to THEIR demands. That is what public unions do, it is what they intend to do and causing US, the people who foot the bills PAIN AND HARM in as part of their extortion scheme to hijack OUR government and deny us the services WE pay for and hold it hostage to THEIR demands is just their way of US to all go fuck ourselves and that while we get stuck with all the bills, government belongs to THEM and they claim a "right" to deny its services to WE THE PEOPLE who pay for it all. Best of all, they laugh all the way to bank every time someone blames some governor who actually does have the best interests of those footing the bills at heart instead of the extortionists. Teachers don't OWN my kid's education, they don't own my kid, they don't own me, they don't own the schools and they don't own government. This is NOT some group being preyed upon by some greedy capitalist being worked to the bone and near death in exchange for paltry wages that won't keep a cat alive! And if teachers decide they don't want to teach our kids for the going rate, its time for them to go find another fucking job that will pay them $40,000 for nine months of work with free health insurance and a pension for life -all at the expense of the rest of us, most of whom will not have the generous health insurance coverage OR the pension they still get stuck paying for.

Working in the public sector should be less financially rewarding because everyone in the private sector is paying that salary. It means removing a productive worker from the private sector and turning him into a parasite on the rest of us. And worst yet -unlike the private sector, HIS salary is not tied to his productivity or the revenue his work generates. Unlike the private sector, what it takes to get rid of an incompetent government employee is nearly insurmountable -it doesn't matter how crappy he does his job. The odds are he will get promoted and another raise, juicier pensions and benefits than the average person in the private sector who is stuck paying for it all!

I absolutely believe Democrats when it comes to who best represents their interests and EVERYONE else should too. Without a doubt. Absolutely Democrats have the best interests of public unions at heart and far more than Republicans. But let's ALWAYS keep in mind exactly what that REALLY means. While they openly curry favor with the unions, it is also an unambiguous announcement they will NOT represent the best interests of the rest of us -because that is impossible. These are COMPETING interests and Democrats have made it abundantly and repeatedly clear where they come down.

Consider just a few facts before cheering on public unions in their never ending quest to put the screws to the people who pay their salaries. Twice as many people (22.5 MILLION) work for government than work in all of manufacturing. More people work for government than work in construction, farming, fishing, forestry, manufacturing, mining and utilities COMBINED. It is those who work in the PRIVATE sector who foot ALL the bills for government and everyone employed by government -and in reality among those in the private sector, only 51% of us are footing all those bills. 22.5 MILLION government employees -who in reality exist as TAKERS and parasites on the rest of us who foot the bills. Every additional person hired by government means the burden on the remaining dwindling numbers working the private sector who pay for it all has just increased again. It is a MAJOR reason why big, expanding government actually causes GREATER damage to an already damaged economy. It removes even MORE productive citizens who are the ones who actually pay for it all - and turns them into another parasite who will TAKE instead.

As for private sector unions, they are multi-billion dollar operations that earn tremendous revenue every year, much of it used to buy politicians, much of it used corruptly and without regard to the wishes of their members and which put up all resistance to an honest accounting and disclosure of where their money goes and for what purposes. Private sector unions should IMMEDIATELY lose their tax exempt status because their revenue exceeds the general budget of many states. They should be TAXED along with all other corporations.

In fact I sent emails to my Congressional representatives in both houses demanding that Congress rescind their tax exempt status as the profit making entities they really are -and force private sector unions to start PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE! I urge everyone to do the same.

Nothing then? No uproar about companies buying elections? No TP sites? No TP protests?

So you only get outraged over Unions "buying" elections but Companies, well that's fine by you?

please show me the post indicating i am outraged.

I'll wait.

I think you should clarify your position better in the future though. You seem to be flip-flopping a bit.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Do you read Palms too??? ;) Read This... :321:

video link please.

You be the judge.

Oops.

you never got 'sprayed' when someone was 'saying' it? Of course, that couldn't POSSIBLY be what happened there. The evil baby eating tea bagger OBVIOUSLY spit in the mans face...right deany?

:rofl:

If I expressed no outrage previously... and continue to not express outrage, HOW, exactly, did I flip flop?

it's not up to me to 'clarify' anything. I took no position in the first place, so there could BE no flip flopping. If you have a post proving I flip flopped, please present a link to said post. otherwise, you simply prove yourself a worthless troll who likes to make accusations without the burden of proof.

video link please.

You be the judge.

Oops.

Notice how Republicans DEMAND video evidence? And when you give it to them, they NEVER apologize. Never. Yet, they say the most outrageous things about Obama and about Democrats and yet rarely show any evidence. And when they do show evidence, it's some bizarre quote from the Heritage Foundation or Fox News. On the level of Obama taking a trip costing 200 million dollars a day or Obama being smuggled into America after being born in Kenya because he was being groomed to be president. They live in a world a fantasy.

You are an Idiot. I support Peaceful, Non Violent Protest, even Civil Disobedience, when the Code is Strictly Enforced. Personally I Denounce Violence RD, there is no excuse for it. I do not apologize for what Others do without My knowledge or Consent, nor should you. To be aware of it and speak against it is about the most one can do. Don't support it, don't make excuses for it, don't try to justify it. That is reasonable. Obama's alleged Foreign Student Visa is His business. :razz: :D ;)

it's not up to me to 'clarify' anything. I took no position in the first place, so there could BE no flip flopping. If you have a post proving I flip flopped, please present a link to said post. otherwise, you simply prove yourself a worthless troll who likes to make accusations without the burden of proof.

Oh, so you don't have a position on this at all then.

Huh, then why are you here?

"So, let me be clear. Everyone else can have whatever motivations they want to support issue 2, but for the TEA Party/Patriot movement our number one goal is to de-fund the union leadership and thus their exclusive partners in the Democratic Party and take back control of our government. When we pass Issue 2, and the Democratic Party and the Unions are defunded, they will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. …they (Democrats) will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. Barack Obama and Sherrod Brown will lose Ohio and be thrown out of office in 2012. The Governor and the Ohio Legislature will be emboldened and thus willing to introduce more conservative legislation like Workman's Comp reform, Right to Work, School Choice and much more… "

Obviously this can not be made representative of the TPM as a whole but it is strong evidence that a significant component of the TPM is highly partisan and is not all-inclusive of other views, opinions, and ideologies. It’s also typical of the TPM and GOP in general to attempt to win elections not on the soundness of their ideas or the merits of conservative positions, but by ‘defunding’ the opposition and the use of similar political contrivances designed to limit the franchise of a segment of the voting population, namely, democrats.

If any conservative has an example of democratic elected officials in a given jurisdiction using the election process to limit or restrict a typical republican funding source, he should feel free to cite it.

it is strong evidence that a significant component of the TPM is highly partisan and is not all-inclusive of other views, opinions, and ideologies

So do you consider liberalism to be "all-inclusive of other views, opinions, and ideologies?"

In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections.

You really are too fucking stupid to know what 'rigging an election' is?

Priceless. :rofl:

You really are too stupid to think beyond your nose.

In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections.

You really are too fucking stupid to know what 'rigging an election' is?

Priceless. :rofl:

You really are too stupid to think beyond your nose.

yup, you are too fucking stupid to know what constitutes rigging an election. I guess I should not really be overly surprised.

If spending money in an effort to get your chosen candidate elected is rigging an election, then every election EVER was rigged, dumb ass.

Oh, so you don't have a position on this at all then.

Huh, then why are you here?
primarily to piss you off.

I wasn't aware I had to have a reson to be here, or post said reason, or take a position one way or the other on anything.

Any other DBS rules I should be aware of here, since you run the board and all?

Forum List

Back