So Much For The Tea Party Being Freedom Loving Patriotss

I'm wondering if all these TPers raging about Unions having money to influence elections, I wonder if they feel the same way about the unlimited amounts of money companies can funnel into elections.

Odd how we never hear any uproar about that.

I'm wondering if all these TPers raging about Unions having money to influence elections, I wonder if they feel the same way about the unlimited amounts of money companies can funnel into elections.

GOOGLE this...

corporations influence elections

Tell me how many hits you get.

Sounds like an uproar to me.

Strange, isn't it?

GOOGLE this...

Interesting how none of the sites that came up were TP sites.

In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections.

Rare TEA Party Candor

Over the weekend, I obtained a copy of an e-mail written to members by the Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party, Tom Zawistowski. The substance of the e-mail concerns itself with the November referendum vote in Ohio to keep or reject SB5, the now-infamous collective bargaining smashing legislation passed by Governor Kasich and his Tea Party Confederacy in Ohio's state legislature.

The ballot issue will be Issue 2. The vote is on November 8, just a few short weeks away. To vote to end collective bargaining for public employees, Ohioans will vote "yes." To vote to kill SB5 and thus maintain the collective bargaining rights of public employees, Ohioans will vote "no."

The last polls I saw showed SB5 being scrapped by voters by a 51%-38% margin.

As you can imagine, Ohio's Tea Party, Governor LittleJohn, and Republicans in the state legislature are worried. As they should be. Even Ohio citizens who are not especially fond of labor unions have seen the unfairness and extremity in SB5.

This GOP worry in Ohio is why Mr. Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party sent out his e-mail. The e-mail is seasoned with doom and gloom if SB5 is defeated. What I found most interesting was the candid nature of Mr. Zawistowski's remarks. Many times, in the early days of SB5, Republicans usually explained that the bill was necessary to balance the state's budget. But that was never true…..

"So, let me be clear. Everyone else can have whatever motivations they want to support issue 2, but for the TEA Party/Patriot movement our number one goal is to de-fund the union leadership and thus their exclusive partners in the Democratic Party and take back control of our government. When we pass Issue 2, and the Democratic Party and the Unions are defunded, they will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. …they (Democrats) will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. Barack Obama and Sherrod Brown will lose Ohio and be thrown out of office in 2012. The Governor and the Ohio Legislature will be emboldened and thus willing to introduce more conservative legislation like Workman's Comp reform, Right to Work, School Choice and much more… "

I thought the Unions were about State Capitalism, the Privileged Elite, and screwing everyone they could get away with screwing? :lol:

i believe the tea party wants to take the govt back (whatever that means), and is willing to crush public sector unions to do it.

supporting unions is not a yardstick of one's patriotism, imo.

i think the OP is intellectually dishonest and i deny it.

1 in 10 workers belong to a union. The top 1% wealthiest Americans have much, much more power than unions.

that's nice.

did you know only 6% of scientists are republicans?

run along

Yes, scientists are educated people.

In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections.

Rare TEA Party Candor

Over the weekend, I obtained a copy of an e-mail written to members by the Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party, Tom Zawistowski. The substance of the e-mail concerns itself with the November referendum vote in Ohio to keep or reject SB5, the now-infamous collective bargaining smashing legislation passed by Governor Kasich and his Tea Party Confederacy in Ohio's state legislature.

The ballot issue will be Issue 2. The vote is on November 8, just a few short weeks away. To vote to end collective bargaining for public employees, Ohioans will vote "yes." To vote to kill SB5 and thus maintain the collective bargaining rights of public employees, Ohioans will vote "no."

The last polls I saw showed SB5 being scrapped by voters by a 51%-38% margin.

As you can imagine, Ohio's Tea Party, Governor LittleJohn, and Republicans in the state legislature are worried. As they should be. Even Ohio citizens who are not especially fond of labor unions have seen the unfairness and extremity in SB5.

This GOP worry in Ohio is why Mr. Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party sent out his e-mail. The e-mail is seasoned with doom and gloom if SB5 is defeated. What I found most interesting was the candid nature of Mr. Zawistowski's remarks. Many times, in the early days of SB5, Republicans usually explained that the bill was necessary to balance the state's budget. But that was never true…..

"So, let me be clear. Everyone else can have whatever motivations they want to support issue 2, but for the TEA Party/Patriot movement our number one goal is to de-fund the union leadership and thus their exclusive partners in the Democratic Party and take back control of our government. When we pass Issue 2, and the Democratic Party and the Unions are defunded, they will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. …they (Democrats) will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. Barack Obama and Sherrod Brown will lose Ohio and be thrown out of office in 2012. The Governor and the Ohio Legislature will be emboldened and thus willing to introduce more conservative legislation like Workman's Comp reform, Right to Work, School Choice and much more… "
Over the weekend, I got an email from JosefK and he said he was and is a retard. He even said that all of his loved ones would send me emails confirming that he is a retard, and they did.

So, JosefK is a retard.

Remember the cut gas lines and bricks through windows?

Gabby Giffords was one who got a brick

there's a good al gore won florida whinefest a couple of threads over.

you should check it out; you'll fit right in.

And that has what to do with this thread?

Do you deny the OP statement?

i believe the tea party wants to take the govt back (whatever that means), and is willing to crush public sector unions to do it.

supporting unions is not a yardstick of one's patriotism, imo.

i think the OP is intellectually dishonest and i deny it.

It's about "choice and competition". With states going into debt and looking for ways to cut expenses, unions shouldn't be afraid to compete with those businesses of non-union wages if they believe they can perform good quality work. If you want to know the truth about unions, from someone who used to work in one, it's all about shutting out the competition by assimilating more companies into the union. The SOLE purpose of which, is to generate more dues revenue to be funneled up to the ladder to the top "fat cats" who get richer and use that power of LARGE donations to influence elections in favor of more Democrats. Democrats who then manipulate the corporate environment, to allow more companies to be disadvantaged and fall victim to the union assimilation process in an endless circle. Unions used to care about the workers they represent: such as safety conditions, shift differentials, OSHA standards, etc. Goals I wish unions still aspire to achieve today, in the purpose it was originally intended to perform. However, ask any union employee what their dues have brought them RECENTLY for the benefit of "conditions" in the workforce, and they can't answer you. In fact TODAYS unions are more concerned with self preservation to obtain absolute power, than leading the way in improving the conditions of the work environment for workers everywhere (all while they take a bigger portion out of your paycheck).

Last edited:
Remember the cut gas lines and bricks through windows?

Gabby Giffords was one who got a brick

You are insane!! Gabby Giffords was attacked by a crazed lunatic. :eek:

that is TM's definition of Republicans.

Truth matters should be ashamed of herself for even posting that. But alas, I doubt she has any shame, sad....very, very sad.

It's fine with her that some guy has his pants down around his knees with his ass up against a patrol car. I guess I expect too much.

GOOGLE this...

Nothing then? No uproar about companies buying elections? No TP sites? No TP protests?

So you only get outraged over Unions "buying" elections but Companies, well that's fine by you?

GOOGLE this...

Nothing then? No uproar about companies buying elections? No TP sites? No TP protests?

So you only get outraged over Unions "buying" elections but Companies, well that's fine by you?

please show me the post indicating i am outraged.

I'll wait.

I'll wait.

Ah. So you don't care. Ok. Fine by me.

I think you should clarify your position better in the future though. You seem to be flip-flopping a bit.

I'll wait.

Ah. So you don't care. Ok. Fine by me.

I think you should clarify your position better in the future though. You seem to be flip-flopping a bit.
If I expressed no outrage previously... and continue to not express outrage, HOW, exactly, did I flip flop?

Forum List

Back