Does the Media Manipulate the Political Process?

uscitizen

Reaction score

Is the pope catholic?

OP
truthsaga

truthsaga

Economic and BlowBack Ace
Reaction score
I needed that lol :clap2:

Jackson

Gold Member
Reaction score
On another thread, someone posted about the story of Fast & Furious and which networks carried the story tonight. Subpoenas will be coming out this week to administration officials. Every main network and cable network was listed. No network except Fox carried the story.

It wasn't that the F & F wasn't the lead story, it wasn't mentioned at all. Newspapers are guilty of the same thing. Is it too much to ask the actual news organizations carry the news, unbiased? Every station can have their programs where TH has their guests and attempt top sway the viewers on way or another, but leave the news to the facts and include the entire news.

The media isn't even journalism any longer.

Reaction score
Ive been watching the late night replays of sargaent schultz and hardballs for the last two weeks, neither have brought up any of the white house scandals or the new photo's of obama hanging with the anti-white group aka "The Black Panthers", as usual, Im gonna watch them at 1am and 2am,,lets see what bottom of the list issues they discuss. maybe they will talk about the weather?

OP
truthsaga

truthsaga

Economic and BlowBack Ace
Reaction score
This is gonna be my first money bomb contribution. I figure I can pay 50$ a month from now untill he gets elected. Thats a small price to pay for my freedom back.

And they say he is not electable.
It was one of the greatest expeiriences you can have online, make sure you make it over to the ronpaulforums to celebrate and follow as we make history again.

Black THIS Out Moneybomb for Ron Paul! October 19th, 2011

Money

Reaction score
All I know is that some of these not-a-chance-of-winning-the-POTUS candidates are making an KILLING off of people's enthusiasm.

Yes sir, they're using the media

CT9

Reaction score
I think you guys should read up on our history. The media was never good and always biased in some form. Seriously, Jefferson cosigned a joke of a paper... it has always been awful since our founding

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not as awful as now and never as blatantly biased and dishonest as now. The media used to operate with a code of ethics and was highly principled and careful not to engage in the politics of personal destruction without ironclad evidence that was verified and reverified and verified again.

Most of the media seems to have no moral compass whatsoever these days.

Last edited:

Money

Reaction score
I'm with CT9. I think professional media has always been corrupt and corruptible with regard to politics. Codes of ethics are often smokescreens, and I think that's always been the case with the media.

This is why the Commies go right after the media first things first.

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is rdean's next post going to say something stupid?

CT9

Reaction score
Not as awful as now and never as blatantly biased and dishonest as now. The media used to operate with a code of ethics and was highly principled and careful not to engage in the politics of personal destruction without ironclad evidence that was verified and reverified and verified again.

I completely disagree, during the Revolution plenty of propaganda was peddled by all Tories/Patriots, and Federalists/Republicans afterwards... and a lot of people who signed the Constitution took part...

I don't mean to be rude but the more I read this the more I think you don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps it has gotten worse in your lifetime, which I'd understand with the deregulation after 1996, and the flourishing of 24 hr news networks tailored to your opinions. I would say that's on par though with what American Journalism has historically been.

Last edited:

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And they say he is not electable.
No idea who ‘they’ are, but he’s not.

I completely disagree, during the Revolution plenty of propaganda was peddled by all Tories/Patriots, and Federalists/Republicans afterwards... and a lot of people who signed the Constitution took part...

I don't mean to be rude but the more I read this the more I think you don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps it has gotten worse in your lifetime, which I'd understand with the deregulation after 1996, and the flourishing of 24 hr news networks tailored to your opinions. I would say that's on par though with what American Journalism has historically been.
Correct.

This idea of the ‘golden age’ of ‘objective journalism’ is a myth.

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Reaction score
Logically speaking, how could the media NOT be part of the political process?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Is the pope catholic?
Does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?
Does a bear poop in the woods?
Do you want fries with that?
Does Tom Brady win championships?
Is Usain Bolt fast?
Is Global Warming a hoax?
Does Obama practice class-warfare?
Are Democrats big spenders?

uscitizen

Reaction score
Has the media finally stopped including Palin in the republican presidential candidate polls?

BlindBoo

Platinum Member
Reaction score

First Election after Washington.

Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman

In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

As the slurs piled on, Adams was labeled a fool, a hypocrite, a criminal, and a tyrant, while Jefferson was branded a weakling, an atheist, a libertine, and a coward.

Even Martha Washington succumbed to the propaganda, telling a clergyman that Jefferson was "one of the most detestable of mankind." Mental Floss: Jefferson: The sensitive writer type

Founding Fathers' dirty campaign - CNN

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List