So Much For The Tea Party Being Freedom Loving Patriotss

In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections.

Just the fact that you're afraid that abolishing unions would be detrimental to a democrat's chance in an election is quite telling....

:eusa_shhh:

In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections.

Just the fact that you're afraid that abolishing unions would be detrimental to a democrat's chance in an election is quite telling....

That's already happened anyway: OBAMA losing UNION support.

Speaking to reporters at a breakfast sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka (left) made it clear that his union is backing off from supporting President Obama and the Democrats in the 2012 elections and is instead going to funnel union funds into attempts to influence state outcomes.

In fact, so unhappy is Trumka with Obama that some of his affiliates won’t even be attending the Democratic Party’s 2012 national convention. His unhappiness stems from the perceived lack of support from the Obama administration over the card-check bill, which would have made union recruiting easier in current non-union shops, as well as the administration’s support for free-trade agreements with Colombia, South Korea, and Panama. Such agreements, if implemented, could conceivably have a negative impact on union employment in the country, which has been in steady decline for years.

AFL-CIO Backs Off Support for Obama, Democrats; Forms New Super PAC

That's already happened anyway: OBAMA losing UNION support.

Speaking to reporters at a breakfast sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka (left) made it clear that his union is backing off from supporting President Obama and the Democrats in the 2012 elections and is instead going to funnel union funds into attempts to influence state outcomes.

In fact, so unhappy is Trumka with Obama that some of his affiliates won’t even be attending the Democratic Party’s 2012 national convention. His unhappiness stems from the perceived lack of support from the Obama administration over the card-check bill, which would have made union recruiting easier in current non-union shops, as well as the administration’s support for free-trade agreements with Colombia, South Korea, and Panama. Such agreements, if implemented, could conceivably have a negative impact on union employment in the country, which has been in steady decline for years.

AFL-CIO Backs Off Support for Obama, Democrats; Forms New Super PAC

I wouldn't count on that. Trumka has his own room in the White House he's been there so often.:eusa_eh:....

Trumka Statement on the President's Fiscal Policy Speech

By: Richard Trumka, AFL-CIO President

Today, President Obama gave a promise to America’s working people that he wouldn’t follow the path of the radical Republican fiscal agenda that leads to lost jobs and a national decline of standards. That commitment is essential at this crucial moment for children, students, seniors and everyone who hopes for a secure economic future.

The President also made clear that he understands why Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are so important to working people. The labor movement is equally clear that we oppose cuts to any of these critical programs – no matter who proposes them.

Above all, let us refocus our national energy and attention on job creation – because successful job creation is the key to making long-term deficit reduction both easier and more politically achievable.

The Republican budget proposal, by contrast, is simply a shameful wealth transfer from working people to corporate CEOs. It does not make a significant dent in the deficit. It is a fraud on the American people. Republican leaders in Congress have shown they want a massive cut in tax rates for the wealthy and for Wall Street, and they want the middle class and the poor to pay for it in various ways, including higher health care costs, hidden tax increases and cuts in essential programs. At a time of record unemployment, each cut to our nation’s budget threatens American jobs and the Republicans’ irresponsible cuts would eliminate hundreds of thousands of them.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...mka-statement-presidents-fiscal-policy-speech

Last edited:
I was listening to a friend of mine complaining that the packing plant he worked at for 15 yrs closed. Yes it was a union shop, and this person thought he got screwed by the owner, then as the conversation went on he'd tell me the things he wouldn’t do because he was in the union. And about the people that fell asleep on the line, all the screw-ups he had there. So I said to him you let them get a bunch of Mexicans in there, those guys work. The problem is So many in this country think they are owed things, why should they work harder than anyone else, they have a right to be employed, have these benefits, have this jobs Mexican immigrants are happy to work.

The new American way, prosperity thru lower wages and benefits.

I am a small business electrical contractor and have employed union electricians. Some are referred to as flee's--because they will purposefully work slow and or hide off of a large job site--in order to drag the job into overtime--making the job costs sky-rocket--that the business owner cannot make up for.

I am not saying that all Union members work (or should I say don't work) but there should be no surprise when they do this--that they eventually get everyone working at a company standing in an unemployment line--because they just bankrupted the company they were working for.

Same thing on all levels. Rouge traders? Deadbeats/lazy asses are everywhere and lots more ciommon than they used to be .

Its not fear its facts.

Corporations give to the GOP because the GOP does their bidding.

Unions are the last big donator to dems.

Its why your team hates them and wants them dead.

Your team doesnt care about teh millions of workers unions represent.

They would love a world were there is no minimum wage or any protections for workers.

They want a return to the industrial age style market where the worker is disposable.

Its not fear its facts.

Corporations give to the GOP because the GOP does their bidding.

Unions are the last big donator to dems.

Its why your team hates them and wants them dead.

Your team doesnt care about teh millions of workers unions represent.

They would love a world were there is no minimum wage or any protections for workers.

They want a return to the industrial age style market where the worker is disposable.
The GOP and the right do not want Americans to die.

Lair! [sic]

Forum List

Back