So Joe... what is the "fair share"???

Dude, go back to post 547. It's all laid out for you right there. You quoted that post! You obviously didn't even read it!
I asked you to find on this table. NOT your table.
Where are corporate taxes on this table? That was what I was referencing to. NOT YOUR tables but this table!
Do you see ANY identification of "corporate taxes"?
taxreveunebypayer.png

It would be fair....Everyone pays the same....I don't see the problem.
You are the only party in the world that doesn't see a problem. Brainwashed and ignorant as you are by the greedy idiot rich GOP. Does the worst inequality and upward mobility ever anywhere ring a bell? If you count all taxes, we have a flat tax system. Unknown facts in GOP land

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
You are the only party in the world that doesn't see a problem. Brainwashed and ignorant as you are by the greedy idiot rich GOP. Does the worst inequality and upward mobility ever anywhere ring a bell? If you count all taxes, we have a flat tax system. Unknown facts in GOP land
No we don’t, who told that bullshit?

A whole lot wouldn't save anything or very little and a whole lot would lose their shirts in the market.

But fuck em right?

Their fault
So i have to live with less because some other people make poor decisions?

I don;t care what they do with their money they can give it to the fucking government if they want to live on a pittance in retirement.

Just make it 10% from dollar one, and no cap, and everyone could do their taxes on a post card….

What were your earnings?

Earnings x 10% = send it in….

Done.

Then move Election Day to the day after.
Too easy to cheat we already have an estimated income of 2 trillion annually that isn't reported and that's not counting illicit incomes

A consumption tax will get revenue from people who don't claim their income or who cheat on their taxes and will also get revenue from people who get their income from illicit means.

Even More giveaway to the greedy idiot GOP mega rich brainwashers, brainwashed functional moron. Poor America.
We need a consumption tax so the people who actually consume the most pay the most.

We can exempt food, clothes medical services and prescription medicines from the tax so that way people won't spend any more on necessities and will get to take home ALL their income every month

So i have to live with less because some other people make poor decisions?

I don;t care what they do with their money they can give it to the fucking government if they want to live on a pittance in retirement.
But wait.

You get guaranteed return...and your pissed?

Too easy to cheat we already have an estimated income of 2 trillion annually that isn't reported and that's not counting illicit incomes

A consumption tax will get revenue from people who don't claim their income or who cheat on their taxes and will also get revenue from people who get their income from illicit means.

How you going to cheat? Income is reported by employers, matches your W2.

But wait.

You get guaranteed return...and your pissed?
A guaranteed return is a guaranteed loss.

12.4% of my income getting about a 2% return when I know I can average at least 4 times that much with a balanced portfolio or that I could live on 5 times as much as the monthly SS pittance.

SS denies people the ability to become financially independent

Wrong. You didn't even read your own link in the OP!

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released data on individual income taxes for tax year 2017, showing the number of taxpayers, adjusted gross income, and income tax shares by income percentiles.

You conflated individual taxes with corporate taxes.

Here is a link which shows corporate tax revenue:

Revenue from corporate income tax in the United States amounted to 212 billion U.S. dollars in 2020.

212 billion dollars. That will barely pay for Congress's lunch bill.

Here's a single quarter's profit for US corporations:

Corporations in the United States made profits of around 2.55 trillion U.S. dollars in the first quarter of 2021.

$2.55 TRILLION profit. In just one quarter.

$212 billion in taxes for a whole year.
You wrote..."You conflated individual taxes with corporate taxes."
I DIDN"T do any conflation! Conflation is taking two separate sources. I had just one.
taxreveunebypayer.png

My accountant would testify on my behalf that this most certainly isn’t true. I pay WAY more than my “fair share”.

It would be fair....Everyone pays the same....I don't see the problem.

It most certainly would be fair. I would add the caveat that those making less than x amount would be exempt.

These folks that complain that this wouldn’t be fair are the same ones saying that the rich don’t pay their fair share because they have accountants that manipulate the system. This would eliminate. If a guy makes 5 million a year, he pays 500k, period. According to Democrats, this guy is not paying that much now due to fancy accounting.

Forum List

Back