Six Republicans vote against investigating Russia for War Crimes

Second, are you unaware of the war crimes committed by our military?

So, if I am following the thrust of the good poster Gipper's argument, he is positing that:
Russia did nothing wrong because American military committed war crimes too.

Therefore, it is quite OK if war crimes continue being perpetrated because America did it first?

Do I have that right, Gipper?

LOL. First, you must know that these news reports can’t be believed. Second, are you unaware of the war crimes committed by our military?
Know what's funny about that statement.

Trump pardoned our war criminals.

There is no way to "investigate" anyhow.

Are Brandon's detectives going to be allowed to go to Ukraine and Russia and probe around, interviewing people and collecting evidence?

This whole bill is just another example of Liberal Virtue Signaling, which I guess is a lot easier to do than actual work.
I think your comments are spot on. There is already a move (not involving the US as the “investigatory” body) to have the Russian military actions investigated as possible war crimes.

Let’s go ahead and just assume what we really already know: that Russia HAS committed numerous major war crimes in Ukraine. Now what? We have zero jurisdiction to prosecute. So, after the “investigation” and the “findings,” we will be asking: “ok and what now?”

And the answer is pretty much also already known. Nothing.

So, if I am following the thrust of the good poster Gipper's argument, he is positing that:

Therefore, it is quite OK if war crimes continue being perpetrated because America did it first?

Lol. Wrong. You haven’t paid attention. I’m against all war period.

WAR IS THE CRIME. The worst war criminals are those who plan wars, profit from wars, convince their citizens to go to war, and reject diplomacy that would prevent war.

6!
My, whatever shall we do!

Roosevelt's request for a declaration of war on Japan with only one dissenter. The vote was 82–0 in the Senate and 388–1 in the House. Representative Jeannette Rankin of Montana, a dedicated pacifist and the first woman elected to Congress, cast the only vote against the declaration of war.

6blsrt.jpg

WAR IS THE CRIME. The worst war criminals are those who plan wars, profit from wars, convince their citizens to go to war, and reject diplomacy that would prevent war.
------------------------------------------------------------

That is not an inapproprate sentiment, poster Gipper.

But, if you are suggesting that list above is exclusive.....and the sergeant who shot the mother and daughter in the kitchen; the captain who ordered the POW's executed; the Colonel who said ....'bomb that damn hospital'.......are blameless, well, my avatar demurs.

Roosevelt's request for a declaration of war on Japan with only one dissenter. The vote was 82–0 in the Senate and 388–1 in the House. Representative Jeannette Rankin of Montana, a dedicated pacifist and the first woman elected to Congress, cast the only vote against the declaration of war.
I didn’t know that. She’s a hero. I wonder why there aren’t any statues of her in the imperial capitol on the Potomac.

------------------------------------------------------------

That is not an inapproprate sentiment, poster Gipper.

But, if you are suggesting that list above is exclusive.....and the sergeant who shot the mother and daughter in the kitchen; the captain who ordered the POW's executed; the Colonel who said ....'bomb that damn hospital'.......are blameless, well, my avatar demurs.
?

He confuses war crimes by individual soldiers or small groups of soldiers (think My Lai massacre)

William Laws Calley Jr. Miami, Florida, U.S. William Laws Calley Jr. (born June 8, 1943) is a former United States Army officer and war criminal convicted by court-martial for the premeditated killings of 200–400 unarmed South Vietnamese civilians in the Mỹ Lai massacre on March 16, 1968, during the Vietnam War.

With war crimes done on a massive scale by the civilian or military leadership.
Think Auschwitz

Thomas Massie is, without a doubt, THE best member of Congress. He's also the greenest member of Congress, I'd add.

You're welcome, btw. Pft. That's gratitude for ya. Be thankful that people work so hard to get people like him elected to Congress. Otherwise there would be nobody to speak for the Republic in any meaningful way.

Heck, when you have the major representatives of the duopoly, President Trump saying you need to be kicked out of the Republican Party and Nancy Pelosi calling you a dangerous nuisance, all in the same week for making Congress come to work, you know you're fighting the good fight.

Anyway. His voting record speaks for itself.

Relevant learning...

Last edited:
The problem is the electorate itself as a collective.

It's generally been systematically reduced to the equivalent of trained circus monkeys who have abandoned critical thought and generally hold no regard whatsoever (or knowledge thereof in many cases) for the proper role of government.

Threads like these are a perfect example of the phenomenon.

Ever notice the way people all over the world on other message boards and in general reporting comments consistently refer to how dumb and gullible they are?

Well there's a reason for it...

Last edited:
I think your comments are spot on. There is already a move (not involving the US as the “investigatory” body) to have the Russian military actions investigated as possible war crimes.

Let’s go ahead and just assume what we really already know: that Russia HAS committed numerous major war crimes in Ukraine. Now what? We have zero jurisdiction to prosecute. So, after the “investigation” and the “findings,” we will be asking: “ok and what now?”

And the answer is pretty much also already known. Nothing.
Dont be stupid. Proof, is what is needed to get every UN member to enforce sanctions against Russia. Even China will bend to the world.

Oh my!
Perhaps we can abort already born children!

Forum List

Back