Since we know that trickledown economics is a GOP lie, why are republicans still opposed to taxing the very wealthy more?

How could anyone in the Middle or Lower Classes get broken by Trump Tax Plan? Percentage wise across the board, people kept a higher rate vs. how much they kept under Obama-Biden. How does one lose or is it just their personal hatred of Trump that impacts their ability to do basic math?

A lot of people don't do their own taxes. Like myself, they have professionals do it. Few remember year to year how much they paid or how much they got back unless they take the time to look into their returns the year before, or it was a major difference.

I was told by my preparer the increase in my return thanks to Trump's new tax policy. Other than that, I probably wouldn't have known either.

Yep, one of the greatest GOP Scams ever foisted on the American People!

027.jpg
Trickle Down only exists in the ignorant minds of liberals who never took Economics in college, Doc! What was YOUR major?

Marketing - And Reagan did a helluva job marketing Trickle Down (also known as "supply-side" and "tax cuts") - Sorry, it's a thing that has been repeated as often as Donnie's Big Lie and it has NEVER worked - Not ONCE. ;)

I don't care how much money some one make's, my point was it is not trickling down, you think 25.000 is a decent amount of pay from a company that grosses billions, or that its cruel to ask them to contribute to the general welfare by paying a little more taxes? and many of you saying that even poor people should pay more taxes. Sorry as the past owner of 3 business we gave a ----- about other people less fortunate than our self's. Maybe because we were not rich & had to see these people in person or in town, we did not have the detachment available to those who never have to see those who toil daily to fill the company's pockets.

In PROG, the wealthy pay for stuff instead of the lower classes. You see, they're too dumb to pass on their taxes to the lower classes in the form of costs, lower wages, benefits and outsourcing.

PROGS are smart.

I don't care how much money some one make's, my point was it is not trickling down, you think 25.000 is a decent amount of pay from a company that grosses billions, or that its cruel to ask them to contribute to the general welfare by paying a little more taxes? and many of you saying that even poor people should pay more taxes. Sorry as the past owner of 3 business we gave a ----- about other people less fortunate than our self's. Maybe because we were not rich & had to see these people in person or in town, we did not have the detachment available to those who never have to see those who toil daily to fill the company's pockets.

Poor people don't pay taxes.....at least income taxes. Just over half our country pays those, and everybody should be contributing to the system since it benefits us all.

The commies just spent 2 trillion dollars mostly for pork. They are talking about spending another 3 trillion to payoff their union folks. You'd be hard pressed to find one poor person that gives a shit. Why? Because they are not going to have to pay for any of it, not one penny.

If we had a consumption tax to cover all this unnecessary spending, you'd see how fast people would band together to stop it.

Scenario A:
Business owner earns $10
Business owner's taxes are $2

Scenario B:
Business owner earns $10
Business owner's taxes are $3

Which of these scenarios is an employee most likely to receive a raise? In PROG the answer is scenario B, as B gets employees a raise in real life.

Poor people don't pay taxes.....at least income taxes. Just over half our country pays those, and everybody should be contributing to the system since it benefits us all.

The commies just spent 2 trillion dollars mostly for pork. They are talking about spending another 3 trillion to payoff their union folks. You'd be hard pressed to find one poor person that gives a shit. Why? Because they are not going to have to pay for any of it, not one penny.

If we had a consumption tax to cover all this unnecessary spending, you'd see how fast people would band together to stop it.
It’s simply a myth poor people don’t pay taxes. ANY worker pays payroll taxes. In fact, 20% of a poor person’s income goes to their taxes.

The wealth disparity in the US is the widest in the world. We KNOW corporate subsidies and tax breaks do not benefit the middle class or poor on any significant level. It's simply a myth they would choose to invest the extra money into lower level work forces. Why pay the fast food worker more if republican policy allows the fat cats to just keep the money they save from tax loopholes or meat subsidies? No point in that for them. There is no incentive.

"Under this legislation," the proposal noted above a list of billionaires in America, "the families of all 657 billionaires in America who have a combined net worth of over $4.26 trillion would owe up to $2.7 trillion in estate taxes."

What is also a myth or outright lie is when Democrats tell the Middle Class that no one making under $(Fill in the number) will pay an increase in taxes. Invariably and necessarily, the Middle Class pays more in taxes. Case in point, Biden is getting rid of the 2017 tax cuts. Under Trump’s plan, the Middle Class kept more of a percentage of its take home pay than they did under Obama or will under Biden.

I went from Middle Class to lower Middle Class and yet I pay more taxes under Rump than before. Not much but a few dollars. When you add up over 100 millionof us, that few dollars adds up. Then take those few hundred millions and give them to the Uber Rich in tax breaks. That was the Rump Tax Break. He broke my taxes (which broke me) and broke the Uber Rich's taxes which paid for their new luxury toys and such.
Explain how Trump's taxes broke you! I'd really like to hear how that worked.

Ah, the Vinnie Barbarino defense. Gotcha.
No reply to a straight forward question? Trump didn't raise taxes on the Middle Class...so your claim that he "broke you" is a flat out lie!
Correct. Trump's tax cuts were across the board. He doubled the standard deduction as well, which the vast majority of low and middle income earners use.

They have been fed talking points and they just regurgitate them without thinking.

My FICA sent down, meanwhile my Medicare went up to not only make up for it but it surpassed the cut. I lost money on the deal.
Were you going to explain how Trump's tax plan "broke you"?

Already did. Your brain can't accept it. Accepting it would make your head explode.
Oh, you're one of THOSE guys? Guys that claim things they can't back up...but when they're challenged on them...you lie and say you've already done so? Noted...

I go by my own monthy SSI check. And, no, I won't post a copy of that to so you thieves can use it for your own ends.

Now, prove to me that YOU are correct. So far, you have yet to do that without resorting to rtwingnutcase sites.

Scenario A:
Business owner earns $10

Scenario B:
Business owner earns $10

Which of these scenarios is an employee most likely to receive a raise? In PROG the answer is scenario B, as B gets employees a raise in real life.

Neither one. If that is your level of profit, shut the business down and go work for someone that does a better job.

Wall Mart made 559+ Billion last year, Average pay of wall mart worker 25.000 a year CEO pay for the year 22.8 Million.
As Ray already pointed out $22 mil is is not that much considering the size of the company

No one, outside of the owner of the Company that makes what Walley World does is worth anywhere near that. Maybe 1.3 mil but not 22 mil. Plus, the company isn't doing as well as it did 5 years ago with Amazon taking a chunk out of their sales.
You are entitled to your opinion

but unless you are a manor stockholder on the board of directors its not your call

As long as it's my tax dollars that the employees are receiving just to survive then it IS my call. It's called Corporate Welfare.

It’s simply a myth poor people don’t pay taxes. ANY worker pays payroll taxes. In fact, 20% of a poor person’s income goes to their taxes.

I didn't say any taxes, I said income taxes. Income taxes are what funds our federal government, the 88 welfare programs we have, our military, federal lands and prisons, foreign aid, all our bureaucracies and agencies we have.

Payroll taxes are a kind of pay-as-you go tax. They are local taxes are used to support your police department and fire. They are used to keep your street lights on, garbage collected, and perhaps fund your public schools. They go to pay for road maintenance and even new roads, perhaps your water and sewer lines.

As for the federal payroll taxes, you will get all that back and more if you live the average lifespan in the US. You will get all your Social Security back, all your Medicare contributions back. FICA funds Medicare, but also disability if you can no longer work.

I didn't say any taxes, I said income taxes. Income taxes are what funds our federal government, the 88 welfare programs we have, our military, federal lands and prisons, foreign aid, all our bureaucracies and agencies we have.

Payroll taxes are a kind of pay-as-you go tax. They are local taxes are used to support your police department and fire. They are used to keep your street lights on, garbage collected, and perhaps fund your public schools. They go to pay for road maintenance and even new roads, perhaps your water and sewer lines.

As for the federal payroll taxes, you will get all that back and more if you live the average lifespan in the US. You will get all your Social Security back, all your Medicare contributions back. FICA funds Medicare, but also disability if you can no longer work.
Are you suggesting it’s a bad thing those local programs are paid for?

Are you suggesting it’s a bad thing those local programs are paid for?

I never said that. What I said is nearly half of our population doesn't pay income taxes, and that we should all be paying them. That means half of our people are NOT supporting the federal government outside of a few programs that are funded through payroll that most of us get back.

The top 20% of wage earners in this country pay 87% of all collected income taxes. Local taxes are fine. I like my police, my fire department, our local libraries and parks. But the taxes collected for those things are not funding our federal government, it's agencies, all the federal programs or our military. It's also the reason when some Democrat comes up with a new way to spend money putting us further in the hole, people support it.

Now, if we all had to pay for that wasteful spending, you'd see how fast people would object to it.

Scenario A:
Business owner earns $10

Scenario B:
Business owner earns $10

Under which of these scenarios is the business owner likely to pass a greater cost down to customers?
In PROG neither one, because that's way too far away to really think about.

The wealth disparity in the US is the widest in the world. We KNOW corporate subsidies and tax breaks do not benefit the middle class or poor on any significant level. It's simply a myth they would choose to invest the extra money into lower level work forces. Why pay the fast food worker more if republican policy allows the fat cats to just keep the money they save from tax loopholes or meat subsidies? No point in that for them. There is no incentive.

"Under this legislation," the proposal noted above a list of billionaires in America, "the families of all 657 billionaires in America who have a combined net worth of over $4.26 trillion would owe up to $2.7 trillion in estate taxes."

What is also a myth or outright lie is when Democrats tell the Middle Class that no one making under $(Fill in the number) will pay an increase in taxes. Invariably and necessarily, the Middle Class pays more in taxes. Case in point, Biden is getting rid of the 2017 tax cuts. Under Trump’s plan, the Middle Class kept more of a percentage of its take home pay than they did under Obama or will under Biden.

I went from Middle Class to lower Middle Class and yet I pay more taxes under Rump than before. Not much but a few dollars. When you add up over 100 millionof us, that few dollars adds up. Then take those few hundred millions and give them to the Uber Rich in tax breaks. That was the Rump Tax Break. He broke my taxes (which broke me) and broke the Uber Rich's taxes which paid for their new luxury toys and such.

No reply to a straight forward question? Trump didn't raise taxes on the Middle Class...so your claim that he "broke you" is a flat out lie!
Correct. Trump's tax cuts were across the board. He doubled the standard deduction as well, which the vast majority of low and middle income earners use.

They have been fed talking points and they just regurgitate them without thinking.

My FICA sent down, meanwhile my Medicare went up to not only make up for it but it surpassed the cut. I lost money on the deal.

Already did. Your brain can't accept it. Accepting it would make your head explode.
Oh, you're one of THOSE guys? Guys that claim things they can't back up...but when they're challenged on them...you lie and say you've already done so? Noted...

I go by my own monthy SSI check. And, no, I won't post a copy of that to so you thieves can use it for your own ends.

Now, prove to me that YOU are correct. So far, you have yet to do that without resorting to rtwingnutcase sites.

I'm still waiting for you to show how something Trump did with taxes made you go broke! You made the claim. So either back it up with something or admit that you were simply talking out of your ass!

I'm still waiting for you to show how something Trump did with taxes made you go broke! You made the claim. So either back it up with something or admit that you were simply talking out of your ass!

If you wish to be noticed, you may wish to stop trolling.

If you wish to be noticed, you may wish to stop trolling.
If you wish to be thought of as something other than a partisan hack...you may wish to stop making claims that you can't come close to backing up!

For the third time...what Trump tax change was it that made you go broke?

Forum List

Back