Sidestepping Apple dispute, Obama makes case for access to device data

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
For myself I could care less, I figured that they were already listening to everything. If they started listening to my calls they would be asleep really quickly.

But clearly this could be abused and information used against opponents or the information could be used in political contests. And don't say it couldn't happen.

Sidestepping Apple dispute, Obama makes case for access to device data

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday made a passionate case for mobile devices to be built in such a way as to allow government to gain access to personal data if needed to prevent a terrorist attack or enforce tax laws.

Speaking at the South by Southwest festival in Texas, Obama said he could not comment on the legal case in which the FBI is trying to force Apple Inc. to allow access to an iPhone linked to San Bernardino, California, shooter Rizwan Farook.

OMG, so you mean to tell me the government wants free access to as much information about you as they want, whenever they want? I'm so shocked at this unforeseeable development.

Of course the government wants to protect your rights to privacy!!

Its only the 'Bad guys' that need to worry about Government intrusion.

(pssst--Whomever the government is interested in are the 'Bad guys'--else the government would not be interested in them! Think about it!)

Obama says that Illegal Alien Dem voters don't need ID, but he needs access to all of our smartphones

Imagine, 10 years ago, if GWB would have proposed the same thing.

Obama on Friday made a passionate case for mobile devices to be built in such a way as to allow government to gain access to personal data if needed to prevent a terrorist attack or enforce tax laws

sounds to me like he has taken a page right out of the commie manifesto. :up:

Obama on Friday made a passionate case for mobile devices to be built in such a way as to allow government to gain access to personal data if needed to prevent a terrorist attack or enforce tax laws

sounds to me like he has taken a page right out of the commie manifesto. :up:

I wonder if this would mean that the government would be able to start listening to the private calls between Obama and Soros.

Forum List

Back