Should parents let their kids eat fast food?

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
No I'm not for making it illegal. But even in moderation I believe parents hurt their kids when they let them eat it. It's full of chemicals and adds to the obesity in the he nation. It's time for parents to step up and learn about the consequences of consuming it

I suppose some fast food items aren’t that bad. Fried chicken and potatoes might not be advisable. Grilled chicken and a baked potato would be good.

We’ve traveled all over the country. One thing you’ll find every where in America, from big cities to tiny little towns, is FF restaurants. I bet many Americans eat FF every day.

No I'm not for making it illegal. But even in moderation I believe parents hurt their kids when they let them eat it. It's full of chemicals and adds to the obesity in the he nation. It's time for parents to step up and learn about the consequences of consuming it
So who's cooking it? That's my question. Teenagers don't make much money flipping burgers, and on the other hand you wifebeaters are keeping women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen to cook and clean for the kids.

And who's adulterating the food with chemicals? I don't doubt what you're saying, but some people have to cook and clean and do similar chores to eke out a living in exchange for what middle class and rich people are too lazy to do for themselves.

Do you want the US EPA and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to keep every restaurant in town under surveillance? Is that going to help with the banlists and blacklists of unwanted customers and unregistered sex offenders who just haven't yet been convicted of raping a waitress or peeking up her skirt while bending down to pick up a dropped spoon?

Everything else is being banned so why not?

To keep a kid from a happy meal is child abuse...teach them moderation in place of banning them from anything....they won't be under your guidance and watchful eyes forever...

I get that parents are super busy and it's fast and easy. But kids get hooked on the stuff and the food quality is terrible. Between the junk food and lack of activity we've got more fat 10 year olds waddling around than ever. That is potentially setting those kids up for a lifetime of health issues.

Is fast food any worse than slow food?

Exactly Mike. The american diet is a pitfall. Fat and sugar, fat and sugar. Then add in copious amounts of roundup and preservatives and stupid people wonder why sickness is rampant.

The most dangerous food items you can buy that has more food poisonings than any item sold is green veggies like lettuce and spinach...Two of my favorites but I go without until I can grow my own....

The most dangerous food items you can buy that has more food poisonings than any item sold is green veggies like lettuce and spinach...Two of my favorites but I go without until I can grow my own....
That is probably advisable but unfortunately the cops are hard at work planting weed on other people's private property and spraying their flowers and vegetables. Victory gardens are banned and the cops want to make a big bust no matter what.

McDonalds, Burger King and the rest of them should be shut down, and the CEOs executed for mass murder.

That is probably advisable but unfortunately the cops are hard at work planting weed on other people's private property and spraying their flowers and vegetables. Victory gardens are banned and the cops want to make a big bust no matter what.
Hmmm, what world do you live in?

Fast Food is never good for anyone but the obesity issue is more of a lack of exercise which another poster pointed out...

Fast Food is never good for anyone but the obesity issue is more of a lack of exercise which another poster pointed out...
If my kid is paying I'm eating a Big Mac.

McDonalds, Burger King and the rest of them should be shut down, and the CEOs executed for mass murder.

They are not forcing anyone to buy their garbage...

If I read you the school lunch ingredients you'd be able to embalm a lot of bodies with a days lunch.

Much worse. It is not that hard to wip up a simple, healthy meal at home no matter how busy you are. We had a delishous polenta, white bean, spinacha nd Quinoa soup tonight that took about 1/2 hour to make. Tomorrow, Veg. Burgers and Salad. Then sauteed Tilapia, brown rice nd veg,. De jour.

Much worse. It is not that hard to wip up a simple, healthy meal at home no matter how busy you are. We had a delishous polenta, white bean, spinacha nd Quinoa soup tonight that took about 1/2 hour to make. Tomorrow, Veg. Burgers and Salad. Then sauteed Tilapia, brown rice nd veg,. De jour.

Buy a slow cooker and just make soups and chili...

They are not forcing anyone to buy their garbage...
True, but people flock to them like moths to a flame. Jim Jones didn't force his flock to drink the cool aid either. But they did

Forum List

Back