Kids with conservative parents are happier

Ah yes, a fine self-reporting fallacy.

All that study showed was that liberals were more honest.

And the reaction to it shows that conservatives are really, really stupid.

Anyways, look at this board. Do the conservatives come across as mentally healthy? Would you let them look after your child or dog? OH HELL NO.

I know we all already know this but I thought I'd post it anyway. ;)

Adolescents who have “very conservative” parents are 16 to 17 percent more likely to have good or excellent mental health compared to teenagers with liberal parents, according to new research by Gallup.

The fascinating finding was made in June 2023 and features in a comprehensive report published last month by the independent, non-partisan Institute for Family Studies (IFS).

“Only 55% of adolescents of liberal parents reported good or excellent mental health compared to 77% of those with conservative or very conservative parents,” the IFS report explains.

The report, authored by Gallup economist and Brookings Institute senior fellow Jonathan Rothwell, concludes that conservative and very conservative parents were the “most likely to adopt the parenting practices associated with adolescent mental health.”

In describing those practices, Rothwell spelt out that “conservative parents enjoy higher quality relationships with their children, characterized by fewer arguments, more warmth, and a stronger bond, according to both parent and child reporting.”

“This relationship between conservativism and parenting remains significant even after controlling for an extensive list of parental demographic and socio-economic measures,” he explains, confirming that the study’s outcomes were consistent regardless of race, ethnicity, household income, education or the sex of the parent.

Turns out that it's better to be poor right-leaner than a rich leftist.....Just look at the kids of Hollywood liberals.

I don’t see too many kids raised with a good/involved mom and dad that were themselves taught to respect others and who passed that on to their children have kids who wonder what gender they are or ponder if they should shoot up their school or not.

BTW.....I prefer the term right-leaning over "conservative" as I don't think there is such a thing anymore.
Of course this is true but you don't seem to understand your own point.

You mean to say that 'anti-liberal' is happier than liberal but then you quibble over whether anti-liberal equals conservative ?????
WHy...Your point is that perversion and out-of-control individualism ruin life.Why not leave it at that

Of course this is true but you don't seem to understand your own point.

You mean to say that 'anti-liberal' is happier than liberal but then you quibble over whether anti-liberal equals conservative ?????
WHy...Your point is that perversion and out-of-control individualism ruin life.Why not leave it at that
Because it makes people like you pick at nits. ;)

Forum List

Back