Should deported veterans be allowed to return to US?

So to summarize. Illegals are more patriotic than Americans. Joined the military. Served and risked it all. Then they were deported. Saves money on Veterans Benefits.

If you wonder why we are doomed as a nation. Look in the mirror and point your finger at the reflection. That is who is destroying this nation.

Just because one joins the military doesn't mean they are anymore patriotic than those that don't. Most illegals that were deported did something in violation of our laws. We don't give American vets any extra leeway when they break the law, and neither should we with anybody who served.

Well they are more patriotic than you. Or a vast majority of the Real American Trumpers.

Well they are more patriotic than you. Or a vast majority of the Real American Trumpers.

How so? Plenty of people in and out of the military are leftists, and a leftist is the exact opposite of a patriot.

Odd. The definition of a Patriot is not as you describe.

The definition calls for the person to defend their country. To defend the country one must join the Military. So how Patriotic can you be having never served?

Another part is defending their nations interests. Those are determined by the will of the people. The people give their voice to the interests.

Their voice is used to choose a Political Leader. That leader decides what those interests are. If the people disagree a new leader is chosen.

A Patriot accepts that. A Patriot defends the rights of the people to make that choice. A Patriot knows it is our freedom to choose that makes us special.

The definition calls for the person to defend their country. To defend the country one must join the Military. So how Patriotic can you be having never served?

Another part is defending their nations interests. Those are determined by the will of the people. The people give their voice to the interests.

Their voice is used to choose a Political Leader. That leader decides what those interests are. If the people disagree a new leader is chosen.

A Patriot accepts that. A Patriot defends the rights of the people to make that choice. A Patriot knows it is our freedom to choose that makes us special.

From your link:

a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, especially of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.

Yes, defending the country which is done in more ways than one. In fact we have people in USMB that defend this country all the time when outsiders lay criticism on us. So I stand by my earlier statement, just because one served in the military does not make them anymore of a patriot than somebody that didn't serve.

From your link:

a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, especially of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.

Yes, defending the country which is done in more ways than one. In fact we have people in USMB that defend this country all the time when outsiders lay criticism on us. So I stand by my earlier statement, just because one served in the military does not make them anymore of a patriot than somebody that didn't serve.

Yes. You are just as much of a hero as those who were wounded in the military. I mean don’t they understand how courageous you are risking Carpel Tunnel? I mean sure they risked life and limb. But Carpel Tunnel is really painful.

EC26AEEC-6A50-4046-94F7-C0BFEB830CE1.jpeg

Yes. You are just as much of a hero as those who were wounded in the military. I mean don’t they understand how courageous you are risking Carpel Tunnel? I mean sure they risked life and limb. But Carpel Tunnel is really painful.

We were talking about patriotism, not heroism. I've had discussions with people from the military where the last thing they were was patriots. Or did you consider Timothy McVeigh a patriot too since he served?

I don't often agree with the Biden administration but in this case the deported immigrants should be awarded citizenship if they served honorably in the U.S. armed forces.

Somebody needs to challenge this. The executive branch is supposed to administer the laws created by congress. This shit with acting like they can do whatever they want with immigration laws started when Obama publicly stated he wouldn't enforce immigration law.

I don't often agree with the Biden administration but in this case the deported immigrants should be awarded citizenship if they served honorably in the U.S. armed forces.
Yes, then we will have ten million more people sneaking in to join the military to become automatic citizens after getting out. I thought the idea to stop illegal immigration was to put up a deterrent--not an invitation.

How so? Plenty of people in and out of the military are leftists, and a leftist is the exact opposite of a patriot.
Hmmm, so a person who is willing to go and die for their country is not a Patriot, but a coward who will hide and let somebody else put in the work is a Patriot. OK.

We were talking about patriotism, not heroism. I've had discussions with people from the military where the last thing they were was patriots. Or did you consider Timothy McVeigh a patriot too since he served?

McVeigh was a Patriot because he served. McVeigh was a mass murdering idiot because he saw his government as the enemy.

The question is what are you willing to risk for your beliefs? What are you willing to risk to defend your nation? McVeigh at least was willing to risk his life to defend this nation. That is true if everyone who signed the dotted line and swore the oath

What do you risk? Hiding behind a user name and blathering on about how you know what patriotism is? The people who signed the Declaration of Independence risked their lives. They ended up broke or dead for the most part to buy your freedom.

Friends of mine died in Iraq in 91. They put their lives on the line. The people who didn’t die endured discomfort that would have you screaming in fury.

Families endured fear that their loved ones wouldn’t come home. Their nightmare was a car pulling up outside to tell them their Patriot was dead. Or if they were lucky maimed for the rest of their lives.

You whip out McVeigh the Mass Murdering idiot. He was willing to risk death to stroke a blow at his Government for murdering people at Waco and Ruby Ridge. He went to his death unrepentant.

Now. I think he was a Mass Murdering idiot. But I respect his dedication to his beliefs.

What do you risk? A sore back sitting and tapping on your keyboard? Carpel Tunnel?

I love you guys. The kind who would have joined except. You guys are willing to sacrifice as many other people as needed to get what you want.

Patrick Tillman left the cushy life and put it on the line. What did you do? Paul Smith put himself between the enemy and his fellow soldiers. What did you do?

Jose Jimenez, you can find his name in Washington. On the Vietnam Memorial. He put it on the line so you could blather about whatever you wanted to.

You have never felt the shadow of a patriotic urge in your life. You have never loved your fellow Countrymen so much you were willing to risk your own life snd limb to protect them.

Then you denigrate and insult those who do. When are you going to the airport to spit on the troops? The minorities. The Liberals. The subhumans you detest.

You have the right of freedom of speech and I will always argue that you have the right. You can even call yourself a Patriot. But you aren’t one. Watch your war movies and laugh as the minorities are killed. Watch your documentaries and tell yourself that you could have done better. You would have made Audie Murphy look like a sissy. Tell yourself that you had better things to do. Or you had flat feet.

But you didn’t risk. You never put your life on the line. Tim McVeigh was willing to die for his beliefs. Dorner was willing to die for his beliefs. What are you risking? Or is risk for suckers?

Make sure you stretch your back. We wouldn’t want you to get a cramp while denouncing the troops who served.

McVeigh was a Patriot because he served. McVeigh was a mass murdering idiot because he saw his government as the enemy.

The question is what are you willing to risk for your beliefs? What are you willing to risk to defend your nation? McVeigh at least was willing to risk his life to defend this nation. That is true if everyone who signed the dotted line and swore the oath

What do you risk? Hiding behind a user name and blathering on about how you know what patriotism is? The people who signed the Declaration of Independence risked their lives. They ended up broke or dead for the most part to buy your freedom.

Friends of mine died in Iraq in 91. They put their lives on the line. The people who didn’t die endured discomfort that would have you screaming in fury.

Families endured fear that their loved ones wouldn’t come home. Their nightmare was a car pulling up outside to tell them their Patriot was dead. Or if they were lucky maimed for the rest of their lives.

You whip out McVeigh the Mass Murdering idiot. He was willing to risk death to stroke a blow at his Government for murdering people at Waco and Ruby Ridge. He went to his death unrepentant.

Now. I think he was a Mass Murdering idiot. But I respect his dedication to his beliefs.

What do you risk? A sore back sitting and tapping on your keyboard? Carpel Tunnel?

I love you guys. The kind who would have joined except. You guys are willing to sacrifice as many other people as needed to get what you want.

Patrick Tillman left the cushy life and put it on the line. What did you do? Paul Smith put himself between the enemy and his fellow soldiers. What did you do?

Jose Jimenez, you can find his name in Washington. On the Vietnam Memorial. He put it on the line so you could blather about whatever you wanted to.

You have never felt the shadow of a patriotic urge in your life. You have never loved your fellow Countrymen so much you were willing to risk your own life snd limb to protect them.

Then you denigrate and insult those who do. When are you going to the airport to spit on the troops? The minorities. The Liberals. The subhumans you detest.

You have the right of freedom of speech and I will always argue that you have the right. You can even call yourself a Patriot. But you aren’t one. Watch your war movies and laugh as the minorities are killed. Watch your documentaries and tell yourself that you could have done better. You would have made Audie Murphy look like a sissy. Tell yourself that you had better things to do. Or you had flat feet.

But you didn’t risk. You never put your life on the line. Tim McVeigh was willing to die for his beliefs. Dorner was willing to die for his beliefs. What are you risking? Or is risk for suckers?

Make sure you stretch your back. We wouldn’t want you to get a cramp while denouncing the troops who served.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

McVeigh was not a patriot. How is one a patriot when he attacked a government building, killing innocent people and children for his radical views? I don't care if he served in the military. He was a criminal and was properly executed for plotting against the US government. He was a certified terrorist, and just about any American who didn't serve was more of a patriot than he was.

Hmmm, so a person who is willing to go and die for their country is not a Patriot, but a coward who will hide and let somebody else put in the work is a Patriot. OK.

See the definition of Patriot that Savannahmann posted. Just because one serves does not make them more of a patriot than anybody else, especially when they hold anti-American views. A patriot is one who loves their country. There are plenty of people that join the military for the benefits they get after being discharged and it's the only reason they joined. That does not make them a patriot, that makes them an opportunist.

The Biden administration on Friday announced it is formalizing a new process to allow immigrants who served in the U.S. military and were later deported to return to the country legally.

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas ordered the nation's immigration agencies to craft a "rigorous, systematic approach" to review the cases of immigrants whose deportations "failed to live up to our highest values."

"Together with our partner the Department of Veterans Affairs, we are committed to bringing back military service members, veterans, and their immediate family members who were unjustly removed and ensuring they receive the benefits to which they may be entitled," Mayorkas said in a statement. "Today we are taking important steps to make that a reality."

So not only did these people illegally get into the country, they also illegally got into our military as well. Not only does Dementia want to bring them back into the country, but restore all their military benefits.

I'm all behind our veterans and any benefits they can get, but I'm against veterans who weren't supposed to be here in the first place. The people they deport are usually illegals that got involved in some sort of criminal activity, and shouldn't be getting a free pass simply because also illegally served.

No that is not true.
To enlist they have to have a green card.
If they then later are deported, that is almost always a clerical error, as they are supposed to be nuturalized.

{...

Immigrants in the US Armed Forces​

US Military Accepts Non-Citizens to Serve​

Military members at a naturalization ceremony

•••

BY
ROD POWERS
Updated March 08, 2021
Since 2001, over 120,000 military members who were immigrants became United States citizens.1 Immigrants serving in the United States military have deep historical roots. Non-citizens have fought in and with the U.S. Armed forces since the Revolutionary War.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) says that thousands of non-citizens enlist in the military each year.2 Naturalization through military service is a legitimate method of increasing recruitment and allowing immigrants to become citizens.

Requirements to Join​

Military service for citizens as well as immigrants with documentation is voluntary. Each branch of service has different enlistment requirements, but there are some standard requirements that all the branches have.

Among these requirements is that only U.S. citizens can become commissioned officers or work in jobs that require special security clearances in the United States military.

Documented non-citizens are eligible to enlist in the military. They can also become commissioned officers once they achieve citizenship.

A non-citizen must meet specific requirements to be eligible to join the military. They must have a Permanent Residence Card (I-551 green card) or a valid foreign passport stamped "processed for I-551."3

If non-citizens come from countries with a reputation of hostility toward the U.S., they may require a waiver. The federal government cannot petition on behalf of an undocumented immigrant to obtain legal status and be able to enlist in the military.

For an immigrant to join the United States military, they must first go through the immigration process of the USCIS (previously known as the INS, or Immigration and Naturalization Services) and then begin the enlistment process.

The green card and/or visa of the person desiring to join the military must be valid for the entire period of their enlistment.
On most military bases, there is a USCIS representative to discuss and assist with the administrative process of applying for citizenship.
...}

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

McVeigh was not a patriot. How is one a patriot when he attacked a government building, killing innocent people and children for his radical views? I don't care if he served in the military. He was a criminal and was properly executed for plotting against the US government. He was a certified terrorist, and just about any American who didn't serve was more of a patriot than he was.

The legal government of this country would not have any federal weapons laws, since the constitution strictly forbids that.
So while McVeigh was stupid and did not even check to find that there was a day care center above the BATF offices, his motive is not wrong.
The BATF, DEA, TIS, and many other federal departments are totally illegal.

See the definition of Patriot that Savannahmann posted. Just because one serves does not make them more of a patriot than anybody else, especially when they hold anti-American views. A patriot is one who loves their country. There are plenty of people that join the military for the benefits they get after being discharged and it's the only reason they joined. That does not make them a patriot, that makes them an opportunist.

I think you have this wrong.
It is the government that has the anti-American views.
For example, we all already saw the reasons why Prohibition was illegal and stupid, but then we repeated the exact same mistake with the War on Drugs, which is even worse because it is far more racist.
Federal wars of aggression are all illegal, like Desert Storm, invading Panama, invading Grenada, invading Iraq, invading Afghanistan, murdering Qaddafi, attack Assad, mandated sentences, the War on Drugs, asset forfeiture, federal gun regulations, etc.
Joining the military is not necessarily patriotic, but only because the military is so criminal.

…, asset forfeiture, federal gun regulations, etc.
Joining the military is not necessarily patriotic, but only because the military is so criminal.
There are crime families in the military, too. That family name patch on the uniform is a little bit too much there. There's too much boy scout stuff and momma's boy stuff they keep right on enforcing in the military. If you don't come from the right family, you'll just end up court-martialed and dishonorably discharged for a feud in which you may never have been involved in, and would never have had reason to become involved, if the other feuding families hadn't gone to court with false criminal or mental health charges. Because mental health is also a ticket to dishonorable discharge.

See the definition of Patriot that Savannahmann posted. Just because one serves does not make them more of a patriot than anybody else, especially when they hold anti-American views.

Of course it does, you think someone who has sacrificed their life in war is not more Patriotic than someone who has never served. Because you don't adhere to the premises of white supremacy doesn't mean you are anti-American.
A patriot is one who loves their country. There are plenty of people that join the military for the benefits they get after being discharged and it's the only reason they joined. That does not make them a patriot, that makes them an opportunist.

It is irrelevant why the joined, the fact is they made the sacrifice that you didn't and yes that makes them a Patriot over someone who just hugs a flag and claims they are a Patriot. Action speaks louder than words.

I'd say they need to investigate each and every one of these Vets to see exactly how and why they got into our military.

I'll tell you exactly how they got into the military. After about 3 years of Bush's forever war, all the fat, stupid entitled white people stopped letting their kids enlist.

And they had to make up those numbers somewhere.

There are crime families in the military, too. That family name patch on the uniform is a little bit too much there. There's too much boy scout stuff and momma's boy stuff they keep right on enforcing in the military. If you don't come from the right family, you'll just end up court-martialed and dishonorably discharged for a feud in which you may never have been involved in, and would never have had reason to become involved, if the other feuding families hadn't gone to court with false criminal or mental health charges. Because mental health is also a ticket to dishonorable discharge.

Does your doctor know you aren't taking your medications again?

As usual you are just blowing smoke and making up rules as you go along

A DUI is treated as a serious drug offense in the military and can leave citizens and non citizens alike hanging onto their enlistment by the hair of their chinny chin chin

If not booted out altogether

Quite the opposite. The military is usually desperate to hold on to people. We had this one Sergeant who ended up with a bad crowd of people and came up hot on a piss test. Instead of just throwing him out, they made him go to a lot of drug counselling. Then they caught him on another piss test and only then did they start moving against him.

Funny aside, when we were all standing in line for the "random" test to get this guy, the Captain said to me, 'You don't take drugs, do you Sergeant B?"

And I replied, not missing a beat. "No, Sir! I'm like this normally, Sir!!!" Everyone had a good laugh.

Forum List

Back