Should deported veterans be allowed to return to US?

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
The Biden administration on Friday announced it is formalizing a new process to allow immigrants who served in the U.S. military and were later deported to return to the country legally.

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas ordered the nation's immigration agencies to craft a "rigorous, systematic approach" to review the cases of immigrants whose deportations "failed to live up to our highest values."

"Together with our partner the Department of Veterans Affairs, we are committed to bringing back military service members, veterans, and their immediate family members who were unjustly removed and ensuring they receive the benefits to which they may be entitled," Mayorkas said in a statement. "Today we are taking important steps to make that a reality."

So not only did these people illegally get into the country, they also illegally got into our military as well. Not only does Dementia want to bring them back into the country, but restore all their military benefits.

I'm all behind our veterans and any benefits they can get, but I'm against veterans who weren't supposed to be here in the first place. The people they deport are usually illegals that got involved in some sort of criminal activity, and shouldn't be getting a free pass simply because also illegally served.

Should people who can't spell 'deported' be deported?

Yes, all deported servicemen should be returned, given medals, and paraded in front of Mara Lago.

Thanks for catching the typo my computer didn't. So what you're saying is that if somebody wants to get into this country without going through the proper channels like the legal immigrants did, simply join our military and you get a free pass? How is that fair to the immigrants who had to wait in line for over a decade to be in this country?

Thanks for catching the typo my computer didn't. So what you're saying is that if somebody wants to get into this country without going through the proper channels like the legal immigrants did, simply join our military and you get a free pass? How is that fair to the immigrants who had to wait in line for over a decade to be in this country?

Sure, why not.

Frankly, it wasn't like you went out and signed up, was it?

The unit I was in had lots of Hispanics in it. A few of them couldn't even speak English very well.

Biden is an idiot to give blanket amnesty to any group of illegal aliens. What if they were rapists, drug dealers, smugglers, murderers or treasonists to name a few of their most popular occupations? I don't even care if the illegal alien was an Obama caliber Nobel contender. We all know that didn't take any talent or effort.

Biden is an idiot to give blanket amnesty to any group of illegal aliens. What if they were rapists, drug dealers, smugglers, murderers or treasonists to name a few of their most popular occupations? I don't even care if the illegal alien was an Obama caliber Nobel contender. We all know that didn't take any talent or effort.

Except if you read the article Welfare Ray posted, he isn't giving a blanket amnesty, he's creating a process.

So if you got deported after serving time for rape or murder, um, yeah, you aren't going to get back in.

If you got deported for a DUI (something that actually happened to a neighbor of mine) then, yes, you are probalby going to get back in.

The Biden administration on Friday announced it is formalizing a new process to allow immigrants who served in the U.S. military and were later deported to return to the country legally.

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas ordered the nation's immigration agencies to craft a "rigorous, systematic approach" to review the cases of immigrants whose deportations "failed to live up to our highest values."

"Together with our partner the Department of Veterans Affairs, we are committed to bringing back military service members, veterans, and their immediate family members who were unjustly removed and ensuring they receive the benefits to which they may be entitled," Mayorkas said in a statement. "Today we are taking important steps to make that a reality."

So not only did these people illegally get into the country, they also illegally got into our military as well. Not only does Dementia want to bring them back into the country, but restore all their military benefits.

I'm all behind our veterans and any benefits they can get, but I'm against veterans who weren't supposed to be here in the first place. The people they deport are usually illegals that got involved in some sort of criminal activity, and shouldn't be getting a free pass simply because also illegally served.

They earned US citizenship by serving in our military.. Their service was LEGAL.You cannot deport US citizens.

You sure aren't very bright. Did you serve in the US military or were you like Trump?

Ray do you actually read these articles when you post them?

Deported veterans typically enlisted in the U.S. military as green card holders and later found themselves in deportation proceedings after being convicted of certain crimes — including non-violent ones — that render immigrants deportable under U.S. immigration law.

As always, Democrats have a real problem with people accepting and assuming the obligations and restrictions that they AGREE TO when they sign contracts - if those terms later become inconvenient.

This is why, for example, they favor college loan forgiveness. It is why they favor granting UBER derivers employee status, even though those drivers sign a pile of documents wherein they accept their non-employee status, emphatically. The examples are too numerous to count.

Foreigners who enlist in the United States Armed Forces are told in no uncertain terms that their enlistment and service WILL NOT entitle them to either permanent residency status or citizenship, after their enlistment ends. They sign up because the pay and benefits of being an U.S. serviceman is the best option they have at that time in their lives.

But many of them ignore what they have agreed to after they leave the military service, and seek to remain in the U.S., illegally, because that is more convenient than going back to their shit-hole home countries.

Donald Trump, being literate, understood what was going on and sought to remove such veterans, since they ALL AGREED to leave the country when their enlistment was up.

Squinty Joe is fully committed to the Democrat program of getting as many government-dependent foreigners onto American voting rolls as quickly as possible, in order to secure national elections for Democrats for the foreseeable future.

Get this picture? To democrats, them contracts don't mean shit, when compared to the initiative to pollute the future voter rolls with government-dependents.

The deported military veterans joined the military illegally. Leave them deported.

Yes,
Those would be the Russians Trump let in.

Deported veterans typically enlisted in the U.S. military as green card holders and later found themselves in deportation proceedings after being convicted of certain crimes — including non-violent ones — that render immigrants deportable under U.S. immigration law.

Criminals are criminals as far as I'm concerned. The commies are trying to use any excuse possible to get these third-worlders into this country.

They earned US citizenship by serving in our military.. Their service was LEGAL.You cannot deport US citizens.

You sure aren't very bright. Did you serve in the US military or were you like Trump?

You do not get automatic citizenship in the US because you served. WTF did you get that BS from? If that was the case, our military would be flooded with illegals. Plus once here, it's a red carpet for the rest of your family to be here.

Once deported, immigrants can be banished from the U.S. for three or ten years, even if they served in the military.
--------------------------------
well that is dirty. They and their family should be allowed to return.

Dementia nor his party could care less the harm that comes to Americans by letting all these people in. That's why while we are trying to recover from a virus thanks to his buddies in China, he's letting all these untested people into the country and busing them coast to coast. If they are alcoholics, so what? When they smash into your minivan and kill your family of five, then complain as far as Democrats are concerned.

Forum List

Back