Men surrounded for exercising Second Amendment rights.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
Lately the argument is that we really do not have 2nd Amendment rights and I do not see the biggest supporters of the 2nd Amendment doing a darn thing about this.

Massachusetts police responding to group of 'heavily armed men' claiming to 'not recognize our laws'

It appears a group of men ran out of gas and while refueling a police officer stopped. He arrested two of them and the rest fled into the woods. I'm missing an important aspect here. What did they do that was illegal to start with?

Lately the argument is that we really do not have 2nd Amendment rights and I do not see the biggest supporters of the 2nd Amendment doing a darn thing about this.

Massachusetts police responding to group of 'heavily armed men' claiming to 'not recognize our laws'

It appears a group of men ran out of gas and while refueling a police officer stopped. He arrested two of them and the rest fled into the woods. I'm missing an important aspect here. What did they do that was illegal to start with?
I'd like to know that myself.

Fucking Massachusetts has some stupid attitudes towards armed people. (smh)

This whole thing is sketchy as hell, but the information in the article is thin. Two were arrested, but what for? It mentions they refused to identify themselves or put their weapons down- maybe that's it?

At least they weren't shot dead this time.
You don't have to provide ID to LE unless there is reasonable suspicion of criminal activity afoot.

But LE tends not to like that law much.

1. stop the stupid shit---this is common sense--they ran away, with firearms, from the police
2. most law websites tell you to comply with the police-it's stupid not to
3. like Floyd, etc = STUPID--one of the reasons they get killed--NOT because of skin color

Yes, there are two limited exceptions. First, in some states, you must provide your name to law enforcement officers if you are stopped and told to identify yourself.
Stay calm. Don’t run, resist, or obstruct the officers. Do not lie or give false documents. Keep your hands where the police can see them.
aclu

This whole thing is sketchy as hell, but the information in the article is thin. Two were arrested, but what for? It mentions they refused to identify themselves or put their weapons down- maybe that's it?

At least they weren't shot dead this time.

If you have a right to own guns why do you have to put your guns down? Other than possibly the driver, unless some crime can be relayed they have no reason to identify themselves either.

Officials said they made two arrests and the rest of the group, which calls itself “Moorish American Arms,” fled into a wooded area that is now surrounded by police.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@“

ANTIFA / New Black Panthers wackos on their way to Black Lies Matter boot camp?

This sounds like the beginning of the civil war that libs like Mac1958 have been breathlessly waiting for

pknopp
well-geee--maybe because the police told you to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..I guess, as a cop, you would let them hang around you with firearms?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
etc etc MANY links

A bit more detail..no crime committed, afaik..just some evasive behavior and non-compliance. Got to say...amused by the Moorish American Arms--the Moors were Muslim, right? If these are Black folks...and Islamic...I bet some of those who see the 2nd amendment slant may break themselves twisting away...LOL!

The situation began when a trooper spotted two vehicles in the breakdown lane and stopped to offer assistance around 1:30 a.m. Saturday, according to Massachusetts State Police Col. Christopher Mason.
Shortly after 11 Saturday morning, Massachusetts State Police tweeted the shelter-in-place order had been lifted and 11 suspects had been arrested.
Mason said the trooper observed the group trying to refuel a vehicle and saw they were wearing tactical-style gear. They were armed with a combination of rifles and pistols.
The trooper asked the men for identification and called for backup.
According to Massachusetts State Police, the men were traveling to Maine from Rhode Island for what the group called "training."
A spokesperson for Maine State Police said MSP and the Maine Information Analysis Center was aware of the standoff and was "monitoring the situation with our local, state and federal partners."
A group calling themselves "Moorish American Arms" posted a video on Instagram overnight showing armed members blocking the highway.

Wakefield Standoff Suspects Claim To Be Part Of Group Called ‘Rise Of The Moors’​

Interstate 95 in Wakefield was shut down by a standoff between Massachusetts State Police and a group of heavily armed men Saturday morning. The men claim to be part of a group called “The Rise of The Moors – The Moorish American Arms.”
The group claims to be American nationals but not US citizens. They have a Moroccan flag.

How do you claim to be an "American national" and not be a citizen?

pknopp
well-geee--maybe because the police told you to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..I guess, as a cop, you would let them hang around you with firearms?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
etc etc MANY links

I absolutely would. As a cop I would respect their Constitutional Rights.

Video broadcast from one of the men in the group explaining their stance...

Video broadcast from one of the men in the group explaining their stance...

He ain't wrong.

pknopp, EvilEyeFleegle has it correct and is asking a valid question.
Interstate 95 in Wakefield was shut down by a standoff between Massachusetts State Police and a group of heavily armed men Saturday morning. The men claim to be part of a group called “The Rise of The Moors – The Moorish American Arms.”
The group claims to be American nationals but not US citizens. They have a Moroccan flag.

"How do you claim to be an "American national" and not be a citizen?"

pknopp, In your mind do they have rights to enter into the country and use our constitution for their nefarious purposes?

pknopp, EvilEyeFleegle has it correct and is asking a valid question.

"How do you claim to be an "American national" and not be a citizen?"

pknopp, In your mind do they have rights to enter into the country and use our constitution for their nefarious purposes?

There was ZERO reasons to question them to start with.

Forum List

Back